Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Siemens SPC 4320

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Thanks KoolKid. I have three sensors and one contact and where the builder joined the cable is buried behind the wall behind a fridge. I least when I rang him he told me he didn't join up all the wires so I know thats where the issue is. I'm gonna try and get to the cable without upsetting the paint work!

So got the wiring sorted last night. Just the Sabb to put up outside. I was hoping to get a Delta Bell but they didn't have it in stock on the day so I got a HKC. I notice there's a 2k2 resistor on the panel on the tamper return. Do I leave that as is and use the one in the siren (which is 4k7)?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Use the 2k2 resistor.

So glad I got the bell box up yesterday. Not a day for climbing ladder's!

Because I have a mixture of DEOL (downstairs) and non eol the engineers manual is not very clear on wiring the to the panel. I think that "C" is normally closed (trying to remember from FAS 17 years ago) so does that mean I can join the NC wire for T1 and T2 to C together for DEOL?
    Does Non eol (I have 2 zones upstairs like this due to lack of cable) connect to T3 and T4 with two cables to C. Wiring non eol wipes out the zones this way. In the new year I'll drop new cables to the windows and re wire DEOL. The panel is as follows
    T1
    C
    T2
    T3
    C
    T4
    T5
    C
    T6
    T7
    C
    T8

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The C is a common negative shared between the zone each side of it.
    So if you have 2 red and blacks for zone 1&2 wire the red for zone 1 into T1, the 2 blacks together into C and the red for zone 2 into T2.

• Advertisement

So I powered it up this evening and forgot to get TP links so I'll programme the system tomorrow all going well. Software installed is 3.4.5. Is there anything else I need installed on my laptop? Looks good so far.

I would upgrade all the way to 3-6-6.
    This will give you all the newer SPC Connect features.

Just did a bell test and notice my strobe did not activate. I have wired it up as per SPC manual rather than plug it into internal bell as would be the norm with HKC panel. I have it into +12v and NO sockets.
    Should.I revert to +/- Int bell for strobe?

Have you a link wired from - to c beside N/O?
    Also when you run bell tests strobe may be seperate.

No I don't.. So it should be linked as follows..
    + strobe to +12v
    - strobe to NO and link to common port -0v
    (Blue line should be going to 0v)

• Advertisement

Yes Blue link into 0v and green to strobe - at bell.

So I have registered with SPC Pro, downloaded the app to my phone but I cannot connect to the panel. I switched the home plugs to the DVR and tested them and they are working ok.
    I looked back through this thread and note that there should be an option for "Flex C" but I can't find it on my menu.

The ip address was set at 192.168.1.100
    Default Gateway of router is 192.168.1.1
    Subnet 255.255.255.0
    DNS 192.168.1.1

If I activate DHCP it move IP to 192.168.2.3
    Default Gateway to 192.168.2.1
    Subnet 255.255.255.0

Confused.com

Leave the panel with DHCP on.
    Register an account with SPC Connect.
    When registered goto add panel to account.
    Enter
    Panel ID (encryption key shown under FlexC)
    Username :User name assigned to alarm user code.
    Password :User Code for above user.

Download app Spc Connect
    Login to app using SPC Connect account credentials.

Finally got in via network this evening. Having trouble upgrading to 366. "Access is denied Manufacture access required (code 2057) "
    I'm in full engineer mode.

Uncheck Manufacturer Access in System Options. Also set grade at unrestricted for now.

Sorry haven't had a chance to get back to the thread. The panel is now connected to after I changed the settings as you suggested. I've updated firmware to 3.6.6 however SPC Pro is still V3.4.5 I also don't have a "Flex C" icon under communications. Read the manual and can't find the last piece to the jigsaw..

I'll PM you the latest SPC Pro.
    Personally ,I prefer to use the browser when upgrading. That way everything is always there.

That did the trick... Thanks KoolKID! Panel showing off line when in try to register Panel ID so its and IP issue my end. I'll let you know how I get on but very impressed with panel and attributes.

Do I change the ATS settings from www.spcconnect.com to my ip address?

bbability wrote: »

Do I change the ATS settings from www.spcconnect.com to my ip address?

No once the panel is connected & the ATS is showing up in in the communications settings that should be fine.
    Goto Communications>Ethernet & Enable DHCP & see if it assigns the settings.
    Next goto Status> FlexC and see if ATS Status shows OK
    If its not or it hangs on initializing goto File>Reset >System Restart & check again when the panel reconnects to the browser. (Bear in mind the IP address may change here with DHCP enabled)

Followed your instructions. Still not able to see panel on my spc connect account. I enabled DHCP and restarted panel. changed the IP at router to match New IP address. Just wondering if I have not opened the correct ports.

443 and 52000? Its trying to initialize but fails after period of time.

• Advertisement

It doesn't require any ports to be opened.
    Can you connect ok via local network?

I'm connecting to the panel from my laptop. I can upload and download config file to panel through SPC Pro. I can also control keypad from laptop via SPC Pro. Its just tell me SPC connectnis off line.

Are you using a direct connect lead between the panel & your laptop?
    But can you connect to your network & let the DHCP server assign its address etc and connect across the network via the web browser on the panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hello,

Just watching the thread here...how do update the firmware on my panel/controller, please !?
    I have Version: 3.4.5
    Thanks in advance.

Also, i have same HKC PIRs give, not sure if they are ok or not.
    Can another model be used and which ones are the best on the market these days ?
    Also, looking for advice on doors sensors and on window vibrations and breakage sensors as well.
    All above wired for now but I will look in to wireless as well if technology matures enough.

Another quick Q is if I have on primary port the GSM card can I use on the backup/secondary port a PSTN card ok. Will I have space to fit a wireless extender /adapter under the Primary Card !?

Regards

LE
    Found this thread here and the website here.
    Just need time to read and make decisions...

You can upgrade your firmware by connecting to the Web Browser on the panel. Goto settings, advanced, file. Browse to the firmware file on your pc and select.
    Any global PiRs will work. I personally like the Siemens ones.
    The system is designed that 2 diallers and the wireless card will all fit onto the pcb.

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can upgrade your firmware by connecting to the Web Browser on the panel. Goto settings, advanced, file. Browse to the firmware file on your pc and select.
    Any global PiRs will work. I personally like the Siemens ones.
    The system is designed that 2 diallers and the wireless card will all fit onto the pcb.

Great, thanks...

Now, should I contact Siemens for firmware or the supplier or I get it by registering on some portals.SPC asked me for some ID but I understood from the topic that need a minimum firmware version.
    Or, as above, you will be able and kind to share it, please !?

Regards

Another quick Q please.

I have the voice touch panel, is that supposed to reply back with vocal confirmation, when I do settings modifications ?
    Keypad Status
    Keypad 1 SKP 1
    Type SPCK52x Keypad
    S/N 379952XXX
    Firmware Version 1.00 [04FEB15]
    Voltage 13.4 V

Have you used the modems both at same time, GSM and PSTN ? Is worth investing in to both ?

thanks again.

LE
    Oaah...is not a alarm is a nice gadget "toy for the boys " , the good boys against the bad boys :)
    So many settings, so many options ... SO HIGHLY customisable !!!!
    guess is a lots of integrations with external modules and cards and sensors...

PPS
    KoolKid it's only your "fault" that I went for a Siemens as all my friends advised me to stay local with HKC !
    My friend that supposed to assist with install said that is not familiar with the system, so im on my own here...
    Thanks in advance for help, sorry to drive you and pest you for the next couple of days.

rolion wrote: »
    Great, thanks...

Now, should I contact Siemens for firmware or the supplier or I get it by registering on some portals.SPC asked me for some ID but I understood from the topic that need a minimum firmware version.
    Or, as above, you will be able and kind to share it, please !?

Regards

I will PM you the latest firmware . Upgrade to 3-6-0 first then onto 3-6-6
    Back up the config file before the first upgrade. Its a major upgrade of the entire browser etc.
    Another quick Q please.

I have the voice touch panel, is that supposed to reply back with vocal confirmation, when I do settings modifications ?
    Keypad Status
    Keypad 1 SKP 1
    Type SPCK52x Keypad
    S/N 379952XXX
    Firmware Version 1.00 [04FEB15]
    Voltage 13.4 V

This can be done via the file settings using SPC Pro.
    Have you used the modems both at same time, GSM and PSTN ? Is worth investing in to both ?
    I have installed both on many systems including my own.

You made the right decision with the system . You will find more & more features as you go.If that touch screen keypad is the 521 you can also lean in contactless back cards .

Still not able to connect to spc connect. Its defintley an IP or modem issue.I have a Vodafone HG658 which is not the greatest at the best of times. Can I just double check that there should be only one ATS configuration sequence on the ATS config screen. This shows up as Fault in status bar.
    I can connect to panel via SPC Pro locally
    I can't connect to SPC Connect locally

Its something small I know it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Is your router asigning settings for the panel?

Advertisement