Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Green Bay Packers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

To bang the age old drum. Packers defence getting merked most the game

• Registered Users Posts: 19,041 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

To bang the age old drum. Packers defence getting merked most the game

Correct, even though I have not watched the full game yet.

Have seen a lot of bodies flying around the place, and tackling air.

Need to stiffen up very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya if we can tighten up defensively, even just a small bit, no one will want to meet the Packers this year.

For all the whining about not signing a receiver in the draft it looks like scoring touchdowns won't be the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya if we can tighten up defensively, even just a small bit, no one will want to meet the Packers this year.

For all the whining about not signing a receiver in the draft it looks like scoring touchdowns won't be the issue.

Hopefully when Kenny Clark gets back things are somewhat improved. They don't have to be great, just decent. Can't expect the offence to get 30 something points a game every time.

The amount of missed tackles last night was shocking though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I really don’t get the ‘ packers don’t value the linebacker position’ line.
    We knew Kirksey was an injury waiting to happen and he’s not done much when he’s on the field either.

Wise move benching devante.

digzy wrote: »
    I really don’t get the ‘ packers don’t value the linebacker position’ line.
    We knew Kirksey was an injury waiting to happen and he’s not done much when he’s on the field either.

Wise move benching devante.

Yes, the middle of the field between the numbers behind the line of scrimmage is a bad area for the Packer D.

Has been for as long as I can remember.

I’m getting a little doubtful about Pettine.....is under a bit of pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭pedatron

How are lads feeling about the weekend? Adams back and plugged into an already hot offense should be a good thing.

Came across a nice bit of slagging on reddit bewteen Packers and Bucs fans about Brady miscounting fourth down. Bucs lads then were claiming Bradys 6 rings. Sad enough stuff on both sides! Would there be some sort of rivialry between them? Hardly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Blut2

I'm very much looking forward to it. Adams back, Tonyan evolving into a threat, Rodgers on fire. All of that and the first Packers game in a while on at a decent time of the day in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭pedatron

Blut2 wrote: »
    I'm very much looking forward to it. Adams back, Tonyan evolving into a threat, Rodgers on fire. All of that and the first Packers game in a while on at a decent time of the day in Ireland.

Noticed that as well. I'll actually see it out without having to stay up til some ungodly hour.

Packers have me more convinced after 4 games this year that they are a threat than a whole season last year. Hope they keep it up.

• Advertisement

Yes should be a good one, Packers need to get in Brady’s grill from the start.

Hope ESB gets a run out.... Kevin King questionable , lad is injury prone it seems.

Could be a factor unless Josh Jackson steps up good.

Key has to to be not allowing the GOAT to sit back and throw, however short.

Disruption, hurry, has to be a priority.

Expecting a Packer win.

Ps.... very good game on before it Browns @ Steelers.

It’ll be interesting to see if we get the rb going, given the bucs stout run d.

We’re very questionable at ILB. How we don’t strengthen there is beyond me. Will our own run d hold up?

I’d expect Brady to attack king if he plays too.

Could be a high scoring Belter hopefully....so it’ll be 12-9 to the bucs !!

Hmmm.. got a good beating down in TampaBay.

Absolutely controlled the 1st quarter, then the two interceptions and in fairness TB then took over.

Nothing went for the Packers but Bucks were a fast serious team who will be around at the end.

Defeat won’t do them too much harm, as I felt they needed a bit of a reality check.

Contested ‘catches’ are a problem, GB not coming up with enough.

Rogers has got the picks out of his system but Packers could not get near The GOAT.

Hmmm.. got a good beating down in TampaBay.

Absolutely controlled the 1st quarter, then the two interceptions and in fairness TB then took over.

Nothing went for the Packers but Bucks were a fast serious team who will be around at the end.

Defeat won’t do them too much harm, as I felt they needed a bit of a reality check.

Contested ‘catches’ are a problem, GB not coming up with enough.

Rogers has got the picks out of his system but Packers could not get near The GOAT.

Weirdly enough both picks came from balls to Adams. Seemed a pace off.

Meh been expecting a hammering tbh. Our defence is always muck. We never have a compote t one in both areas

Weirdly enough both picks came from balls to Adams. Seemed a pace off.

Meh been expecting a hammering tbh. Our defence is always muck. We never have a compote t one in both areas

Yes would not have expected that.

The Packers are not a bad team but the Bucks defense made them look bad yesterday.

You are correct the Pack dee were poor , as you say never great but nothing went for them yesterday, even the big run by Jones and the catch which was challenged were chalked off.

Could have steadied the ship.

Forget about it, move on and do better next time.

It was very windy there which may have affected Rogers.

Yes would not have expected that.

The Packers are not a bad team but the Bucks defense made them look bad yesterday.

You are correct the Pack dee were poor , as you say never great but nothing went for them yesterday, even the big run by Jones and the catch which was challenged were chalked off.

Could have steadied the ship.

Forget about it, move on and do better next time.

It was very windy there which may have affected Rogers.

Wind doesn't affect Rodgers. He's well used to lambo in winter.

Wind doesn't affect Rodgers. He's well used to lambo in winter.

Hmmm ..might be cold yes, but not windy... but we won’t argue.

Anyone else feel the d gave up a bit?

Hopefully the pack can turn it around, but that was a resounding hammering in all facets of the game.

Injury to bak, is one of my biggest concerns after last night. He’s probably the 2nd Mor irreplaceable player on offence after Rodgers

Anyone else feel the d gave up a bit?

Hopefully the pack can turn it around, but that was a resounding hammering in all facets of the game.

Injury to bak, is one of my biggest concerns after last night. He’s probably the 2nd Mor irreplaceable player on offence after Rodgers

Personally I feel they as a complete team just did not play or coach well.

I feel they were smelling themselves a bit and thought that they were better than they actually are.

Three visits to warm weather outdoor stadiums and they have been blown out in all three.

Bucks were on top in all facets last night, faster, leaner, meaner, more accurate and catching contested balls better.

They were getting to Rogers, but the Packers couldn’t touch Brady.

Makes a huge difference.

Reminded me so much of the games against the 49ers last year. It looks like if you are agressive and get at our offensive line you will get through easy enough. I'd worry about Rodgers staying injury free if more teams manage to cut through us so easily.

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »
    Reminded me so much of the games against the 49ers last year. It looks like if you are agressive and get at our offensive line you will get through easy enough. I'd worry about Rodgers staying injury free if more teams manage to cut through us so easily.

Indeed and the Chargers game too.

You were correct based on last nights display, and I’m sure you noticed that there were several follow on hits on Rogers to let him know they were there. Several.......

Little aside ...I listened to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman on commentary, they certainly didn’t favour the Packers, not in anyway.

Anyway, if there is another insipid display against the Texans ..... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭cosatron

hopefully a bad day at the office. looked very good in the 1 quarter but after the pick 6 it was all down hill and rodgers looked visible rattled by it. We are sh*t after a by week for a long time. remember under mike mc going into denver 7-0 after a by week and we got steamrolled and same last year in san fran.

Our d line was some shambles. Preston smith is gone to the dogs

Lot of injuries building up.....

Lot of injuries building up.....

Bak is the most worrying. Wagner ( playing out of position to be fair) was shocking last day out!

Bak is the most worrying. Wagner ( playing out of position to be fair) was shocking last day out!

Elgton Jenkins might be the best bet there.......

Given the Texans by all accounts havent a great pass rush, we might get away with a banged up line...

Aaron Jones would be a big loss but Jamaal and J.B should be more than adequate.
    The secondary might be a bigger issue if King and one other are gone.

Apart from Jaire they have not been stellar.

Ways to win

Keep Rogers clean.... it’s indoors....:D

Get after Watson

Catch the ball

Take care of Watt.

Win for the Packers, however in my opinion will need to up their efficiency.

No problems with Rogers, Adams, Jamaal, and Jaire, but some of the old failures surfaced again.

Now they didn’t bite the team yesterday, but against good teams, they will.

Disappointed with AJ Dillon, but hope he improves. Early days.

Apparently after checking out PFF..linebacker corps graded out very badly.

Oren, Ty, especially. Preston and Zed... not great.

Need to build up that cohort.

Are we ever gonna defend the run.
    Though allowance must be given to the fact it was delvin cook.

And we’re away on a short week against a team who destroyed us twice last season.....and bizarrely enough were favourites!!

• Advertisement

Are we ever gonna defend the run.
    Though allowance must be given to the fact it was delvin cook.

And we’re away on a short week against a team who destroyed us twice last season.....and bizarrely enough were favourites!!

Very poor display against a team which came to play.

The usual reasons- drops, penalties, poor tackling, some weird officiating, and of course complete inability to stop the run.

Seems to be a lack of leadership in the team when things aren’t going well,no one to stand up and make a big play and take control.

Need to up the tempo and come to play irrespective of conditions.

Advertisement