Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Argos UK have oversold so will be hanging onto the Irish stock also from what I have heard. To be honest, even if they did get any , it likely to be around 5-10 per store which will all go to staff/family/friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kanyewesht

Apologies if this has been asked but I’ve looked through the last few pages of the thread since people have started getting emails and didn’t see it.

Has anyone who pre ordered online on the evening the pre orders went live got any indication from GameStop as to whether they will be getting one at launch? I’ve emailed them and they said they can’t tell me yet, gotten no email from them stating if I have one guaranteed either. I have a shipment number on the order page but don’t even know if that means anything at this stage, seems an awful mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Kanyewesht wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked but I’ve looked through the last few pages of the thread since people have started getting emails and didn’t see it.

Has anyone who pre ordered online on the evening the pre orders went live got any indication from GameStop as to whether they will be getting one at launch? I’ve emailed them and they said they can’t tell me yet, gotten no email from them stating if I have one guaranteed either. I have a shipment number on the order page but don’t even know if that means anything at this stage, seems an awful mess.

The actual online preorders only lasted 20 mins after that was join the queue.

I got two orders in in those 20 mins and have been confirmed for launch day for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Ordered digital online from Gamestop as soon as they went up.
    Launch allocation confirmation yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kanyewesht

dan786 wrote: »
    The actual online preorders only lasted 20 mins after that was join the queue.

I got two orders in in those 20 mins and have been confirmed for launch day for both.

Ya I was lucky to be online and see they’d gone up without anyone being told seemingly.

I’ve a digital edition pre ordered so hopefully it means I have one, will just wait and see do I get an email.

Cheers for reply’s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Berty wrote: »
    I don't think so. Hundreds maybe but spread across many counties. I doubt my own store is getting very many to have major queues. I think we had our fill of queue victimising months back with pictures of queues at B&Q, Penneys and Woodies etc making the news.

Don't see it happening much again, people want shops open from what I see and hear.

Sorry wasn’t being negative, about the large queues outside retail, unfortunately I think that will be a normal sight until the end of the year with the current setup

I was referring to Garda checking in on any large crowds gathering in places

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm hoping GS come up with an allotment system for collections, the store itself won't be open so no reason for anyone who doesn't have a pre-order to queue, and hopefully will be properly signposted so people don't queue in the hope of maybe getting one. Re: allotment system, tell person to be there between 9-9.10 and they will get a call to come to the door. Makes more sense to me anyway, and if left to the stores to organise, shouldn't be a big problem. I'd make a list in about 20 minutes, and start ringing people asap to let them know their allotment time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Problem with that is people like myself would only be able to collect at lunch or after work.

Didn't think of that (I work nights). Will be interesting to see how they do it now.

I plan on going to Smyths at lunch. Hopefully won't be busy at that time. I don't expect loads at that time for PS5, but there's always Christmas present shopping.

• Advertisement

Shouldn't be many at all Castor, is it not closed and only open for C&C?

Yeah but even last Friday I was down to collect something at about 6:30 and there was 1 person in front and a couple behind me. So closer we get to Christmas, the busier it'll be. And Black Friday sales will be starting around then as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Reminder to those PSVR owners who are preordereing a PS5.

Don't forget to register for your free camera adapter here: https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en-ie

(note this is different to the US website)

The PSVR will not work out of the box with PS5.
    You cannot use the PS5 camera with PSVR, you need the PS4 Camera and an adapter which all PSVR owners can get for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

3DataModem wrote: »
    Reminder to those PSVR owners who are preordereing a PS5.

Don't forget to register for your free camera adapter here: https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en-ie

(note this is different to the US website)

The PSVR will not work out of the box with PS5.
    You cannot use the PS5 camera with PSVR, you need the PS4 Camera and an adapter which all PSVR owners can get for free.

Thanks for reminding me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

One of the lads who is overseas at the minute, his missus 'pre ordered' in GS on 8th Sept. She was told in store that he would have one for launch numerous times. Got the email the other day to say he wouldnt have one on launch. I had been warning him for weeks that he would be f*cked over by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kybalion7

Has anyone that ordered in store around the same time as me heard anything?

So I paid the full amount in the 28th of august in the liffey street store and havent heard a peep. No texts/emails/calls and I'm just getting the copy paste email response from support.

Is there no number we can call?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

kybalion7 wrote: »

So I paid the full amount in the 28th of august in the liffey street store and havent heard a peep. No texts/emails/calls and I'm just getting the copy paste email response from support.

When did you order?
    The time you paid it off is irrelevant

bennyl10 wrote: »
    When did you order?
    The time you paid it off is irrelevant

August 28th. I honestly dont mind even if they tell me its next year. Just hoping to hear anything at all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I got mine in GS confirmed. Ordered instore 04/07.

Phone the store you ordered in. I was not allocated one through email or text. There seems to be an IT issue on some accounts but shops are getting lists sent to them from head office with allocations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I got mine in GS confirmed. Ordered instore 04/07.

Phone the store you ordered in. I was not allocated one through email or text. There seems to be an IT issue on some accounts but shops are getting lists sent to them from head office with allocations.

Can you even phone the closed stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

kybalion7 wrote: »

I ordered on August 18th and am confirmed for launch allocation. I ordered in the Galway store though. Hope you get good news soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

probably doesn't help anyone at this point but I preordered the 10th of Feb in Dundrum for a disk version and got confirmation for launch

ussjtrunks wrote: »

Dont think so. I've tried a few times and no answer. Their general support number just has a message saying to email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

ussjtrunks wrote: »

Mine is open for click and collect. Took a few goes to get through though.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

Anyone get any information from GS on how to get refunds for preorders that were placed in store? Have emailed them but got the most useless set of FAQs back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

An update from parcel motel

Very large items not accepted over the Christmas period and fee is increased temporarily
    Important information about price and size changes

Hi,

With the holiday season around the corner, the number of parcels moving through our network will grow exponentially over the coming months. During this busy period, we strive to provide our customers with the reliable and timely service they have come to expect from Parcel Motel.

We continue to maximize the efficiency of our business processes in order ensure that our prices remain among the most competitive in the market. Our focus has always been on providing excellent value and we have work diligently to offer the same prices to our customers since 2013.

As always our highest priority is to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers while meeting our service commitments. The surge in online shopping due to the pandemic coupled with the busy holiday shopping season will necessitate that we invest more in workspace in order to properly service our business, ensure social distancing and maintain the safety and wellbeing of our people throughout the peak season.

Please be advised therefore, that effective from 4th November until 31 December 2020, when collecting a parcel a peak season surcharge will be applied to the base price, changing the price from €3.95 to €4.50. All other prices will remain the same.

During this time, we can no longer process very large items measuring more than

95 X 48 X 55cm (roughly the size of a wheelie bin) and such items will not be accepted in our receiving centres in Newtownabbey or Dublin.

Our priority is to continue providing the best possible service to our customers during the season. We value your business and look forward to delivering your shopping this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

parcel wizard offer a better service imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Cian59 wrote: »
    Anyone get any information from GS on how to get refunds for preorders that were placed in store? Have emailed them but got the most useless set of FAQs back.

Probably have to get it instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Anybody with a ps5 preordered in a gamestop open for click and collect. They rang me today regarding my xbox and gave me a time slot to pick up. Asked about my ps5 preorder and they will be in touch soon. You can also order games or extras over the phone and they will add it to your bag for collection. I got 8:10 am for the xbox which suits me but you can get times that suits you. My consoles were both paid off so no idea how yous pay the remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

eamo22 wrote: »
    Anybody with a ps5 preordered in a gamestop open for click and collect. They rang me today regarding my xbox and gave me a time slot to pick up. Asked about my ps5 preorder and they will be in touch soon. You can also order games or extras over the phone and they will add it to your bag for collection. I got 8:10 am for the xbox which suits me but you can get times that suits you. My consoles were both paid off so no idea how yous pay the remaining.
    They probably tell you and take payment with bank card I would guess.

Advertisement