Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cherry Picker Ram

• 11-09-2020 10:10pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My cherry pickers bucket ram, the short one, has sprung a leak.

Its not leaking at the seals or any part of the cylinder. Its a double acting

ram, and its leaking at the square box where the feed pipes attach to.

Its rusted here badly, but no rust anywhere else on the ram.

Question is, can this be repaired anywhere in the midlands, or am i looking at a replacement ram for my 1997 Iveco 12.5 metre cherry picker.

Thanks,
    526045.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Try Rampower near Naas, they do all types of hydraulic ram repairs.

If you do need to replace it, it's no big deal, hydraulic rams are generic items, check valve or not.

www.rampower.ie

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Testacalda wrote: »
    Try Rampower near Naas, they do all types of hydraulic ram repairs.

If you do need to replace it, it's no big deal, hydraulic rams are generic items, check valve or not.

www.rampower.ie

Thanks, I also sourced this chap,
    Brian Murphy at precision-engineering.ie, who is confident he can repair the ram by replacing the check valve.

I know replacement rams are generic items, but I want to make sure the check valve connections match my own as near as possible, because I dont want to replace any hoses.

kadman

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Just a headsup on the cherry picker ram.

I got the ram back today and its working perfectly
    with no leaks now. And as you can see its a nice tidy repair,
    and a very reasonable price too. Win , win.

So I strongly recommend this guy.:)

[IMG][/img]528514.JPG

Advertisement