Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toyota Ireland - Apple CarPlay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

ya loads of people with satnav go were having problems were you reading the spanish forum ??

Yeah I was, that would put me off upgrading. Hopefully for satnav people Toyota Ireland will release an upgrade plan soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

illumin wrote: »
    Yeah I was, that would put me off upgrading. Hopefully for satnav people Toyota Ireland will release an upgrade plan soon.
    ya u saw the one with the suposedly 2000e quote for replacement.:eek::eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭gotapaininmy

They might, one thing for sure is that theri communication about it will be god awful. You'll always have the satisfaction of knowing when you turn it on that it came for free though!

You're a braver man than I! Fair play. My car has nav on it though and I'm part luddite so maybe won't try it myself.
    dont your are better of not,2 many probs on the forum from people with it. Not worth the hassle.

no effn way?! Where'd you see that?

• Advertisement

no effn way?! Where'd you see that?

ya illumin might have seen it as well. it was translated anyway but what ever they did the fecked the radio & was given that quote for a fix and replacement.i dont know if they finally got it to work again without the need to replace it & pay that much.

ya illumin might have seen it as well. it was translated anyway but what ever they did the fecked the radio & was given that quote for a fix and replacement.i dont know if they finally got it to work again without the need to replace it & pay that much.

Oh right! phew! I thought they were quoted 2k for the upgrade only

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

Total extortion! That would put me right off upgrading if i had the nav version.

Total extortion! That would put me right off upgrading if i had the nav version.

thats what nearly threw me off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

I took the plunge and updated my non nav 192 corolla hatch. It took ages.... I would say 45mins to an hour and rebooted several times I would say close to 10. One part it got stuck at 50% but after 5-10 mins it progressed, I was getting worried at that stage! I kept the ignition on at all times and didn't leave the car. Looks very nice. Will have a play around with Android Auto later after my nerves have calmed down :D

Well how's it behaving? Any photos of it in operation?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

There have been reports from across Europe that this update has bricked some radio units.

The files that were leaked were not final and complete, I would be advising people to hold off the extra couple of weeks until it comes via the official channels.

There have been reports from across Europe that this update has bricked some radio units.

The files that were leaked were not final and complete, I would be advising people to hold off the extra couple of weeks until it comes via the official channels.

Agreed, I definitely am waiting anyway since my car has nav.

Looks like Toyota are on to it.....pity they aren't so smart with the actual update

Lot of stuff on the official Toyota UK blog about update being released in October.

https://blog.toyota.co.uk/how-to-use-apple-carplay-in-your-toyota

It's in the comments section at the bottom of the article.

In fairness to Toyota UK they responded to every query in the comments section, Toyota Ireland? crickets and tumbleweed

Lot of stuff on the official Toyota UK blog about update being released in October.

https://blog.toyota.co.uk/how-to-use-apple-carplay-in-your-toyota

It's in the comments section at the bottom of the article.

In fairness to Toyota UK they responded to every query in the comments section, Toyota Ireland? crickets and tumbleweed

but then its toyota ireland what do u expect

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

but then its toyota ireland what do u expect

I've been trying to get an answer from Toyota Ireland on this topic since March this year - Emails, phone calls and even tried Twitter. Zero response. In fairness to Tagh Riordan, they did reply saying 'it was defenitely in the pipeline' but said it was really up Toyota Ireland. Frustrating to say the least and does not inspire confidence in the brand in Ireland. The usual cowboy attitude - "We have your money now f#!k off!"

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Anybody heard anything further about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Training is in progress this week, I would say everyone should be up and running by Monday.

• Advertisement

Training is in progress this week, I would say everyone should be up and running by Monday.

good i thought it might be gone to ground again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This is comical. You’d swear they were trying to activate invisibility cloak or something.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    This is comical. You’d swear they were trying to activate invisibility cloak or something.

Do u have one of them could be very handy for around the number plate or wearing it while driving :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do u have one of them could be very handy for around the number plate or wearing it while driving :D:D
    Should have it by Q1 2021

Upgrade installed today. Free of charge too!!

Upgrade installed today. Free of charge too!!

which province are you ?? munster,leinster ??? i am due a service soon might ask

which province are you ?? munster,leinster ??? i am due a service soon might ask

Leinster.

Leinster.

Hopefully its made its way down to the rest of the country so.

I’d imagine so, I’m in Westmeath so I wouldn’t have thought there’s anything special about us! Laughable thing is that Toyota Ireland aren’t promoting the fact that you can upgrade?!

• Advertisement

I’d imagine so, I’m in Westmeath so I wouldn’t have thought there’s anything special about us! Laughable thing is that Toyota Ireland aren’t promoting the fact that you can upgrade?!

i presumed u were dublin and anything past the m50 they usually dont give a feck about :D:D:P:P:P

Advertisement