Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

21-10-2010, 04:01   #1
Doctor DooM

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Every week we're getting several threads asking for the exact same things over and over to do with buying a new stick and occasionally selling an old one.

The amount of threads with this kind of stuff occuring is pushing other important stuff off the front page.

So from now on, I would like to ask that all questions when it comes to buying a new stick (especially Tournament Edition and Standard Edition Mad Catz sticks) get asked here in this thread.

If you're new here it'd probably be in your best interest to read this thread before posting. The question you're looking to ask has probably been asked before.

Note- this thread is not intended to cover discussion over modding, new sticks coming out, problems with parts etc. It's just to cover the basics which we're getting over and over. It's business as usual for these topics.

If anyone sees one of these threads and I haven't gotten to it, please report it so I will get a heads up and can merge them.

I don't mind someone mentioning here they have a stick for sale. However, I can't have haggling over prices etc here, so please use the proper process over on Adverts.ie (I have enough to do without dealing with disputes over money, and the mods over on adverts are the ones who "qualified" to do so, so potentially it's protection for you too).

To the forum regulars, feel free to add any links etc here which may make life easier for new people looking for sticks.

Thanks!

Last edited by Doctor DooM; 09-09-2011 at 13:21.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-10-2010, 04:08   #2
Doctor DooM

Information on the range of sticks available.

http://streetfighter.ie/?p=387

http://streetfighter.ie/?p=450
09-11-2010, 10:29   #3

Selling street fighter arcade stick

Hi im selling one for xbox 360 its on my adverts if anyone is interested
10-11-2010, 21:29   #4
Ry

Selling a 360 stick here http://adverts.ie/327825

Last edited by Ry; 10-11-2010 at 21:33.
10-11-2010, 23:59   #5
Dreddybajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry View Post
Selling a 360 stick here http://adverts.ie/327825
ah here
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-11-2010, 03:50   #6

I don't know where to post this so here'll do.

I'm looking to buy a seimetsu stick ls series PCB (specifically for an ls 56)

I can't find any shop that will just sell the stick pcb, they all just sell sticks for seimetsu, but individual parts for sanwa ffs.

Really im just chancing my arm that someone has one spare and wants to offload it.
11-11-2010, 08:15   #7
Ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandiCapanda View Post

I can't find any shop that will just sell the stick pcb, they all just sell sticks for seimetsu, but individual parts for sanwa ffs.

Really im just chancing my arm that someone has one spare and wants to offload it.
Kiki's probably yer man to talk to. He'll know where if anyone will.
11-11-2010, 13:44   #8
K.O.Kiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandiCapanda View Post

For individual parts, the only shop is AkihabaraShop.jp

You'll have to create a new (free) account to order parts.

Under Arcade -> Joysticks, find Seimitsu LS-56-01 and in the 2nd drop-down box, find #14 Substrate ASSY.
This costs 990¥ and weighs less than a full stick.
Get a #7 Spring while you're at it, too.

I'm actually really low on stock due to having no fun-money left, unfortunately.
11-11-2010, 13:56   #9

Cheers Kiki, my last pcb only lasted 3 days, it was obviously faulty, which im sure is rare. After a short space of time it didnt register a double input e.g dash.

Also Kiki, what do you think is the best medium-throw stick for seimetsu? obviously its opinion based, but im interested in yours
Advertisement
11-11-2010, 16:44   #10
K.O.Kiki

If it's not registering a double-input, it's probably having trouble returning to neutral.

Generally happens if one of the microswitches' levers is bent, or otherwise faulty.
Or could be a problem with lubrication for the LS-56 pivot (I have this on one of my LS-56s so it's in the box for now).
Or a faulty spring.

Anyway, Slagcoin only gives Sanwa JLF & Seimitsu LS-56 "medium" throw.

However, I'm going to use LS-55/33* from now on for all my sticks -- have a 33 in my HyperStick and it really is nice. LS-55 is same stick but with a regular-length shaft.
Also the LS-55/33 models don't use a pivot, so less maintenance!

*that is, if I don't switch back over to Korean sticks...

Last edited by K.O.Kiki; 11-11-2010 at 16:48.
17-11-2010, 22:15   #11
mackg

I want to get a mad catz se stick and according to the article amazon is the way to go, just wondering if i need a credit card?
18-11-2010, 09:19   #12
chopperbyrne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackg View Post
I want to get a mad catz se stick and according to the article amazon is the way to go, just wondering if i need a credit card?
Yep, amazon are annoying and won't use paypal.
18-11-2010, 10:08   #13
Doctor DooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperbyrne View Post
Yep, amazon are annoying and won't use paypal.
A debit card also works. Laser won't though.

Then you're going to have this weird issue that some of the amazon stores won't send electrical items to Ireland. I had to choose 3 TE's til I got one that'd send here.
18-11-2010, 16:48   #14
mackg

Was planning on gettin one anyway this will just make me actually do it cheers lads
22-11-2010, 15:53   #15

Hey lads, I was thinking of getting a Mad Catz TE stick for PS3, but I heard that a firmware update has rendered most wired accessory controllers useless, as in it won't register it as a controller or some shait. Is this true? Has anyone tested this? Cheers.
Forum Closed