Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chartered Accountants - FAE PEC report or competency statement

Options
  • 11-10-2020 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the 2019/20 FAE Pec report or competency statement?

I need to decide on what elective to pick this week and chartered pulled them down from their site while they are updating.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

here you go, best of luck in it.

I recommend Advisory if you have any general business modules/ degree from your bachelors.

Public Service to me seems a bit too UK-focused, or at least it was when I was deciding in electives this time last year. Good pass rates though this year (small numbers)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

a_v525 wrote: »
    here you go, best of luck in it.

I recommend Advisory if you have any general business modules/ degree from your bachelors.

Public Service to me seems a bit too UK-focused, or at least it was when I was deciding in electives this time last year. Good pass rates though this year (small numbers)

Thanks very much for that, degree was straight accountancy so very little general business in it, kind of leaning to tax I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

The Chartered website had introductory videos up this week explaining the electives. Decided to go with advisory myself

The Chartered website had introductory videos up this week explaining the electives. Decided to go with advisory myself

Went for tax in the end myself. Best of luck with the exams nearly there!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Can you send a link to the introductory videos? Can't seem to find them on the website. I'm contemplating doing the Audit elective this year in order to obtain an audit cert. I completed the first set of the new FAE syllabus in 2010 but choose the tax elective at the time!!

• Advertisement

Can you send a link to the introductory videos? Can't seem to find them on the website. I'm contemplating doing the Audit elective this year in order to obtain an audit cert. I completed the first set of the new FAE syllabus in 2010 but choose the tax elective at the time!!

You will find them here: https://www.charteredaccountants.ie/Current-Student/Courses-Information/fae-elective-information

Take it your going back to get the responsible person designation?

sharky86 wrote: »
    You will find them here: https://www.charteredaccountants.ie/Current-Student/Courses-Information/fae-elective-information

Take it your going back to get the responsible person designation?

Perfect thanks for that. Ya, I'm going back to get the RI designation. Not sure if many people have done it yet (after qualifying with a different elective) but was thinking I'd give it a shot this year. Might be a bit more manageable with the course delivered online as I am based down the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Perfect thanks for that. Ya, I'm going back to get the RI designation. Not sure if many people have done it yet (after qualifying with a different elective) but was thinking I'd give it a shot this year. Might be a bit more manageable with the course delivered online as I am based down the country.

Have you information on how to do this? It would be brilliant if you could share this.

davindub wrote: »
    Have you information on how to do this? It would be brilliant if you could share this.

I emailed the student section of the institute and they sent me back an application form for signing up to the elective. The cost is €1,100. I can pm the application form if you want. The deadline for signing up is 5th December. Think you also need a certain amount of post qualification audit experience in order to get an audit cert.

I emailed the student section of the institute and they sent me back an application form for signing up to the elective. The cost is €1,100. I can pm the application form if you want. The deadline for signing up is 5th December. Think you also need a certain amount of post qualification audit experience in order to get an audit cert.

Yes please, send it on.

I am in a different position, I qualified with the audit elective but without the required experience in audit and under a auditor.

I was told it was not possible to make up the experience after qualifying, so interested...

• Advertisement

davindub wrote: »
    Yes please, send it on.

I am in a different position, I qualified with the audit elective but without the required experience in audit and under a auditor.

I was told it was not possible to make up the experience after qualifying, so interested...

I have a document that I received from the Institute a few years ago when I queried it and it states you can obtain the experience post qualification but you have to apply directly to the Institute for it. I remember a manager in the firm that I trained in going down this route who subsequently got his audit cert after going through the process.

Will pm the document to you (file too large to add as attachment here)

I have a document that I received from the Institute a few years ago when I queried it and it states you can obtain the experience post qualification but you have to apply directly to the Institute for it. I remember a manager in the firm that I trained in going down this route who subsequently got his audit cert after going through the process.

Will pm the document to you (file too large to add as attachment here)

Couldn't attach it in pm either but reckon I've got the size down here. I can email it if you still can't access it here.

Couldn't attach it in pm either but reckon I've got the size down here. I can email it if you still can't access it here.

That is brilliant thank you very much!

And best of luck in your audit exam.

Advertisement