Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Miami Dolphins Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

The playoff scenario I find strange is that if:

- Miami loses to Bills, defeats Jets
    - Baltimore - Defeat New England, lose to Bengals
    - Chargers defeat Oakland and Kansas City

Miami would make the playoffs, even though all three would finish on 9-7. The Chargers finishing 9-7 makes all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

TaosHum wrote: »
    The playoff scenario I find strange is that if:

- Miami loses to Bills, defeats Jets
    - Baltimore - Defeat New England, lose to Bengals
    - Chargers defeat Oakland and Kansas City

Miami would make the playoffs, even though all three would finish on 9-7. The Chargers finishing 9-7 makes all the difference.

Correct.....3-way ties are seperated on conference record....which Miami is currently 7-3, Baltimore is 6-4 and San Diego is 4-6....if they were to all finish 9-7, those would finish miami 8-4, Baltimore 7-5 and San Diego 6-6, giving Miami the tiebreaker.

Manuel ruled out of sunday's game.....Thad Lewis to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Manuel ruled out of sunday's game.....Thad Lewis to start.

Stop the run and we win so. Can't see Lewis putting up big numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Benimar wrote: »
    Stop the run and we win so. Can't see Lewis putting up big numbers.

From what I've seen of both with the Bills so far, Lewis is the better quarterback for me.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    From what I've seen of both with the Bills so far, Lewis is the better quarterback for me.

You could be right, for some reason I mixed up Lewis and Tuel.

Benimar wrote: »
    You could be right, for some reason I mixed up Lewis and Tuel.

Dolphins made Lewis look like a superstar on 3rd down the first time they met

Looking at the previous game, I think Miami would be happy with a similar defensive performance. The Bills struggled on the ground (only 90 total rushing yards) and Lewis only through for 200.

The offensive performance let the Fins down that day, with Tannehill's pick 6 making all the difference that day. Tannehill's performance that day was very ordinary. Also the O-Line was at its worst during this part of the season so he should get more time.

Basically Miami will want to contain the Bills on the ground and force Lewis to beat them. Meanwhile the offense will need Tannehill to continue his current form.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Looking at the previous game, I think Miami would be happy with a similar defensive performance. The Bills struggled on the ground (only 90 total rushing yards) and Lewis only through for 200.

The offensive performance let the Fins down that day, with Tannehill's pick 6 making all the difference that day. Tannehill's performance that day was very ordinary. Also the O-Line was at its worst during this part of the season so he should get more time.

Basically Miami will want to contain the Bills on the ground and force Lewis to beat them. Meanwhile the offense will need Tannehill to continue his current form.

Their numbers were below average for that game......the Dolphins just failed to stop the Bills on key plays

The Phins performance today

BcHedRZIYAA5tZ5.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Awful performance. Typical Phins, get our hopes up and then stink the joint out when they have a chance to achieve something.

I'm back in the 'fire everybody' zone tonight.

How can they do this to their fans.....all they had to do is beat Buffalo......now they've left us with no choice but to root for the Patriots......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭rosskeen

To be honest if they were to go to the playoffs and play like they did tonight then they'd be safer not going to the playoffs. I've no doubt they'll beat the Jets next weekend but I can't see it mattering now. Total shambles

ravens are well on their way to losing......fins win next week plus bengals win at home would still put them in

So with the Pats beating the Ravens and the Chargers beating the Raiders, Miami's chances of clinching a playoff spot are still alive.

On today's performance, not much more to say that has already been said.

I gotta say though, the Fins might be embarrassed by today's result, but the Ravens got humiliated. When you looked at Miami vs Buffalo, Buffalo had the edge on Miami in key areas going into the game. Miami have been weakest against the run and in pass protection. Buffalo exploited both of these weaknesses to great affect. Also playing in Buffalo in December is never easy and the conditions were poor today. IMO, this result as on the cards.

Psychologically, I'd much prefer to be in Miami's situation than the Ravens. Miami will be angry after that performance, especially not having scored and blowing a golden opportunity. I think having their final game in Miami and with a chance of playoffs alive, I can see the team responding against the most hated of divisional rivals. They will also be playing against a team and a QB they have beaten away from home, so they will be confident of doing it again.

For the Ravens, they just got humiliated against a team they have gotten the better of recently and with a chance of putting a foot in the playoffs. I think that loss tonight will really have knocked the players confidence. Harbaugh will have a massive job trying to rally this team and try to go into Cincinnati against a Bengals side still looking for a 1st round bye.

I'm notone to usually be positive, espcially after defeats, but if the coaching staff actually do their jobs and get a response out of this team, then I think a playoff spot will be their for them.

Back in the wildcard position.........go Patriots......ew.....I'm going to throw up

So the playoff scenario is pretty straightforward :D

Miami are in with win and San Diego win.......or win and Baltimore loss.

There's no situation where they could get in with a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Back in the wildcard position.........go Patriots......ew.....I'm going to throw up

Of course you're not going to throw up, I bet you felt all warm and fuzzy inside after saying that......:pac:

Of course you're not going to throw up, I bet you felt all warm and fuzzy inside after saying that......:pac:

Warm and fuzzy like the final stages or organ failure

30 minutes from everyone getting fired.

Cincy are doing their bit but we are being 'Typical Dolphin'.

• Advertisement

If they blow this then they all deserve to be chopped.

Thad Lewis and Geno Smith looking like putting the Fins out of the playoffs. Unbelievable.

Dumb call by Philbin.....only down by 1 score with 25 minutes left....not time to go for it on 4th down, especially in your own half of the field

Fins have scored 7 points in 8 quarters vs the Bills and Jets.

Says it all

they need to learn to beat bad teams......they're 5-2 against teams that were in playoff contention entering this week.....but terrible against eliminated teams

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Tannehill is not good enough and will never be good enough, he'd be a good back-up qb but not as your starter if you want to be alive post-season, just doesn't deliver when it counts

can't beat either bills or jets so don't deserve it

time for some dismissals and do not base the future of the franchise on Tannehill

they need to learn to beat bad teams......they're 5-2 against teams that were in playoff contention entering this week.....but terrible against eliminated teams

I don't mind the team getting beat by poor sides, as long as some effort was put in. Its the not showing up for the two biggest games of the season that is inexcusable.

7 points in 8 quarters of football is pathetic. Even against good sides.

P45's all around. Terrible, just terrible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

embarrassing, post-season on a plate and they screw it up against one of the most limited one-dimensional times out there and what's worse they didn't even go down fighting, barely threw a punch

the very defintion of gutless

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Jaysus christ lads, talk about a serious case of wtf? You were beaten by a team that's so bad, their HC was celebrating on the sideline like he was going to the Super Bowl. I never saw that result coming.

• Advertisement

Jaysus christ lads, talk about a serious case of wtf? You were beaten by a team that's so bad, their HC was celebrating on the sideline like he was going to the Super Bowl. I never saw that result coming.

Got out-coached and out-played two weeks running. Team melted under pressure and was unable to respond.

When Geno Smith and Thad Lewis are having their way with you, you know you have major issues.

Advertisement