Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Let the cat out of the bag lol.

Surely you really mean told the truth that this could be the worse case scenario of how things could be?

I mean seriously, If its such a secret to keep the population locked away (why they want that is a whole conspiracy in itself) then why the hell would he blab it out on national radio?

You guys really do crack me up :D

His elite overlords won't be happy with this latest show of incompetency.

Nor will his brother be happy with this communist plot. His brother, owner of the breathtakingly capitalist property company Sherry Fitz, who will be financially crippled with the implementation of communism in Ireland.

So many threads....

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

Dr Fauci predicts that the mask wearing etc will be at least till 2022: https://truepundit.com/dr-fauci-says-even-with-a-vaccine-masks-and-social-distancing-will-continue-until-2022/ .

http://www.orwellianireland.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

brianhere wrote: »
    Dr Fauci predicts that the mask wearing etc will be at least till 2022: https://truepundit.com/dr-fauci-says-even-with-a-vaccine-masks-and-social-distancing-will-continue-until-2022/ .

If people stop listening and submitting to idiots like Fauci we wouldn't be in this mess

• Registered Users Posts: 17,774 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

GT89 wrote: »
    If people stop listening and submitting to idiots like Fauci we wouldn't be in this mess

Right, so one medical expert in another country has caused the "mess" in Ireland and the rest of the world how?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,402 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

GT89 wrote: »

Who should we listen to then? Sandra the part time cleaner and mother of 3 who told you on Facebook that masks don't work? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Who should we listen to then? Sandra the part time cleaner and mother of 3 who told you on Facebook that masks don't work? :rolleyes:
    Duh, the youtubers and fringe media types who are reporting this stuff while asking for donations and hawking brain force pills, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

A number of Irish scientists, who are advocating a stricter lockdown, have pointed out that the current cycling of lockdowns between levels 3 and 5 "will recur every three to four months until late 2021 at the earliest."
    ( https://www.politicalirish.com/threads/totalitarianism-is-here-and-now-in-ireland.38698/#post-752897 .)

Anyway just hoping there isn't any naive sap out there who still doesn't get it that this stealing of your rights will be permanent!

http://www.orwellianireland.com

Anyway just hoping there isn't any naive sap out there who still doesn't get it that this stealing of your rights will be permanent!

I see you've now reached the level of insulting those who don't accept your fringe "secret Communists are about to take over Ireland" beliefs, congrats

A number of Irish scientists, who are advocating a stricter lockdown, have pointed out that the current cycling of lockdowns between levels 3 and 5 "will recur every three to four months until late 2021 at the earliest."
    ( https://www.politicalirish.com/threads/totalitarianism-is-here-and-now-in-ireland.38698/#post-752897 .)

You must be bitterly disappointed every time the measures are eased?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

cgq300 wrote: »
    I'd be more concerned of the health impacts the weight of wearing your tin foil hat will cause than the health impact of wearing a mask if I were you.

Is that the best you can do?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26 bubbagumss

as long as people don't wear masks
    dine indoors don't keep 6 meters distance covid will be around.in Brazil the Chinese vaccine has killed a few people..i would not worry about others you need to stop yourself getting it
    in work around people that have it and so far with a mask its been okyou need to save up cash as the economy will crash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bazza1

Looking forward to the New Communist world. No need for a vaccine against a hoax, sure the 5G wavelengthswill get us anyway!:D:D:D

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The world has had pandemics before, the last major one in 1918, people had to wear masks and socially distance.

What this current pandemic has done is once again expose that society has a layer of alarmist loons and straight-up morons who are incapable of basic common sense and reasoning.

Why is someone a loon if they believe that some restrictions will remain in place long after the virus is contained or vaccinated against? Bin Laden is dead. In fact I believe he was dead long before that Seal Team 6 "operation". Iraq and Afghanistan that had nothing to do with 911 are smouldering ruins yet you still have all these restrictions in place, DHS, TSA, USAPATRIOT ACT, no liquids allowed on a plane, full body scanners, all complete ineffectual nonsense completely futile in preventing what it purports to.

You seem to just jump on every thread like some kind of shill and throw insults around.

Why is someone a loon if they believe that some restrictions will remain in place long after the virus is contained or vaccinated against?

I don't know, that's not what I wrote.

I mentioned that there are loons and alarmists in society, paranoid/deluded people who think that masks and social distancing are nothing to do mitigating a virus, instead believing it's all part of some nefarious secret plan that they can't detail.
    Bin Laden is dead. In fact I believe he was dead long before that Seal Team 6 "operation".

Cool, that's your personal opinion. I've heard these stories that Bin Laden was dead also, they are typically vague and based on one source.

I'll ask, when did he really die, where, and how? and what is the source for that?
    You seem to just jump on every thread like some kind of shill and throw insults around.

It's a public forum, I can post in whatever thread I choose. I hope you don't have an issue with that.. (not that I care)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

COVID-19 IS THE AGENDA – Biden is Merely The Delivery Vehicle…

Understanding the bigger picture is to understand how the “fundamental change” issues are not directly connected to the ongoing 2020 debate challenges, ballot issues, election outcome, etc; yet, the “fundamental change” issues required a Biden election.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/11/13/covid-19-is-the-agenda-biden-is-merely-the-delivery-vehicle/

Worth a read if you have a few minutes to spare

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Everyone is entitled to post here, regardless what side of a CT they are on.

Leave the antics at the door please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,109 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Next Saturday, baton charges, water cannon or both?
    We can but hope.
    Special treatment for flag wavers.

In other news, Elon Musk had 4 Covid tests.

2 positive
    2 negative

Stay real CDC :pac:

enno99 wrote: »

COVID-19 IS THE AGENDA – Biden is Merely The Delivery Vehicle…

Understanding the bigger picture is to understand how the “fundamental change” issues are not directly connected to the ongoing 2020 debate challenges, ballot issues, election outcome, etc; yet, the “fundamental change” issues required a Biden election.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/11/13/covid-19-is-the-agenda-biden-is-merely-the-delivery-vehicle/

Worth a read if you have a few minutes to spare

For any sane people reading this

Conservative Treehouse, aka the Last Refuge, is an extreme right blog
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-last-refuge/

For any sane people reading this

Conservative Treehouse, aka the Last Refuge, is an extreme right blog
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-last-refuge/

More fact checkers LOL

• Advertisement

More fact checkers LOL

Why do hate fact checkers? You prefer the auld "fake news"?

More fact checkers LOL

Ah fact-checking, the fringe left and fringe right hate it. Takes all the fun out of having extreme views.

Why do hate fact checkers? You prefer the auld "fake news"?

Em how about read it and critisize it your self :)

I don't know, that's not what I wrote.

I mentioned that there are loons and alarmists in society, paranoid/deluded people who think that masks and social distancing are nothing to do mitigating a virus, instead believing it's all part of some nefarious secret plan that they can't detail.

Cool, that's your personal opinion. I've heard these stories that Bin Laden was dead also, they are typically vague and based on one source.

I'll ask, when did he really die, where, and how? and what is the source for that?

It's a public forum, I can post in whatever thread I choose. I hope you don't have an issue with that.. (not that I care)

Then why not be civil?

You thrash around and spit, and can't seem to counter a discussion without an insult.

Every word out of your mouth is how people are thick, on the lunatic fringe, morons, can''t get it together, clueless, tin-foil hat wearing cretins, etc.

There are many of us who do not believe what we are told. You seem to think that someone who questions the narative is a wackjob...no matter the providence
    therof.

Can anybody explain why these guys are sitting so apart from each other:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdAhvnW8As

Surely a quick test on all of them would suffice and then they could sit around a table, as normal? No?

There are many of us who do not believe what we are told.

If I want to label people who endanger others during a pandemic by refusing to wear masks or distance as loons or alarmists then I will, they are highly ignorant people who put other people's lives at risk, no idea why you're obsessing over that one comment.

Ignoring the rest of your bizarre ad hominems and pigeon-holing, you claim you "do not believe" what you are told, do you automatically disbelieve the weather forecast tomorrow or just stuff that doesn't correspond with your particular world view?

I have a suspicion it's the latter

Can anybody explain why these guys are sitting so apart from each other:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdAhvnW8As

Surely a quick test on all of them would suffice and then they could sit around a table, as normal? No?

Because it's a common sense precaution. Tests aren't infallible.

Do you feel there's some conspiracy involved with it? or does it just "annoy" you that studios all over the world take extra precautions against a very infectious disease?

Because it's a common sense precaution. Tests aren't infallible.

Do you feel there's some conspiracy involved with it? or does it just "annoy" you that studios all over the world take extra precautions against a very infectious disease?

You really do sound like you're on the brink of hysteria. Every post from you reads like a tantrum.

I don't believe everything I'm told. I didn't say I believed nothing I'm told.

And the players that these guys are commentating on get pretty close to each other hugging and kissing when they score a goal and they're all hyperventilating.

I didn't see much distancing between Lewis Hamilton and his crew celebrating his 7th title. Maybe highly paid sports people are immune.

I don't see a lot of social distancing in the Strictly Come Dancing studio. I guess it's pretty hard to do the tango when you're 2 metres apart. Maybe they were recorded before March, I don't know. Not that I watch the show but you do flick past it.

And if tests aren't infallible then why even have them. I read that Elon Musk had four tests. 2 positive and 2 negative. If the test has a 50% success rate then what's the point?

You really do sound like you're on the brink of hysteria. Every post from you reads like a tantrum.

More insults
    And if tests aren't infallible then why even have them.

To test people for Corona. The tests themselves aren't 100%, but they are close enough to it. All of this stuff is pretty common sense, why do you have such an issue with it?

Is there a conspiracy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

MOD

Less of these insults.

Please engage in good faith here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement