Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New God of War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So with all the high scores, how long of a honeymoon period are we looking at? :)

• Just got my review code!!! Downloading as soon as I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So with all the high scores, how long of a honeymoon period are we looking at? :)

People were already whining about it after the reviews came out last week so -7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Just got my review code!!! Downloading as soon as I get home

But the reviews are already out!
    You're a terrible reviewer! :P

Jealous?
    No, I'm not jealous :D

It's why the game will only get a 7 from him. :)

• Advertisement

• marcbrophy wrote: »
    But the reviews are already out!
    You're a terrible reviewer! :P

Jealous?
    No, I'm not jealous :D

Don't blame me! Blame Sony. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

what are Smyths like for delivery on release day? really want to play this friday night, but wouldn't make it to Jervis before 6pm

Just see in the PS Bargains thread this is in Smyths for €50 if you can't be bothered to go looking for games for the GS offer.

It says 54.99 on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It says 54.99 on the website

€50 was the price to preorder for in store collection, it has now gone up to €52.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

54.99 online and you save 3 quid in store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got my review code!!! Downloading as soon as I get home

What site are you with? Will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    What site are you with? Will check it out.

Yes, please share as I would also like to be able to verbally abuse you if I don't agree with your verdict.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see for some reason the Irish PSN store doesn't allow the purchase of the God of War Standard edition. If you want it, you need to buy the Deluxe edition, or buy it from the US store

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've watched 12 seconds of that and stopped. Don't think I want to know what he's going to say. Roll on Friday!!
    I see for some reason the Irish PSN store doesn't allow the purchase of the God of War Standard edition. If you want it, you need to buy the Deluxe edition, or buy it from the US store

I have a mate who bought it via the App but it's not showing in his library and still looking for payment in the Store. Could be something to do with it.

Seem to be getting the digital deluxe edition for the price the standard would be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Vicxas wrote: »
    54.99 online and you save 3 quid in store

i only ordered yesterday, they take €5 off when paying for it on preorder of the game, so €49.99 delivered from Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Thinking of booking Friday off to play this, what time will it be available to play from PSN ?

foobar wrote: »
    Thinking of booking Friday off to play this, what time will it be available to play from PSN ?

Either Midnight or 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

PSN pre-load has started today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

wes wrote: »
    PSN pre-load has started today.

To quote George Hamilton: "The excitement is palpable"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Traded in my copy of far cry 5 for 40 and bought just cause 3 and did the trade offer so it worked out essentially free :D

When the guy behind the counter saw me coming with the copy of Just Cause he said " You clearly know the trade in list well." :pac: I imagine they'll get a fair few copies over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Traded in my copy of far cry 5 for 40 and bought just cause 3 and did the trade offer so it worked out essentially free :D

When the guy behind the counter saw me coming with the copy of Just Cause he said " You clearly know the trade in list well." :pac: I imagine they'll get a fair few copies over the weekend.

Does anyone have the actual list handy?

Nevermind, found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Vicxas wrote: »
    Does anyone have the actual list handy?

Nevermind, found it.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers

That's it although it seems to change pretty regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭hangar18_

Got dispatch email from smyths should have it friday hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Got my dispatch email too.

Now to listen to this on repeat while im waiting for the postman

https://youtu.be/RnZQeWIzIOw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Trading in my pro for the SE. Does anyone know exactly what i have to bring with me tomorrow.

Console
    Power cable
    Controller
    Usb cable?
    Hdmi cable?
    2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

all downloaded ready to go, off tomorrow, giddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Just seen COD MWR is on that trade in list for gamestop. I've a copy gathering dust on a shelf so to get God of War for 20 quid with it is brilliant. Hopefully there'll be a few copies left come Saturday because that's the earliest I'll be able to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

was dispatched by Smyths yesterday, did anyone get it today ? I will be home at lunch time and todays post should be there by then

Advertisement