Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

rafi bomb wrote: »
    No email for me :eek::eek:

I should stop reading this thread and live oblivious and not get worked up over something small ha

If you are using outlook web app my email went into ‘other’ folder instead of ‘focused’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Ah it's already posted (MS email)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I haven't received it yet either, not in any of my mail folders..

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

String wrote: »
    If you are using outlook web app my email went into ‘other’ folder instead of ‘focused’

On Gmail, nothing in any of the other folders. Just hope its email batches or something

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Still nothing from GameStop despite ordering the day it became available and fully paid off I threw them an email to support yesterday got generic response hopefully it's a blip or my local store hadn't updated the systems or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 RB3anz

scottigael wrote: »
    Still nothing from GameStop despite ordering the day it became available and fully paid off I threw them an email to support yesterday got generic response hopefully it's a blip or my local store hadn't updated the systems or something

In the same boat here, was really hoping for an email before the weekend. At this stage I'd be happy to be in the second wave of consoles from GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Got the same. Doubt I'll get it on launch day though, it's coming from Poland. Need to re do my address too, missing a letter from eircode. Don't want to give them any reason not to deliver.

Why do people think it will be delayed becaue it's allegedly coming from Poland which is not that far away anyyay?

Do you now think they know how to do this?

You can still go online and amend the order as they mentioned in the email.

Question for people who got the email. Do u have the money in ur account for it? I am just wondering if they did a pre check and only sent to people who didn't have it or something

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

fifth wrote: »
    I haven't received it yet either, not in any of my mail folders..

They probably hired the Currys guy, sending them out one by one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Question for people who got the email. Do u have the money in ur account for it? I am just wondering if they did a pre check and only sent to people who didn't have it or something
    I have the money in my bank account and got the email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why do people think it will be delayed becaue it's allegedly coming from Poland which is not that far away anyyay?

Do you now think they know how to do this?

You can still go online and amend the order as they mentioned in the email.

i think this person may have ordered on the polish site

mine is going to push me over the 23000 points rewards barrier so going to use the 25 quid voucher for a new shock blue controller

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

Got the MS email too, I managed to get my pre order in at 8.30 AM on the day if that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I wonder if my accessories will arrive at the same time. I ordered the console first in its own order. Then I ordered the accessories afterwards.

No big deal either way I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I remember the One console showing up on launch day direct from MS, but an additional controller, play charge kit and even a couple games were the next day.

Could have just been an oversight back then, but its also not impossible that the consoles are being handled individually with suitable shipping boxes etc, due to the sheer amount of orders so could go either way.
    Accessories this time have the same Nov 10th date, bar the Seagate Expansion which is the 12th in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Does the console have a date or is it still "pending"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Derek.. wrote: »
    Got the MS email too, I managed to get my pre order in at 8.30 AM on the day if that matters

Ordered around same time but no email here. Might be sending in batches

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

They've been 'pending' for a few weeks now for most people IIRC, accessories haven't changed though.
    No pending charges as of yet, but I'd imagine that'll happen over the next week for most people given the comms today.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Mine is ready for collection at 8:10am launch day in gamestop.

[QUOTE=recyclops;115110026]i think this person may have ordered on the polish site

mine is going to push me over the 23000 points rewards barrier so going to use the 25 quid voucher for a new shock blue controller[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I never thought of that. I remember now that some people pre-ordered from Poland.

You never know though, that's just a website rather than a physical warehouse. Depends on their logistics.

I really hope no email doesnt mean no day 1 pre order or even wave 1.

I had my pre order done by 8:15 am and everyone I know was later but got the email today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

I know this is pie in the sky thinking, but i'd love a standard post/courier delivery option from Gamestop (mine's ordered from a closed store, so it's the only way it's happening from what I can gather)

An old man can dream, dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

On Gmail, nothing in any of the other folders. Just hope its email batches or something

Search for Microsoft in your Gmail account i couldn't see it until i did that.

Search for Microsoft in your Gmail account i couldn't see it until i did that.

Yea nothing there either but thanks.

On to customer service at the minute to see if they can shed any light

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Let me know how you get on with them if you wouldn't mind. I searched Gmail and no email either. Order is still fine on the website though

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Can you update us on this, please? I'm in the same boat, no email yet and I pre-ordered on the 22nd.

Ok not sure how much of a help this will be but

Upon checking your account, it seems that your pre-order was pushed through on 22nd of September. Just a heads up that it will be 10 days before the release date that your card VISA xxxxxx will be charge for the console. The estimated arrival is 10th of November.

*is on

So should I not be worried I did not get the email like everyone else today?

Yes. Don't worry, it may seem that you didn't received an email due to some delay in our server. However, I can 100% confirm that your order has been placed and the console will be surely delivered to you. You may check the details of your transactions once you sign in to your Microsoft account and go to Payment & Billing, then select Order History. You may also just use this link: [

Don't think this has been mentioned.

News coming out of Xbox having exclusive access to AMD's RDNA 2 architecture.

Link

This apparently will really make Xbox more powerful than PS5 and when developers get to use it that it will be a major advantage for Xbox.

If you notice that Sony don't really talk about the spec a lot apart from the SSD speed but it looks like Xbox will definitely be the more powerful console.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Link

This apparently will really make Xbox more powerful than PS5 and when developers get to use it that it will be a major advantage for Xbox.

If you notice that Sony don't really talk about the spec a lot apart from the SSD speed but it looks like Xbox will definitely be the more powerful console.

Yeah, I saw this, but other than bragging rights, I don't think that it'll matter too much. Sony have gone the route of basically building custom versions of most of the spec, so they'll have feature parity, or at least something close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Got my MS email earlier too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Link

That’s not what it means at all. RDNA2 is the name of the GPU architecture, both of the next gen consoles have GPUs on the RDNA2 architecture and the newly revealed 6800, 6800XT and 6900XT GPUs by AMD are also based on this architecture - also called Big Navi.

When Xbox says they have FULL RDNA2, they mean that every AMD RDNA2 feature has been included in their Series X GPU, whereas PS5 does not have all of them. This is primarily because Sony decided that they did not need some of them. For example, they don’t need RDNA2’s storage/SSD related tech because they have their own custom SSD/IO tech - so why would they put in the RDNA2 one at extra cost?

This blog post is essentially Xbox trying to sound like there’s something special going on here but in reality, both GPUs are using RDNA2 - Sony just trimmed some fat that they didn’t want. And I say this as somebody getting both consoles, who will be buying most third party games on the Series X myself.

Advertisement