Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Servicing Renault Fluence

• 28-10-2020 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if I should service the fluence off an independent mechanic or the main dealer windsor. The car still under warranty till next June.

If I do not service from main dealer windsor will I lose the warranty.

Main dealer charge €199
    My own mechanic €80+ something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Read the terms of your warranty. Just note if you need warranty work done then Renault or the main dealer may ask for evidence that the correct fluids and parts were used. If your only paying Joe the mechanic across the road €80 plus something for a service, then he most likely ain't giving you an invoice so have no proof of what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭con747

I doubt the €80+ service includes all the filters being changed but in saying that does the €199? Ask both what is included for the price.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

con747 wrote: »
    I doubt the €80+ service includes all the filters being changed but in saying that does the €199? Ask both what is included for the price.

Windsor

€199 - INTERIM (A) SERVICE

Change oil & oil filter
    Check and report all lights & bulbs, brake lights
    Check and report on exhaust, battery & wipers
    Check and report on tyre thread depths
    Check and report on front and rear brake pads and discs
    Check and report on brake, clutch, power steering & washer bottle fluid levels
    Check and report on the suspension which includes shocks, struts, springs, bushes and links
    Test drive

€299 -

FULL (B) SERVICE

Check and report on the suspension which includes shocks, struts, springs, bushes and links
    Rotate tyres
    Change**: Pollen filter, Air filter, Oil & Oil filter, Fuel filter, Spark plugs
    Software update**
    Test drive

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭walshtipp

FrankC21 wrote: »
    Windsor

Change oil & oil filter
    Test drive

€299 -

FULL (B) SERVICE

Rotate tyres
    Software update**
    Test drive

For €199 the only work being done is oil and filter and overall inspection. I'd be going to independent mechanic because €199 is a rip-off for a basic service. Have a look at the terms of your warranty to see if this will affect it.

walshtipp wrote: »
    For €199 the only work being done is oil and filter and overall inspection. I'd be going to independent mechanic because €199 is a rip-off for a basic service. Have a look at the terms of your warranty to see if this will affect it.

Exactly what Im thinking €199 is too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭con747

Windsor

Change oil & oil filter
    Test drive

€299 -

FULL (B) SERVICE

Rotate tyres
    Software update**
    Test drive

So option 1 is an oil change and filter and a look at everything, at least option 2 they actually change all the filters and do a bit of work. On a fairly new car very little of what they say they check would be faulty and you could do yourself in 10 minutes. I only noticed the asterisk symbols on two of the 2nd service options, I would enquire what that means.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭walshtipp

Exactly what Im thinking €199 is too much.

Yes it is. Any independent mechanic will do that kind of service for way less money. Most important thing is to use quality oil. I've always used a local mechanic for years and saved myself a fortune over dealership prices. As I said do make sure to see if this would void your warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

From experience if your mechanic uses genuine parts and you've invoices to prove the work was done then your warranty should be alright

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not DIY, moved to main forum.

My mechanic ask for €120 oil and filter change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That sounds about right for a mechanic, but a tad high.

You can find prices on some sites to compare with, google around or ring a few local mechs.
    https://www.fitzpatricksgarages.ie/web/service-price-menu/
    https://www.carserviceireland.ie/pricing/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is this car 2016 or earlier?

An indie would be fine imho. It's not a Ferrari.

All i want is an oil and filter change, ive put in 15k km already since I bought it. I can change air filter myself.

Advertisement