Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 254 - Khabib v Gaethje

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

• Registered Users Posts: 37,499 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Khabib's weigh in looks dodgy for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

eagle eye wrote: »
    Khabib's weigh in looks dodgy for sure.

No ****s given, fights on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

It's amazing that Khabib is still able to do that cut considering that he was hospitalised making that same weight 3 and a half years ago. That's probably one of the main reasons why he talks about retiring so much - he knows there's only so many times left that he can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

What weight does Khabib cut from? 180-185 lbs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Tiramisu

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's amazing that Khabib is still able to do that cut considering that he was hospitalised making that same weight 3 and a half years ago. That's probably one of the main reasons why he talks about retiring so much - he knows there's only so many times left that he can do it.

I think he was bigger then than he was for recent fights. Unless he’s added mass for this fight.

No idea what he’s cutting from. But 175 would be a big LW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

The one and only time I ever put money on a fight was when Johnny hendricks barely made weight against robbie Lawlor, he looked like death warmed up on the scales. He subsequently went 5 rounds and I lost my e20. That was pre usada and during the times they could use an iv bag to rehydrate, I wonder if khabib can recover quickly enough, he looks like ****e on those scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

The one and only time I ever put money on a fight was when Johnny hendricks barely made weight against robbie Lawlor, he looked like death warmed up on the scales. He subsequently went 5 rounds and I lost my e20. That was pre usada and during the times they could use an iv bag to rehydrate, I wonder if khabib can recover quickly enough, he looks like ****e on those scales.

Yoel romero vs Whittaker 2. He was carried to the scales, and missed weight. In the girst fight he was outclassed. Part 2 changed Whittaker i reckon.
    Pay no mind to the scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Will the main event be an hr earlier than usual with the clock change so around 4am ? I don't even know where fight island is do they have clocks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Will the main event be an hr earlier than usual with the clock change so around 4am ? I don't even know where fight island is do they have clocks?

card starts at 9pm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

sonofenoch wrote: »

Main card starts at 7pm Irish time

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

stuchyg wrote: »
    Main card starts at 7pm Irish time

Even Better

Khabib will rag doll Gaethje unless Gaethje has made serious adjustments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

gizabeer wrote: »
    card starts at 9pm :D

Aha

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What station is covering this?

BT1 and 2 don’t have it listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

****. It’s box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

Khabib looked the same at this weigh in as he always does.

And the lad doing the weigh ins did the exact same thing with the scale with other fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

xtal191 wrote: »
    Khabib looked the same at this weigh in as he always does.

And the lad doing the weigh ins did the exact same thing with the scale with other fighters

Yes and no he didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

First time a decent UFC card is in at a decent time and
    there no way to legally watch it unless you have Sky.

Only way I can see is to have a VPN and order the PPV on a phone or pc and hook it to a Tv. Don’t wanna rely on streams that will freeze. Will just turn my phone off and download the PPV whenever it’s uploaded which will
    Probably be 11.30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,499 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

xtal191 wrote:
    He didn't do.it with Gaethje.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭The White Feather

walshb wrote: »
    What station is covering this?

BT1 and 2 don’t have it listed.

For anyone who doesn't know, the prelims are on at 5 on BT Sport 2. After that its stream time....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Can somebody please PM me about the obvious thing with this card...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

For those of you about to set sail on the high seas tonight, may your ship be steady and may the mma gods be on your side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Also khabib smesh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Needs to be more clarity on the rules around weigh ins.
    If Khabib wins on decision, Justin can feel hard done by based on that sham of a weigh in.

After DCs embarrassing weigh at UFC210, that's when communication from the UFC should of been ironed out so a similar occurance wouldn't happen again.

That's the problem when one man has all the power, dictator Dana decided what's on the menu and what's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Alvarez with another good submission!

Cormier is already annoying me with his babble as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭vafankillar

wtf i usually get this on nowtv for like a tenner and now there's no way to legally buy it here with some sky subscription? or can i get it on a once off on sky just for the stream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

wtf i usually get this on nowtv for like a tenner and now there's no way to legally buy it here with some sky subscription? or can i get it on a once off on sky just for the stream?

nope, there is literally no way.
    same as with the cowboy mcgregor fight

Advertisement