Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

• 01-11-2019 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭

Still on the fence about coming back, but this looks quite interesting.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Feature light it seems, but maybe they are focusing on fixing what's there already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I'm really excited about it! I came back to WoW about 5 months ago after 4 years off and I'm really enjoying BfA, even though I know it hasn't been everyone's cup of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

BFA has been really enjoyable for me. Shadowlands launching late September so really looking forward to that as well.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    BFA has been really enjoyable for me. Shadowlands launching late September so really looking forward to that as well.

Launch date is October 26th at 11pm Irish time. The pre-patch should be the end of September.

I've booked the day after launch off from work to play. I'll probably regret it though when the servers get crowded and I can't log on! I'm really looking forward to it

The last expansion I played at launch was Warlords of Draenor and I don't remember having too many problems logging on so hopefully it'll be grand

Woshy wrote: »
    Launch date is October 26th at 11pm Irish time. The pre-patch should be the end of September.

I've booked the day after launch off from work to play. I'll probably regret it though when the servers get crowded and I can't log on! I'm really looking forward to it

The last expansion I played at launch was Warlords of Draenor and I don't remember having too many problems logging on so hopefully it'll be grand

Sorry, that was a typo. Meant October!

Yeah this will be the first one I'll actually play from the start since Pandaria, which I really enjoyed. Gave most of Warlords a pass, and didn't play during Legion at all really. I'm not really an endgame player so most of what I've seen in BFA has been great. The questlines are really cool and the war campaign was great, I thought.

Seems that there's quite a few class changes coming in Shadowlands. Also interested to see how the levelling works - level cap is moving to 50 and when levelling a new toon, you pick an expansion to level in. Really looking forward to that.

• Advertisement

Me too. I have an alt I've been levelling but am holding off now until the pre-patch.

I don't really do a huge amount of end game stuff either so also enjoyed BFA. I stopped playing a bit into Warlords (I had two babies in quick succession!), missed Legion entirely and came back a year into BFA.

My 7 year old really likes WoW now too so for the first time I'll have an audience when playing a new expansion I think. He plays (with parental controls and supervision) and has a 110 character but we wouldn't buy the new expansion for him but he's going to want to see what it's all about. My husband plays too so it's turning into a fun family thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

resubed getting ready for prepatch cleared out the bank sold most of my matts before they go worthless before shadowlands got a nice 70k out of it hehehe. Not sure which to main going into SL, i usually play boomkin/tank druid. Considering rogue for a change of pace.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    resubed getting ready for prepatch cleared out the bank sold most of my matts before they go worthless before shadowlands got a nice 70k out of it hehehe. Not sure which to main going into SL, i usually play boomkin/tank druid. Considering rogue for a change of pace.

Welcome back! I can't get into the druid at all. I have 5 max level characters (including a druid that I boosted) but I main ret paladin and will keep doing that I think. My husband has had a rogue as a main but recently got into his demon hunter - he's just really enjoying it.

I found out over the weekend that our holiday we already postponed twice and was now supposed to be in January has been postponed again (flight cancellations). So I've cancelled the leave I had booked for that and will take a week off in October for Shadowlands instead - that week coincides with the kids mid-term break which is good I'll have time with them but also means no peace to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

Shadowlands launches 24th Nov 2020.

I've gotten a fair few classes to 50 (new max lvl) over the last week, in prep for Shadowlands. Not sure yet what my new main will be, and torn between my Paladin (as it's been my character since day 1), Hunter and Druid.

• Advertisement

Time to resub and get ready I guess. Not like there much else to do with my spare time:(

Currently experiencing the Legion zones for the first time which is great. They're really nice - the questing is very smooth there, similar to BFA. Really liking this new levelling system they've added!

Hate going back into WOW after a long break, always forget my rotations, etc and have to relearn. Its hard to believe that if the 16th Anniversary of WOW. I remember when it was first released I was completely blown away by the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Glebee wrote: »
    Hate going back into WOW after a long break, always forget my rotations, etc and have to relearn. Its hard to believe that if the 16th Anniversary of WOW. I remember when it was first released I was completely blown away by the game.

No game left such an impression on me as much as wow back then.
    Mind blown like yourself.

Walking into the big cavern in the Deadmines for the first time was something really special. Proper wow moment, no pun intended.

No matter what they try to do, nothing will ever recreate those first weeks playing wow,

Ill probably jump in as i do with every expansion , this time as with the last time i will be avoiding raids as i cannot commit to one sitting of x amount of hours regularly to do it properly so im hoping casual content will keep me playing longer this time round.

That Scourge event was pretty short but fun nonetheless. Had forgotten what a great zone Icecrown is!

Have to use up a days AL from work before Christmas. Think I might take Wednesday off and get stuck in...

Glebee wrote: »
    Have to use up a days AL from work before Christmas. Think I might take Wednesday off and get stuck in...

Don't you mean tomorrow? Launches at 11pm tonight.

991869.jpg

Though not playing on launch night is never a bad idea.

• Advertisement

Have to work tomorrow. What sort of a fool arranges meetings for launch day. ( i arranged the meetings) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Kiith wrote: »
    Don't you mean tomorrow? Launches at 11pm tonight.

Though not playing on launch night is never a bad idea.

Yeah im not expecting the servers to hold tonight at all, or tomorrow for that matter. The servers have been ropey for awhile now, so i very much doubt things will go smoothly, especially since theres already lag on the servers :(

Already pretty laggy, so i expect a pretty rough few hours. Won't bother myself, but will play a few hours tomorrow during work.

Kiith wrote: »
    Already pretty laggy, so i expect a pretty rough few hours. Won't bother myself, but will play a few hours tomorrow during work.

I like your style:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

PC is still busted so wont be playing this until early next year. Will have to live vicariously through you guys.

Got an hour or two done this morning, and the new zones look good. Think i'll restart on one of my other classes though, as i'm not sure i want to level the Paladin. Would be the first time not getting my Pally to max first though, so feels weird :P Warlock or Hunter probably.

Remember to log in all your characters briefly, to start the rested XP.

As always i avoided the initial hours of launch, got in now and its butter smooth.
    I spent the weekend getting 8 toons shadowlands ready, 4@ lvl 50 4@ lvl 48.
    Starting off with sub rogue as its a total blast to play but im very torn between it and marksman hunter which is also great fun to play.
    One of these will probably be my main,.
    If i bother to lvl up anymore it will most likely be ret paladin or shadow priest [although i mained priest for too many years] but shadow is totally transformed in shadowlands.

Ok, definitely not my Paladin anyway. He's strong enough, but i just don't like the flow of Ret at the moment...not sure what it is. Currently trying the BM hunter, so will see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭barryribs

How did the servers hold up? Going to log in tonight. I nearly burned myself out getting those boss drops in ICC

• Advertisement

Seems to be working fine from what ive seen. Not been on a lot though.

Advertisement