Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well it never accepted my CC card
    2 lads here ordered one ages ago and got it fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Placebo wrote: »
    well it never accepted my CC card
    2 lads here ordered one ages ago and got it fine
    Ah ****, well in that case I'll give them a try so. :o

i might get some one to order me one too

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

anyone in dublin selling a stick for xbox? my high punch button is not working anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What kind of stick is it? :D

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What kind of stick is it? :D

t.e round 1

it seems to be working now but it went completely 3 times yesterday

So, just ordered my stick from Gamesbites and had the same problem as Placebo - the order went through but there was an error on the card. Contacted Live Support straight away and they said that the payment had to be reviewed, did so and confirmed that the order and payment were successful. So I guess we'll see... :)

Have you got a set of hex (Allen key) screwdrivers and a flat-head screwdriver?

What I would suggest is to open up the top panel and rewire the quick disconnects so the stick is in Controller Type B:
    X--Y--LB--LT
    A--B--RB--RT

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Could you not just buy some new buttons off gremlins solutions ?

gizmo wrote: »
    So, just ordered my stick from Gamesbites and had the same problem as Placebo - the order went through but there was an error on the card. Contacted Live Support straight away and they said that the payment had to be reviewed, did so and confirmed that the order and payment were successful. So I guess we'll see... :)

i went to live support and no one was on

• Advertisement

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Could you not just buy some new buttons off gremlins solutions ?
    He wouldn't have to -- the issue he's describing is a well-known Madcatz 360 PCB problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Usually it's the roundhouse button that goes though, not heavy punch, isn't it?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Ah, you're right.

Reading comprehension FAIL.

Instead of going for a full new button, I'd just buy new microswitches -- cheaper & smaller for shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Could just be a loose quick disconnect or something as well right?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ah, you're right.

Reading comprehension FAIL.

Instead of going for a full new button, I'd just buy new microswitches -- cheaper & smaller for shipping.

Assuming meds is not one of those kicks-on-top weirdos!
    Could just be a loose quick disconnect or something as well right?

Was thinking that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ahh that expains alot. My roundhouse button just decides to stop working about once a week.
    Changed qd's and button and it still happens.
    first 4 times i completely changed quick dissconect and it was working again.
    have since found that plugging stick out and back is what makes it work

Must be a pcb problem so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

**** you guy, **** you.

Kiki did you make that guide you were talking about? link me if so.

I did not; I'll try to get it written up this week.

Shall post it to SF.ie when done.

i went to live support and no one was on
    **** sake, order cancelled and now it turns out the stick isn't in stock on which is why we were having such trouble ordering it. This is despite both the Black and White version showing as In stock on their website. :rolleyes:

Just ordered from here and paid via Paypal. Came to £125.39 inc. delivery which is pretty good all things considered. I'll let you know if/when it arrives. :)

EDIT: *sigh* And they're sold out too as of 2pm. :'(

how hard is it to get a ****ing stick ! seriously

• Advertisement

how hard is it to get a ****ing stick ! seriously
    I just ordered from here now. It seems to be either here or GameGears :o

There were 4 available when I ordered and now they're 3 so they win the "At least the website is showing the ****ing stock correctly" award. :)

Dunno why you're complaining Farz, you already HAVE one of the top sticks.

Although I can understand that you've caught the fever.

You'll want to get a custom to outdo Ry by the end of this year, mark my words. ;)

*edit*

And if you want to try something different:
    Buy a Qanba stick -- full Sanwa, well-made, heavy.
    Shipping will be killer but at those prices, it's the same deal.

*edit EDIT*
    SOME of the Qanba sticks are wireless.

na i'm not i didnt know people done that, ive had the problems with hp but they go away if you plug it in and out but not in a long time, my hk seems to be fine since i opened it and re connected everything but i have a gut feeling its the pcb

Review of that PDP Marvel pad.

Looking pretty good.

Stick arrived this morning but in a cruel twist of fate it was delivered to the wrong house on our road. Finally got my hands on it now, [URL="[IMG]http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/cat_its_beautiful.jpg[/IMG]"]it's beautiful...[/URL]

how much in total, its still pretty close to 160 euros ! qfonic or whatever have it for that price

how much in total, its still pretty close to 160 euros ! qfonic or whatever have it for that price
    Ended up being €170 and some change when everything was taken into consideration. If you're stuck for money then just go for the Round 2 from Qfonic, but if you want the S then I'd recommend PureBuy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Looking to buy my first fightstick. I'd class myself as an intermediate player at fighting games. I tend to beat my friends at them and I hold my own online, though I don't win all the time.

What would you guys recommend?
    The main fighting game I play is Blazblue: Continuum Shift but also a bit of Tekken 6. I've never been that big of a Street Fighter person.

> Inb4 ****storm. :p

Also for someone who's never played the MvC series, would you recommend buying 3?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Madcatz Standard edition if you don't have money, Madcatz Tournament Edition if you do.

It's just a classy piece of equipment. There's alternatives but they're not really "better".

MvC3 is great fun imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Looking to sell stick:
    http://www.buriedinthenoise.com/imgs/stick11.jpg
    Less than €10

Advertisement