Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

el tonto wrote:
    They're grand. Used them for about six months at this stage and they haven't broken or lost any bottles. Bottles do get a bit scuffed up in them though.

I'll go ahead and get them then, I've yet to find a cage that doesn't scuff the bottles anyway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

mloc123 wrote:
    I've yet to find a cage that doesn't scuff the bottles anyway.

Yeah, most of the time I think it's road grit that gets stuck to them that causes the scuffing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 blacka01

Here is my current dreambike, I come over all funny every time I look at this pic:

de%20roas%20idol%20white.jpg

Unfortunately I currently own a Trek 5.2 Madone - boring! Perfectly good bike but so common, the Ford Mondeo of bikes.

I also have a Santa Cruz Superlight for off road duties.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The Idol's pretty sweet looking alright. I've yet to be sold on those integrated seatposts though. Would really mess with the resale value. Then again, if you've enough cash to splash out on something like that, you probably wouldn't care too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I'm a huge De Rosa fan and am looking forward to the day when I can justify having one long term. Just before Christmas last I bought a 2005 De Rosa King X-Lite on e-bay for £950. It was the bargain of the century as the frame and forks originally retailed at ~£2,000 and this one had a full Dura-Ace group set (£650) and Ksyrium SL wheels (£500?). Before I even had it delivered I had a buyer lined up and so I managed to sell it on for a £1000 stg profit with zero effort on my part:) Even though the bike was stunning I simply couldn't turn down the money from the sale. The amazing thing is, I've since seen other used King X-Lite and lesser De Rosa frames (Merak, Dual etc) for sale at way more than I paid for the complete bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

Not an image of beauty, by any means, but its my daily cycling bread. Its an on-one il pompino. It may not look as cool as some fixies, but I like it. Dream fixie would be a EAI Bareknuckle or a Surly Steamroller. I also have a old Mercian frame in good nick which I'm building up as a 'conventional' road bike using classic retro components. More soon...

my bike 002.jpg
    my bike 001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I see yours has mudguards. It's amazing how many don't, isn't it? I mean, fair enough if you live in California, but in our poxy climate? I would have thought a rear mudguard was the minimum required not to end up with a sodden back every time the roads are wet.
    Itsfixed wrote:
    Not an image of beauty, by any means, but its my daily cycling bread. Its an on-one il pompino. It may not look as cool as some fixies, but I like it. Dream fixie would be a EAI Bareknuckle or a Surly Steamroller. I also have a old Mercian frame in good nick which I'm building up as a 'conventional' road bike using classic retro components. More soon...

my bike 002.jpg
    my bike 001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭pan

Here's my baby..
    It's got mostly Ultegra groupset.
    It's a shame I mostly only use for commuting :(

pan wrote:
    Here's my baby..
    It's got mostly Ultegra groupset.
    It's a shame I mostly only use for commuting :(

Carbon frame with Ultegra for commuting? Boy, you really know how to spoil yourself;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭theo4130

here is my current road bike, a standard giant ocr2 but i now have a panaracer duro 2 tire on the back, and look pedals. i have a fuji track bike aswell, exhilarating on the roads. i like crashoveroids litespeed pavia, i was close to buying a scaer auralias but saving for college is overly important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

just got my new frame, cant wait to get it fully kitted out.

STA70306.jpg

STA70305.jpg

finished project coming soon

Sweet. What are you building it up with?

it will have a full ultegra group set, mavic ksyrium equipe wheels, just got my stem and handlebars today (cant remember make) and im going to use my Bontrager saddel and stem from my trek 1000, until i can afford my selle italia slr gel flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

How much did the frame set ya back Eagle?

it cost me €1300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Itsfixed wrote:

my bike 002.jpg
    my bike 001.jpg

Very nice altoghether!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Biking in Whistler last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Simona1986 wrote:
    Yeah, baby! Congratulations!

And mine Cocaine is here:
    493683114_79b6a4edb4.jpg

just got the groupset on last night. Still have to put the new stem and handelbars on (didnt have any bar tape for new ones so used the old ones). Think i might change my tyres the armildo's a bit heavy

bike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Simona1986 wrote:

greast pics man! got more, thinking of heading there next summer!

• Advertisement

I've a few more alright, didn't manage to take many of the trails themselves as I never wanted to stop while on them. If you get any chance to go whatsoever go for it, it is absolutely amazing. Here's a few more anyway, they're not great because their from a cameraphone.

Last ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

That looks amazing! And the weather looks good.
    Good for you!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

E@gle. wrote:
    just got my new frame, cant wait to get it fully kitted out.

finished project coming soon

never mind the carbon, dude where did u pick up the old skool bed linen???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

It looks like you got laid at the bunny ranch :D

here's my main bike, until I get a proper pic..

06allezexpert2_lg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

copacetic wrote:
    here's my main bike, until I get a proper pic..

06allezexpert2_lg.jpg

I like the seatpost design:) ,Why are specialized rounding crossbars on some frames now ?

I prefer your frame tbh ?

_Brian_ wrote:
    I like the seatpost design:) ,Why are specialized rounding crossbars on some frames now ?

I prefer your frame tbh ?

I actually like the way it looks but the wedge design doesn't seem great for keeping the post in place, it slips a bit and marks the carbon seatpost a bit too.

copacetic wrote:
    never mind the carbon, dude where did u pick up the old skool bed linen???

i was waiting for a comment on that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

bikes_kona_2k2_chute.jpg
    allez-elite.jpg
    Flyer_72dpi1.gif

Advertisement