Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Induction Hob - Load sharing/Issue

Options
  • 14-10-2020 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi all

We have a 4 ring Bosch induction hob on a 32a circuit that has been problematic for the past while.

Previously, it took several minutes to heat one pot of water and a part was replaced and it seemed to work okay.

The latest issue is we had 3 hobs on power 4, 8 and 7. One of the units kept clicking on and off (not the usual hum from the hob) and the others took an age to heat. I contacted the supplier who arranged for the repair company to come out.

They have said that this is the load sharing function. To me this is nonsense - why sell a 4 ring cooker if you can only use 2? I'd understand if it was on a lower amp circuit but not when its a new build house with a 32a circuit. Does their response have any merit at all?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thread moved to a more suitable home.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Hi all

We have a 4 ring Bosch induction hob on a 32a circuit that has been problematic for the past while.

Previously, it took several minutes to heat one pot of water and a part was replaced and it seemed to work okay.

The latest issue is we had 3 hobs on power 4, 8 and 7. One of the units kept clicking on and off (not the usual hum from the hob) and the others took an age to heat. I contacted the supplier who arranged for the repair company to come out.

They have said that this is the load sharing function. To me this is nonsense - why sell a 4 ring cooker if you can only use 2? I'd understand if it was on a lower amp circuit but not when its a new build house with a 32a circuit. Does their response have any merit at all?

That's standard for the cheap Bosch induction hobs, they only have between 3-3.6kw input so only enough power to run one zone on high heat at a time.

Any bosch hob sub 400 euro is like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

That's standard for the cheap Bosch induction hobs, they only have between 3-3.6kw input so only enough power to run one zone on high heat at a time.

Any bosch hob sub 400 euro is like this.

Explains what I see on my unit too. It's not too extreme but noticeable when you try and out more than one on the boost setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Same on my Electrolux hob. There are two pairs of rings, left and right, and power is shared up to a maximum between each ring of those pairs. If I exceed the maximum power draw on either the left or right pair, one of the rings reduces in power. it usually happens if I put one of the rings into boost mode (P) in which case the other ring will drop to maybe 8 or 7. The display on the ring that has reduced power flashes to indicate this.

Advertisement