Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All dublin boxing clubs-contacts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

This Map might help people find the actual Boxing Clubs address (instead of the club secretaries address :rolleyes: ).

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=216714620954102775927.00045b6cc7e4c41794497&msa=0&ll=53.285213,-6.147513&spn=0.000564,0.002411

I dont have every club in Dublin, just ones I have visited before.......if you know the address of a club not on the list please post it up here and I will add it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 markhayes

Hi All,

I am 37, never boxed, but experienced in taekwondo (Black belt) and other martial arts. I do plenty of boot camp/circuit style classes. I was thinking of taking up boxing. I think I would enjoy the up close sparring style and it would improve my feet (which are a bit heavy in sparring). I am sure my conditioning and fitness would benefit as well. I am based in Dublin mid week, up around santry. Any suggestions for a club? Am I mad to consider it? Any advise out there.

Cheers,

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

15 min drive, rush fight academy/rush boxing club-we train adults mon wed and Friday at 6.30 and spar most nights, good atmosphere and all welcome, go on site for details

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Simond888

Im 27 and I trained in boxing for a few years but had to stop because i work nights now and all the clubs train in the evenings. Does any know of any clubs that train in the day. i would be willing to join the club and fight for them but any club i have contacted only train in the evenings.

Any help would be great i really wanna get back into it and start sparring and maybe fighting again soon.
    Im looking for a club in Dublin - near city centre or south side if possible.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skavo

my 8 year old son is very interested in going a boxing club.Is he to young or is it a good time to get him started. We live in tallaght and would be greatful if anyone can recommend a good club for kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 susa023

Trinity Boys Boxing do classes in Clongriffin for kids and they also do the classes for men and women. Don't know the link but they are on facebook if you do a search you should find them

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ratzy

Its a big ask but do any clubs train during the summer?
    and train during the day?

moving up to dublin for the summer and i am working nights so can only train in daytime

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toitle

Hello all,
    I have just moved into Dublin,in the Grand Canal Dock area.
    I took up beginners boxing when I was in Kilkenny during the winter and I am looking to continue training.It's mainly for fitness but I would like to spar and fight once I have learned more.
    Are there any clubs in the area that you know of?
    Any advice is appreciated.
    Thank you

We train all year round and welcome adults and novices who want to compete or just get fit while learning boxing, training for adults is 5 days a week.

Timetable in my signature here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dlbohola

Hi I'm 22 and I've never done boxing but it's always something I wish I got into earlier. Would there be any place for a total beginner like me in a boxing club?

• Advertisement

Anyone know the location/time of Dunboyne bc? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ROXY BALBOA

Hi,

Just wondering does anybody know of any club or trainer that does classes for girls... put my name down for a charity box in June and want to try eliminate a KO in the first minute. Already train roughly 3/4 times a week wit footie but havnt a notion how to trow a punch!

The only club i could find was in Rush and im based in D.15 all help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭boxinginfo

cowzerp wrote:
    Dublin County Board

GOLDEN COBRA
    Patrick Hyland
    01 4624157 087 6523207

numbers are not in service anymore,anybody have a more recent number for the golden cobra boxing club,thanks.

boxinginfo wrote: »
    cowzerp wrote:
    Dublin County Board

GOLDEN COBRA
    Patrick Hyland
    01 4624157 087 6523207

numbers are not in service anymore,anybody have a more recent number for the golden cobra boxing club,thanks.

Paddy Hyland: 085-7545861.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭boxinginfo

MBC wrote: »
    boxinginfo wrote: »

Paddy Hyland: 085-7545861.

thanks man ill give him a buzz now ,hes a hard man to find .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

What age do you have to be to join boxing?

Tom Cruise wrote: »
    What age do you have to be to join boxing?

Start boxing at 11 so 10 usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 girlietwirl30

Hi
    I have been training the last year but i am looking for a new club done a bit of sparring and that but no fights yet. Is there an open for a women aged 32 for boxing ?? If so is there any clubs on the north side of dublin you may know of that would be able to take me on .
    Be great if you could help .

Hi
    I have been training the last year but i am looking for a new club done a bit of sparring and that but no fights yet. Is there an open for a women aged 32 for boxing ?? If so is there any clubs on the north side of dublin you may know of that would be able to take me on .
    Be great if you could help .

2 posts up, thats Rush Boxing club-Ladies only classes or regular ones which are for men and women-if ya want to spar ya can..pm me if ya need to ask anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 armstrongr07

Hi, Im looking to get into boxing. IM 27 with a rugby background living in Rathmines. Are there any clubs near me? Do UCD accept past students or do you have to be studying there at present to join?

Looking for a contact or a local club. If anyone can help me find a club I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

Does the 15b go to ballyboden? bit of a trek but good club and is open to newcomers of all ages, there doing white collar boxing as well if your looking to do that as a taster

• Registered Users Posts: 19 celtic123

Looking to join a boxing club city centre or navan road area.Im 25 and just looking to get fit I used to be really fit playing county football at underage level.Is it to late to join at this age cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alejandro garcia seco

Hi folks,

I arrived Dublin 4 months ago. I'm a Spanish guy aged 26 who has been boxing since 3/4 years ago and I'm really looking forward to keep training, I need it! I have never been in competitions before, mostly I'm interested in training and perhaps some sparring.

Since I arrived, I've been looking for a boxing gym around the zone I'm living in (close to Connolly station, city centre). I'm currently in contact with the Smithfield's boxing club. At the same time, I know there is (or was) a boxing club in Seville Place Street, but haven't been able to contact anybody there. Could anybody help me to find a decent boxing club that meets my requirements and could be interested on my profile?

Thanks.

Thanks a lot.

I already knew about that map and contacts, but I was trying to contact by calling some phones and either the number was no longer available or I never was answered :confused: Do you know it the contacts and boxing club are regularly updated on the map?

Regards.

Thanks a lot.

I already knew about that map and contacts, but I was trying to contact by calling some phones and either the number was no longer available or I never was answered :confused: Do you know it the contacts and boxing club are regularly updated on the map?

Regards.

What club do you need a contact number for?

What club do you need a contact number for?

I would like to contact with those clubs that are in the city center or close, for example:

DIT Boxing, at Bishop Street, Dublin 2
    Dublin Docklands Boxing Club, Seville Place, Dublin 1
    Corinthians Boxing Club, Buckingham Street, Dublin 1
    St.Saviours Boxing Club, Dorset Street, Dublin 1
    Phibsboro Boxing Club, Dublin 1
    Avona Boxing Club

Do you know if those clubs are in the same place than the map sais? I tried to go to a pair, one was always closed (Docklands Boxing Club) and I wasn´t able to finde the other (Corinthians).

Thank you.

Regards.

I would like to contact with those clubs that are in the city center or close, for example:

DIT Boxing, at Bishop Street, Dublin 2
    Dublin Docklands Boxing Club, Seville Place, Dublin 1
    Corinthians Boxing Club, Buckingham Street, Dublin 1
    St.Saviours Boxing Club, Dorset Street, Dublin 1
    Phibsboro Boxing Club, Dublin 1
    Avona Boxing Club

Do you know if those clubs are in the same place than the map sais? I tried to go to a pair, one was always closed (Docklands Boxing Club) and I wasn´t able to finde the other (Corinthians).

Thank you.

Regards.

Yes they are all where the map says.....most clubs only open on weeknights....try calling these numbers:

Dublin Docklands Boxing Club, Seville Place, Dublin 1 - 0870505499
    Corinthians Boxing Club, Buckingham Street, Dublin 1 - 0872633188

Cheers

• Advertisement

Thanks very much MBC!!

I will call the phones you have posted this evening.

Cheers.

Advertisement