Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : Spring/Summer 2020

Options
1848586878890»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Rain stopped with 10 minutes but still lots of flashes to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Went south of me but just seen a huge flash
    Sky to the south purple /black

9/10 more after
    Best show I’ve ever seen
    Young lad is amazed
    Pity it’s so far away

It is flashing away in South galway, North Clare.
    Can see the flashes from Claregalway but can't hear the rumble.

One every few minutes.

Edit: Just heard the first rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

nice line of storms travelling through north clare on towards ballinasloe and athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Can hear the thunder west of Galway now plenty of flashes blue and white flashes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Had some more thunder and lightning in Galway around 4am this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

3rd time in the last month I can remember thunder and lightning in Galway, rare I see it this often.

Pity theres no real thunderstorms, it's just a flash and rumble or two in a heavy shower.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cold uppers again Monday and Tuesday. Isolated thunderstorms potential , more so around the coasts, maybe a few straying inland a bit on Atlantic coastal counties.

anim_hfg7.gif

anim_kuy3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thunder in Wexford

And heavy hail

Advertisement