Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-05-2020, 16:27   #61
MattS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the goon View Post
The 7T is £469 on amazon.co.uk at mo which at current exchange rate is circa €524. Thinking about taking the plunge as not sure if OnePlus were just getting rid of last few units they had in stock at the €539 price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XHHKMKV/
Would you not wait for the Pixel 4A?
Advertisement
19-05-2020, 16:28   #62
Rowley Birkin QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightkane View Post
Any tracking from them?
FYI, it arrived about 20 mins after this post

Good phone, not a major jump forward from the 6 I had as far as I can see. Find the on screen fingerprint thing a bit of a pain, the one on the rear of the 6 seemed to work better.
19-05-2020, 17:03   #63
the goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattS1 View Post
Would you not wait for the Pixel 4A?
I currently have the 3T and it has been absolutely fantastic. It has served me well for 3.5 yrs but they have stopped updating it and it is getting abit glitchy. So I want to stay with them based on personal experience and from what I understand the 7T is very good.
Thanks from:
19-05-2020, 20:49   #64
IrishHomer

I had the 3T and then OP7 Pro past year and I can't fault OnePlus at all.

Most reliable best phones I've ever had.

I've had iPhones and Samsung Notes for work and to me nothing matches OnePlus for quality and value for money
(2) thanks from:
19-05-2020, 21:10   #65
a clanger

I've had a 3T/5T/7T and loved them all great phones. HQ likes her Samsungs apart from wireless charging there is little difference apart from price. I much prefer the WARP charge anyway literally 20mins to 80%. Daughter has 5T now and broke the screen. Picked up by UPS on Monday fixed by Oneplus and back by Friday ...total cost was €120 not cheap but compared to €220 for an S8 screen well you do the math. All Oneplus buys/repairs have been through their own site with no issues. Great phones
Advertisement
21-05-2020, 14:13   #66
the goon

Quote:
The 7T is £469 on amazon.co.uk at mo which at current exchange rate is circa €524. Thinking about taking the plunge as not sure if OnePlus were just getting rid of last few units they had in stock at the €539 price.

Just about to pull the trigger on this and notice it is listed as UK Version. Wondering if someone more knowledgeable can tell me will this have any impact on using it here with Eir?

Thanks in advance.
21-05-2020, 14:52   #67
a clanger

Quote:
Just about to pull the trigger on this and notice it is listed as UK Version. Wondering if someone more knowledgeable can tell me will this have any impact on using it here with Eir?

Thanks in advance.

No impact using it here. It has all the frequencies you need for 4G in Ireland. It's basically a euro phone....only the plug changes depending on country! The only issue would be if you bought an American or Chinese version of the 7T
Thanks from:
31-05-2020, 18:04   #68
the goon

So like an eejit I missed the Amazon.co.uk offer. As I said I am an eejit and procrastinate way too much. Just now though I see on Amazon.de they have it dispatched and sold by Amazon. Can anyone. More clued in tell me if there are any issues buying from Amazon.de? Thanks
https://www.amazon.de/OnePlus-Smartp...ePlus+7&sr=8-2
31-05-2020, 20:19   #69
Paddy_man

Send a message via MSN to Paddy_man Send a message via Yahoo to Paddy_man Send a message via Skype™ to Paddy_man
Quote:
So like an eejit I missed the Amazon.co.uk offer. As I said I am an eejit and procrastinate way too much. Just now though I see on Amazon.de they have it dispatched and sold by Amazon. Can anyone. More clued in tell me if there are any issues buying from Amazon.de? Thanks
I've ordered from amazon.de plenty of times and no issues with them.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-05-2020, 20:24   #70
Brock Turnpike

Quote:
I got mine from Amazon.de and had no issue. The only thing to keep in mind is that you will get a two pin charger so you'll need an adapter to use it in three pin plug.
Thanks from:
01-06-2020, 02:50   #71
septicsac

Missed UK deal as well and not wanting the silly EU 2 pin charger for same money. if not back in stock in UK might take a chance on the Realme x2 Pro instead, near 100E cheaper, from same parent company, faster processor, though maybe slightly lesser camera? Hard to leave Oneplus, have a Oneplus 3 for 4 yrs, its still mint and never missed a beat.
(2) thanks from:
05-06-2020, 09:58   #72
a clanger

Looks like the Uk amazon offer is back at £469

(3) thanks from:
05-06-2020, 11:28   #73
the goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by a clanger View Post

Just bought it. Worn out from trying to figure out which phone to get. It's worse than trying to buy a car!
05-06-2020, 14:50   #74
JCDUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by a clanger View Post

Be careful of this deal. I bought last month and was charged £480.72.

Contacted customer service and they were awful. Told me to cancel the order, which I did, and reordered.

Colour I wanted was then out of stock, and guess what, I was overcharged again. Then I didn't get the full refund amount of the first purchase back.

Had to contact them through chat twice, at least an hour each time. Not a sniff of an apology.

Has taken over two weeks and I still don't have my refund, although it's on the way.
05-06-2020, 14:54   #75
JamBur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorTroy View Post
Quick question. When were you charged for this? Looking at my online banking after ordering, the payment was pending. It was dispatched on Friday but don't see any sign of payment. So either it's gonna come out on delivery or I get a free phone.
I know with amazon uk it's payment on dispatch
I've had that happen to me before with Amazon uk. I had the projector set up in my living room before the money was charged.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion