Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camper conversion Vrt.. And Nox charge

Options
  • 20-05-2020 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

If van is converted to a camper, does any one know if the nox charge is being charged also. Van has been registered in Ireland for three years now and I am almost finished the conversion...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Nox charge is only when importing a vehicle. You are merely re registering. Nox charge doesnt apply on a van anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 41 laurach

Is there extra VRT payable after the conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭stezie

Usually there is yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

And VAT will be charged at a made up amount of whatever they think of

• Registered Users Posts: 41 laurach

Apologies probably a stupid quest but is it for insurance purposes the Re-registration has to be done?

• Advertisement

Yes re registration is for both Insurance and road tax purposes.

If you convert a VAN and it is registered as such, you need to insure it as a Van, and as far as i am aware it is insured for the transport of goods. All your efforts for converting the van into a liveable space wont be insured properly as it wont be seen as "goods". Insuring a large van for private purposes is near impossible / expensive here also.

Also if you technically use a van for private purposes, you need to road tax it at the private rate , based on engine size, in my case €1400 / year.

If registered as a camper van, it will be insured for such use at approx €300/ €350 per year, and the road tax will be €102 per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Hi Guys,

Just seen there in relation to vans not being subject to the NOx charge. Is this also the same for the car-derived van? Have been checking the revenue website for information but it all has been dated before the NOx charge was introduced.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

You want to convert your car derived van to a camper?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭I_HAVE_NO_NAME

stezie wrote: »
    You want to convert your car derived van to a camper?

No I’m just asking about importing a car derived van from UK to Ireland? Does it fall subject to NOx charge like it’s 4/5 seater passenger equivalent?

No I’m just asking about importing a car derived van from UK to Ireland? Does it fall subject to NOx charge like it’s 4/5 seater passenger equivalent?

No idea. This thread is about a van already registered in Ireland, that needs additional VRT paid to re classify as a camper.

You might need to spin up a new thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Does a ****ter conversion usually be cheaper than a less ****ter upgraded later conversion in relation to vrt

I mean the difference between a basic compliant one and a fancy one

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

listermint wrote: »
    Does a ****ter conversion usually be cheaper than a less ****ter upgraded later conversion in relation to vrt

I mean the difference between a basic compliant one and a fancy one

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yes.

This

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

Hi Folks,. Just looking for some information.
    I've a 07 transit lwb mid roof I'm thinking of converting. What troubles me is this Co2 and especially NoX emission that is required by the revenue form.

First of all, where would you find that information for the form ? Revenue website says it's required.
    Anyone converted a van recently that could shine some light on this??

Sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

As far as I know since its pre 2008 CO2 isn't a issue, if its a commercial then Nox isn't a issue either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Hi Folks,. Just looking for some information.
    I've a 07 transit lwb mid roof I'm thinking of converting. What troubles me is this Co2 and especially NoX emission that is required by the revenue form.

First of all, where would you find that information for the form ? Revenue website says it's required.
    Anyone converted a van recently that could shine some light on this??

Sound!

Emissions should be on the log book

Advertisement