Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How relevant to you is the controversy over feminism?

Options

Comments

The Bill will further strengthen existing powers to constrain, restraint and criminalise those accused of domestic abuse. The escalating sequence of protection notices, protection orders and non-molestation orders can see a man ejected from his home with immediate effect and kept out of it without limit. The new Bill will make breaching the terms of a protection notice or protection order a criminal offence. These arrangements mean that a man may be formally branded a criminal, with a criminal record, and imprisoned, without ever facing trial or any other meaningful test of the accusations against him.

That's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭iptba

A boy’s eye view of our feminist English lessons
    https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/a-boys-eye-view-of-our-feminist-english-lessons/

This is about A-levels in the UK. I did hear it mentioned that toxic masculinity is now being discussed with regard to say MacBeth (the king) in Ireland, which wasn't the case when I studied it a long time back; at the same time the idea that Lady MacBeth displayed toxic femininity was dismissed in the same class.

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2020/1105/1176164-how-movember-softened-the-stiff-upper-lip-and-changed-masculinity/

Just look at the title and take a wild guess if it was written by a man or a woman.

Fintan O’Toole: How does defence of trans rights become search for women to blame?
    Subscriber only
    Trans people’s enemy is patriarchy, not feminism
    https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-how-does-defence-of-trans-rights-become-search-for-women-to-blame-1.4423596

I'm generally sceptical of most uses of the term patriarchy, but occasionally if it's defined, it may possibly have the odd piece of relevance for very specific cases.

However, this is the case of a general "patriarchy" which is as useful as referring to ghosts to explain phenomena I think here.

Biological women want to have spaces where only biological women are allowed in; trans-women and many supporters believe trans-women should also be able to access such spaces. I don't know why this clash should be blamed on patriarchy.

Here are some comments underneath:
    Well isn't this such fun, the trans and feminists clawing at each others eyes with their well manicured nails. And caught between them, not knowing where to turn, is poor old Fintan, still an old lefty after all these years. But, not to despair, there is always the straw man available, yes yes let's blame him , the patriarchy. Now being Irish with all those 800 years of oppression in my back pocket maybe I could claim a pass on that one but no these days I am a western white male, the source of all sin. To quote good old Basil Faulty, "oh its my fault, there I was thinking it was your fault but it was my fault all the time, I'm a naughty boy". So Fintan, well done you have escaped this time, but beware the Twitter mob, like the Terminator, cannot be stopped they will get you eventually.
    "Trans people’s enemy is patriarchy, not feminism". I suppose it is the patriarchy then, that hounded Suzanne Moore out of The Guardian?
    Fintan "show me the bandwagon, let me jump on it" Oh Tool, once again employing his favourite social media marketing technique of "If you see a crowd forming, run to the front and try to lead it."
    Trans rights, feminism, patriarchy - hitting all the Twitter buttons just in time for the Christmas book market.

Foetal Death and Domestic Violence
    http://empathygap.uk/?p=2841
    In Conclusion

The claims made by Safelives, by Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid, by the London Safeguarding Children Board and by the Royal College of Midwives, that domestic violence is a leading cause – or the leading cause – of foetal death, are unsupported by evidence and almost certainly false. Available information appears to indicate that the annual number of foetal deaths in the UK attributable to domestic violence is unlikely to be much above single digits. This compares with a total of around 4,000 stillbirths/foetal deaths per year in the UK. Domestic violence appears to be the cause of less than 0.5% of foetal deaths (perhaps 0.25%) and is thus very far from being a leading cause.

The claim made by the above organisations is a woozle of the worst kind. In the case of the Royal College of Midwives this is particularly reprehensible as the matter is within their professional area of expertise.

Why do these feminist organisations promulgate these untruths? The domestic violence industry (Safelives, Women’s Aid and the Safeguarding authorities) do it because they profit from a narrative which talks-up domestic violence and reinforces the need for their services. All feminist organisations, including the Royal College of Midwives, partake of the incessant vilifying of men to bolster their preferred focus of attention. The spectre of men as an ever present danger to women and children is a well trodden path to the realisation of the principal feminist objective of ejecting men from the family via the leverage it provides in the family courts.

They do it because they can, because it furthers their agenda, and because our society permits even professional bodies to lie with impunity, without any social disapprobation and without any recognition that their narratives are socially corrosive.

• Advertisement

I find it disappointing how what might be described as political theory (certainly not a gender neutral theory) is influencing how people may be treated by mental health professionals:

APA Versus Data
    http://empathygap.uk/?p=2735

It's probably too long for most people, but here is how one person summarised it:
    The difference between the American Psychological Association guidelines for males and for females could hardly be more startling. Mental ill health in females is due to their mistreatment by society, especially its male component, whilst men are to blame for their own ills.
    ---
    The blog post also discusses the British Psychological Society's ‘Power Threat Meaning Framework’

Protests planned in Irish cities following Sarah Everard murder
    A protest has been called for Dublin on Tuesday at 12 noon at the Spire.

Others have been called for Thursday in Cork (4pm Grand Parade) Limerick (4pm Thomas Street) and Galway (6.30pm Eyre Square).
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40244534.html

I'm not in favour of protests at the moment in Ireland; there could be one-off circumstances which might justify them, but I'm not convinced a single death in another country qualifies.

https://twitter.com/OxfamIreland/status/1371487042547372032
    Oxfam Ireland
    @OxfamIreland
    We are a global movement of people working together to beat poverty for good. Social Media Policy: http://oxf.am/Z6qa
    I doubt we will see Oxfam Ireland tweeting similar messages highlighting issues men face in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I would be fairly wary walking home at night. Some routes I might go during the day I would certainly not go at night.

When I lived in Vancouver and in Dublin, there were routes I wouldn’t go down if you paid me. I’ve had mates who got jumped and got the head boxed off them, for no other reason that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I understand how pissed off women could be at this but the streets aren’t safe. People who rape and murder aren’t bothered that it’s against the law or carries a serious prison penalty. The lunatic who murdered that woman was a cop ffs.

I don’t know what you can do as a man at the moment. If you say not all men, you are part of the problem it seems. Funny that logic doesn’t work if you were to say not all muslims are terrorists, not all travellers are thieves, not all Nigerians are scammers.

If you said any of those things, you’d be a racist bigot, because it is true, not all of those groups are as bad as some individuals from these groups have carried on. You just can’t be a man and say that.

I think we're building up to WLM movement. I don't see feminists giving up the chance for that kind of power/influence.

• Advertisement

I think we're building up to WLM movement. I don't see feminists giving up the chance for that kind of power/influence.

I know it will sound very cynical and glib but to me it seemed like that poor woman’s murder was seized upon immediately by some; you had the poll that 97% of women in the UK had been sexually harassed come out almost on top of the death.

I haven’t ever been to London bar once or twice at the airports but I wouldn’t want my family or friends walking around there at night. Some areas might seem safe but it’s also a city plagued by knife crime, where motorbike/moped couriers are regularly assaulted. Acid attacks are common.

During the day, ok you might chance it. Not at night. I’m not blaming that woman’s death on her decision to walk home by the way, what happened was awful, she has every right to life, and what happened was sickening.

If that cop did it, and looks like he did, he is dead meat in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

London's no different than Dublin or any other city in that regard: there are no go areas at night. Places where a man is likely to be beaten to a pulp and a woman can consider herself lucky if she only has her handbag stolen.

We're nearing the point where you can't even use a reductio ad absurdum argument against feminists: they've already done it themselves.

That it's not safe for a woman to walk alone in certain parts of a city is not a simple issue of misogyny as those same areas aren't safe for men either (and statistics demonstrate that it's even less safe for a man to walk in these places alone).

Is it an issue that a woman can't venture anywhere she likes at any time of night and in any state of inebriation? Yes, being honest it is. I'd argue for anyone not forced to live in such areas it's a relatively minor one as such places are usually widely known and easily avoided but it's an issue of law and order. It's only an issue of gender if one is only concerned for the wellbeing of women (or have drunk the feminist koolaid that it's worse to be raped than murdered).

Sleepy wrote: »
    Is it an issue that a woman can't venture anywhere she likes at any time of night and in any state of inebriation? Yes, being honest it is. I'd argue for anyone not forced to live in such areas it's a relatively minor one as such places are usually widely known and easily avoided but it's an issue of law and order. It's only an issue of gender if one is only concerned for the wellbeing of women (or have drunk the feminist koolaid that it's worse to be raped than murdered).

Is it though? Simple reality is that there are always going to be dodgy areas, and regardless of which gender is involved, to remain safe means taking precautions, or avoiding the area entirely. In every city, I have lived in, there have been areas which needed to be avoided. Even with towns, if not areas, there were certain times which were more risky than others.

It's not as if this is anything new. Being drunk places you at risk. Being female in certain areas places you at risk. Flirting with strangers places you at risk. It "shouldn't", but it does. That's reality... and has always been a reality.

The idea that women should be able to go anywhere and do anything there while drunk, ignores that men have always needed to be careful of what they do and where. Those who didn't ended up in trouble. Men getting drunk alone, walking around at night, would often have trouble. It's not like something major has changed based on genders.

Added to this though, is the nature and amount of crime has shifted over the last few decades. I can remember when my hometown (even with all it's problems) was relatively safe. Rape was extremely rare. Murder was very rare. Beatings happened a few times a year, but still not common. Nowadays, I wouldn't walk around my hometown at night alone, and even with others, I'd be careful.

I think the difference is that men accept that their environment contains risk, and danger. They rely on the law to mitigate that risk, but know that it's not going to disappear. Whereas many women seem to believe that those risks don't apply to them. I suspect it's due to how much they were protected in a traditional society, but with traditional society declining, towards more freedoms, they've retained the belief that they're still a protected group. Which is why when something negative happens it's much worse than when it happens to a male.

We don't disagree. My point was that while neither men nor women being safe to walk the streets at night (or stumbling around them as is oft the case for victims of assault) is an issue, it's not an issue of gender or equality: but one of law and order.

Is it a pressing issue worthy of front-page headlines and constant media analysis? Personally I think not: there are much more important things for our governments to be worrying about at the moment, particularly when the risk of being a victim of such a scenario is easily mitigated by being careful, not venturing into those areas at night and watching out for each other when drinking. Like you say, it has ever been thus: you can be damn sure there were parts of Rome that one couldn't safely wander about in at night 2,000 years ago.

Well.. I do think it is an issue of gender, because of the expectation that women should be safer than men, while engaging in activities that are riskier than what men do.

Look. By the time men leave university, they know how to measure the risk to themselves from other men. We know how our behavior impacts on others, and there's a... measured risk when we want to insult or tweak others noses. We know that behavior often leads to violence, in one form or another, and we accept that. We either choose to behave that way or not. I chose not to, because my body is not built particularly well for fighting. Others I know who are more naturally suited, have adapted their way of life to include more tests of strength, willpower or whatever.

The problem is when we look at women in a modern setting. They have the freedom to do whatever they wish, and now, they're seeking to absolve themselves of the responsibility for their behavior. If you, as a woman, flirt with a number of strangers, leading them on, and then, insult them while leaving, what do you think is going to happen? You're going to be encouraging others towards anger, bitterness, etc, while relying on social norms to protect you. It's similar to how guys will insult or tweak others noses, whereas we're aware of the potential for violence, or negative reactions... women are being encouraged to believe that those negatives shouldn't ever manifest.

Even worse, consider the range of people who don't conform to social norms. We've had twenty-thirty years of people being encouraged to believe that being a freak is cool. That society's laws/expectations don't apply to them. That it's right to "be yourself" and put it to "the man". Disregard societys conditioning and be something else. Is it any surprise that some men will see that as permission to throw off the shackles that sought to prevent him towards violence, rape, or abuse?

There is such limited expectations surrounding the changes that various movements have encouraged within society. It's good "for some" to break from social norms... but others shouldn't, and more importantly, shouldn't do it in a way that's not approved by the first group.

Just as this belief that women should be able to act without consequence. If a woman is drunk, alone, and stumbling around with her tits hanging out, and worse yet, in a dodgy area (or time), shouldn't we, as a society, be calling this behavior out as being self-destructive? Instead, we're telling everyone that this should be the new social norm.. and "men" will magically all accept that, and respect it?

Meh. I swear that the retards have taken control of the circus, because this movement has become incredibly foolish.

Oh, I think the feminist lobby are trying (and are arguably succeeding) to make it a gender issue along the very lines you highlight. I disagree with them: the real world is the real world regardless of whether you're a man or a woman. It's not always a nice place and there are people who will do you harm whether you've provoked them or not.

Those kind of feminists always remind me of the quip Jack Nicholson's character (a novelist) tells in "As Good as It Gets" when asked how he writes women so well: “I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability”. At the time, the joke was meant to portray his character as sexist. Nowadays? I think there's a growing number who believe this is the way they should be able to live their lives: free from being held accountable for their actions.

Sleepy wrote: »
    Oh, I think the feminist lobby are trying (and are arguably succeeding) to make it a gender issue along the very lines you highlight. I disagree with them: the real world is the real world regardless of whether you're a man or a woman. It's not always a nice place and there are people who will do you harm whether you've provoked them or not.

Those kind of feminists always remind me of the quip Jack Nicholson's character (a novelist) tells in "As Good as It Gets" when asked how he writes women so well: “I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability”. At the time, the joke was meant to portray his character as sexist. Nowadays? I think there's a growing number who believe this is the way they should be able to live their lives: free from being held accountable for their actions.

Pretty much. Have you had a look at the thread on "Almost all young women in the UK have been sexually harassed [MOD WARNING 1st POST]"?

It's a broad range of posters bending over backwards to excuse women from the behavior they engage in, while accusing others of victim blaming, and 'not listening" to women. It's utterly bizarre. They're so disconnected from reality, that they think by blaming men for everything, this is going to get better... No chance of them acknowledging the behavior of women as being a major factor in how men behave around them.

Last year, just before I returned to Ireland, I went out to the bar with a group of women, all friends who had boyfriends. A girls night out with me to drive them home later. Grand. They dressed up in style, and then proceeded throughout the night to flirt with every guy they encountered. Touching arms, legs, etc. Suggestive language, we all know the score. And as each guy thought he was "in", they shot him down, with a laugh among the group. It was predatory... but in their eyes, it was harmless fun. Although, I spoke to a few of the guys, trying to downplay their behavior, and more than a few of them were quite angry or even hurt by their behavior. Ahh but it was harmless... they were just lucky they didn't meet anyone dodgy, and that I was there to play fireman.

If a guy was to behave as they did, (which is unlikely considering the society we live in), he's be considered scum. And rightly so.. because it's mean spirited behavior, showing an ignorance for the harm that you can do to others.. but since women are supposedly sensitive, it means so much more when a guy misleads them..

I dunno. I'm actually a bit worried about the state of western culture regarding gender. Nobody wants to acknowledge the society that has been allowed to develop. Women are sex symbols. Everywhere you look there are images of sexiness in one form or another. The internet provides the avenue of instagram babes, camgirls, etc all presenting services for men (and women), with the models earning good money. We encourage our women to dress however they wish, and since they're apparently allowed to dress as provocative as they wish (social norms have declined about what's too flashy or sexy in public), many women reinforce the sexual image. Oh, sure women dress for themselves, but the reality is that perception of those watching, rules.

I think society is setting women up for a world of hurt. Not simply from "men" but from other women, in general. There are no social norms to restrict their behavior anymore, since anything that could do that is sexist.

Rant over. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

In a perfect society I should be able to leave my car keys, wallet and phone on the table beside me and go to the toilet leaving them unattended but it's not perfect and if they are robbed while I'm gone I'm blaming myself and not society.
    I'll be back at eleven, you just act like a peasant
    Got a bow on my panties, because my ass is a present
    Yeah it's gooder than Meagan, you look good when you're beggin'
    I be laughing when you beggin' me, to just put the head in
    Let me sit on your face, it's ok you can play with it
    When I'm bouncin' it, chill out and don't you make a mistake with it
    Let me see what you're workin' with, If I'm ridin', I'm murkin' it
    Slow grindin', I'm twerkin' it, yeah I bagged him, I Birkin'd it

I Googled 'Nicki Minaj x rated lyrics' and this came up. She is one of the most popular artists in the world at the moment. Great role model for young men and women...

iptba wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/OxfamIreland/status/1371487042547372032
    Oxfam Ireland
    @OxfamIreland
    We are a global movement of people working together to beat poverty for good. Social Media Policy: http://oxf.am/Z6qa
    I doubt we will see Oxfam Ireland tweeting similar messages highlighting issues men face in Ireland.

Oxfam Ireland again:
    https://twitter.com/OxfamIreland/status/1371859306539286531?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

iptba wrote: »

https://www.oxfamireland.org/provingit/issues-we-work-on

Women's Rights is included in their Issues We Work On section of their website so it appears they've moved past just beating poverty. I would think that beating poverty is a pretty big goal and it might be worth focusing on that.

• Advertisement

Nokotan wrote: »
    https://www.oxfamireland.org/provingit/issues-we-work-on

Women's Rights is included in their Issues We Work On section of their website so it appears they've moved past just beating poverty. I would think that beating poverty is a pretty big goal and it might be worth focusing on that.

Well, considering the representation of males as homeless, or the extreme end of poverty, you'd think they'd be placing the needs of males as being their priority. It's not as if there aren't dozens or more organisations aimed at helping women... oh no.. we need another, originally for both genders, decide to give priority to women in allocating their resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Last year, just before I returned to Ireland, I went out to the bar with a group of women, all friends who had boyfriends. A girls night out with me to drive them home later. Grand. They dressed up in style, and then proceeded throughout the night to flirt with every guy they encountered. Touching arms, legs, etc. Suggestive language, we all know the score. And as each guy thought he was "in", they shot him down, with a laugh among the group. It was predatory... but in their eyes, it was harmless fun. Although, I spoke to a few of the guys, trying to downplay their behavior, and more than a few of them were quite angry or even hurt by their behavior. Ahh but it was harmless... they were just lucky they didn't meet anyone dodgy, and that I was there to play fireman.

Ive seen this behaviour at work. Women prick teasing and leading men on. One woman talking about a situation like you described and she was saying a man got really pissed off and she was laughing at it. Saying she went up to some fella and starting kissing him and then was like bye bye. Yer man wanted more and was pissed off. Then she's complaining about men on social media all the time.

Suggestion The Kerryman newspaper rebrand to be gender-neutral is 'balderdash'
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40246805.html
    She told RTÉ radio’s Today with Claire Byrne show that gender and language were important and said it was important not to use words that did not reflect present values.

Ms Madigan said the issue was not about a particular newspaper, it was much broader.

It was her duty as a female politician to look around her and see what could be improved, she said.

“It’s good to be having this discussion.” When asked about the title of the magazine Woman’s Way, Ms Madigan agreed it too should be changed.
    It's not something I'm particularly bothered about it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So..... We're going to be importing all the American BSisms are we?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Notice it's always the 'male gendered' terms folks go after... never the female gendered terms.

For example, 'Woman's Way' isn't going to change to 'People's Way' magazine, is it?

I mean, the woman who's editing The Kerryman literally said 'It's not changing on my watch'.

Notice it's always the 'male gendered' terms folks go after... never the female gendered terms.

For example, 'Woman's Way' isn't going to change to 'People's Way' magazine, is it?

I mean, the woman who's editing The Kerryman literally said 'It's not changing on my watch'.

An insurance company called Just 4 Men. Imagine the meltdown.

Well.. I do think it is an issue of gender, because of the expectation that women should be safer than men, while engaging in activities that are riskier than what men do.

Look. By the time men leave university, they know how to measure the risk to themselves from other men. We know how our behavior impacts on others, and there's a... measured risk when we want to insult or tweak others noses. We know that behavior often leads to violence, in one form or another, and we accept that. We either choose to behave that way or not. I chose not to, because my body is not built particularly well for fighting. Others I know who are more naturally suited, have adapted their way of life to include more tests of strength, willpower or whatever.

The problem is when we look at women in a modern setting. They have the freedom to do whatever they wish, and now, they're seeking to absolve themselves of the responsibility for their behavior. If you, as a woman, flirt with a number of strangers, leading them on, and then, insult them while leaving, what do you think is going to happen? You're going to be encouraging others towards anger, bitterness, etc, while relying on social norms to protect you. It's similar to how guys will insult or tweak others noses, whereas we're aware of the potential for violence, or negative reactions... women are being encouraged to believe that those negatives shouldn't ever manifest.

Even worse, consider the range of people who don't conform to social norms. We've had twenty-thirty years of people being encouraged to believe that being a freak is cool. That society's laws/expectations don't apply to them. That it's right to "be yourself" and put it to "the man". Disregard societys conditioning and be something else. Is it any surprise that some men will see that as permission to throw off the shackles that sought to prevent him towards violence, rape, or abuse?

There is such limited expectations surrounding the changes that various movements have encouraged within society. It's good "for some" to break from social norms... but others shouldn't, and more importantly, shouldn't do it in a way that's not approved by the first group.

Just as this belief that women should be able to act without consequence. If a woman is drunk, alone, and stumbling around with her tits hanging out, and worse yet, in a dodgy area (or time), shouldn't we, as a society, be calling this behavior out as being self-destructive? Instead, we're telling everyone that this should be the new social norm.. and "men" will magically all accept that, and respect it?

Meh. I swear that the retards have taken control of the circus, because this movement has become incredibly foolish.

I've read this paragraph a few times. What are you talking about

I've read this paragraph a few times. What are you talking about

I actually started writing a reply, but realised it was simply a expanded version of that paragraph, which I consider to be pretty obvious in its meaning.

Perhaps you could be more specific?

Define "being a freak". How is it being encouraged in our society. Is there any data to suggest "being a freak" over the last 20-30 years has lead to higher incidence of violent crimes. The last 20-30 years starts with the 90's. The first thing that comes to mind with 90's culture was Britney Spears and boybands. How does "being a freak" lead to rape. That leap is enormous. You seem to live in an alternate reality to me. I literally don't know where you're coming up with this.

• Advertisement

Define "being a freak". How is it being encouraged in our society. Is there any data to suggest "being a freak" over the last 20-30 years has lead to higher incidence of violent crimes. The last 20-30 years starts with the 90's. The first thing that comes to mind with 90's culture was Britney Spears and boybands. How does "being a freak" lead to rape. That leap is enormous.

Well, first off, you've decided to latch on to, "being a freak". In addition, you're exaggerating the link between my reference of being a freak, and rape. Which is probably the point, but I'll respond anyway.

The reference of being a freak referred to the various movements which encouraged people to break social norms and behave in, ever increasingly, aggressive ways to show that they didn't belong to the past social norms. The Punk wave really started that off, but it got a refresher in the late 80s and 90s, with a range of music (and other) movements which encouraged people to behave differently.

When I think of 90s culture, I think of Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Nirvana, Rage against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Portishead, etc all of which led to alternative music scenes, often with somewhat disturbing lyrics, and attitudes, in addition to the rise of Rap outside of the US, with their own host of dodgy attitudes.

As for any data, nope.. but you knew that already. I posted an opinion piece, and if I'd wanted to pretend that it was based on facts, I would have posted links as supporting evidence.
    You seem to live in an alternate reality to me. I literally don't know where you're coming up with this.

Or we could have been exposed to different influences. We tend to base our view of reality based on what we've experienced ourselves. I could throw in some snotty points at this stage, but nah, I don't see much point in doing so.

And I have no issue with people disagreeing with me, and what I've posted... but you haven't disagreed. You've exaggerated and sought to dismiss what I said. That's all.

Advertisement