Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jim Stynes Story

• 07-12-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭

Every Heart Beats True: The Jim Stynes Story
    Documentary celebrating the life of Jim Stynes, the Dublin-born sportsman who challenged himself to rise to the top of a sport he never grew up playing-Australian rules football

22:40 tonight on RTE 1 after Primetime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

That's why I already have a thread for it just below ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Inspirational and very emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Sorry i did not know how to delete it. I thought there would be more interest in the programme. A very interesting story and a fantastic footy player but the show never said how he is doing at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

dcr22B wrote: »
    That's why I already have a thread for it just below ;)

Jaysus it means Xavi might have to do a bit of modding in this forum for once instead of just posting Weagles propoganda :pac:

Incredibly emotional documentary, he's a true inspiration to anyone suffering from illness or problems.

As I've said on here before, how he isn't considered one of Ireland's greatest ever sportsmen by those who compile such lists is a disgrace, and its sad that it takes his illness and a Aussie made documentary for him to receive recognition for his achievements in his home country.

Jimmy, you're a true hero...keep fighting the good fight :)

Do you know how he is doing now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

what a show, what a guy.hope he can beat it.he is such an inspirational character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Inspirational and moving. A true giant of a man in every sense.

All the best in your battle, Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭baldbear

Great show. What a pure legend and inspiration to people. His work with the youth is amazing.

I saw Jim was in Indonesia in Oct getting smoke baths and doing other therapys that made him feel better. hope he's doing good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 the vicount

excellent show last night , very moving brought a tear to a grown man s eye . a true irish hero in every sense . dont think he even got a mention in irelands greatest sports stars of all time , back there a few mnths ago . talk about pure grit, determination an the will to never give up . something wrong if this man wouldnt inspire you .
    hope things going ok for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Jim is battling his illness still. He is now too weak to make or receive phone calls. Pray for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

I played gaelic with Jim back in the day in Ballyboden St Endas. Grew up near him in Rathfarnham and knew him before he went to Oz. The odd time I'd see him when he'd come back he'd be the same down to earth guy he always was. No big head...and he would have been entitled to be like that given his success down under. He is an inspiration in terms of how he is approaching his battle. We've all a lot to take from how he's approaching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

damn I missed it.

does anyone know if it is due to be repeated or if I could catch it anywhere else?

gar120 wrote: »
    damn I missed it.

does anyone know if it is due to be repeated or if I could catch it anywhere else?
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1086561 you can catch it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Boca

Just watched it on RTE player - fabulous documentary - a true inspiration and role model

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

I saw that programme. I had heard about him but knew nothing else about him till then. Truly one of our most successful sportsmen and most of us are unaware of his greatness. A truly wonderful human being............

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

gar120 wrote: »
    damn I missed it.

It's the little things.....

Never knew my little brother posted on boards until I stumbled across one of his posts in another thread and put two and two together. He would have posted this while painfully struggling with brain cancer to which he also sadly succumbed to six months ago.

RIP Gar & Jim Stynes

*Interesting last hour reading through his posts & even found a great pic of him diving in Oz :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Dice75 wrote: »
    It's the little things.....

Never knew my little brother posted on boards until I stumbled across one of his posts in another thread and put two and two together. He would have posted this while painfully struggling with brain cancer to which he also sadly succumbed to six months ago.

RIP Gar & Jim Stynes

*Interesting last hour reading through his posts & even found a great pic of him diving in Oz :)

good to see you could take some comfort out of seeing your brother himself seeing Stynes going through it and also being able to see his posts before he passed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Just watched this on youtube Jim seemed like a great guy a legend of the game. I followed this up watching another legend Ben Cousins such is life two super docos

Advertisement