Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Looking for a spot if anyone is setting it up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Gonna arrange a family set up over the weekend. First 5 to PM me can have a slot.

3 spots left.

2 left now.

2 left now.

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

JamesG2806 wrote: »
    Hey guys, stupid question that's probably been asked 100 times but im setting up an family account with some family and friends and wondering how strict the under the same roof rules are and is a virtual address the best for all of us to use? Cheers

Anybody hoping to get a spot need to check who's setting it up,I did and some have no history on boards .or( no threads started,just joined vv recently,I for one would be wary of giving details , not casting aspersions on anyone',)
    Be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Rotweiler

As I have explained you 3-4 times in PMS.
    Nobody is collecting anybody's information. I know you said you don't "cast aspersion" but you clearly are not familiar with IT and you were eager to join one until you asked your "brother" who is a Guard.

And when you join boards.ie in 2010 this does not make you more genuine than anyone who joins or discovers board.ie in 2020.

Let me re-phrase you how it happens:

People pay--Payment received--Payer receives an invitation link to the family account and that is it. EVERYBODY PAY THE EQUAL AMOUNT AND A YEARLY COST IST DIVIDED EQUALLY BETWEEN MEMBERS. The owner does not have any monetary advantage or any profit.
    Family owner can not see any information other than their nickname on the spotify account.

If somebody is risking something it is the family account owner =)

I hope it all clears it up for you and if you have further questions, I am more than happy to help.

Rotweiler wrote: »
    As I have explained you 3-4 times in PMS.
    Nobody is collecting anybody's information. I know you said you don't "cast aspersion" but you clearly are not familiar with IT and you were eager to join one until you asked your "brother" who is a Guard.

And when you join boards.ie in 2010 this does not make you more genuine than anyone who joins or discovers board.ie in 2020.

Let me re-phrase you how it happens:

People pay--Payment received--Payer receives an invitation link to the family account and that is it. EVERYBODY PAY THE EQUAL AMOUNT AND A YEARLY COST IST DIVIDED EQUALLY BETWEEN MEMBERS. The owner does not have any monetary advantage or any profit.
    Family owner can not see any information other than their nickname on the spotify account.

If somebody is risking something it is the family account owner =)

I hope it all clears it up for you and if you have further questions, I am more than happy to help.

Wasn't mentioning you at all,in fact if u check here besides you another person is setting up same without any history
    AND AS I MENTIONED, casting no aspersions on anyone'here,
    Just to remind all to be careful, as was mentioned by other people earlier in this thread, and AFAIK you also answered them, or vice versa

Wasn't mentioning you at all,in fact if u check here besides you another person is setting up same without any history
    AND AS I MENTIONED, casting no aspersions on anyone'here,
    Just to remind all to be careful, as was mentioned by other people earlier in this thread, and AFAIK you also answered them, or vice versa

FYI I am in a family sub,as explained to you in a p.m. ,it wasn't for me but a son

Yes I did indeed.
    And again, no history does not make your "be careful" meaningful, does it?

Not to step on your toes but, anyone anywhere can be joining this boards today and can be more genuine than any of us.
    People who buy from internet shall take their precautions themselves. And if we are going to give any advice, those advices shall be solid and with foundation. Simply "be careful" or "I asked to xxx,yyy" does not suffice. I am pretty sure you'll agree. Having said that:

- Send the payment in a traceable payment method
    - Ask their questions and compare the answers within the thread
    - Risk your 30 Euros, this is for your joy anyway
    - Or do not deal against Spotify's TOS at all.

• Advertisement

Yes I did indeed.
    And again, no history does not make your "be careful" meaningful, does it?

Not to step on your toes but, anyone anywhere can be joining this boards today and can be more genuine than any of us.
    People who buy from internet shall take their precautions themselves. And if we are going to give any advice, those advices shall be solid and with foundation. Simply "be careful" or "I asked to xxx,yyy" does not suffice. I am pretty sure you'll agree. Having said that:

- Send the payment in a traceable payment method
    - Ask their questions and compare the answers within the thread
    - Risk your 30 Euros, this is for your joy anyway
    - Or do not deal against Spotify's TOS at all.

Rotweiler
    Like I mentioned you on the message, 3 other happened the same and they were sorted.
    Your accusations are not nice and warning people or giving false claims about my family shows your personality not mine.

Check your messages and your invitation is there. I have already spoken to spotify about it and it is not in my control. They have disbanded the party somehow and apologized with a new account and family membership.
    Reply ThankReport this post
    a month ago

19/04/2020 13:38

Arciphel
    This is why I got worried initially TBH
    It really doesn't matter now I'm sorted, and it just didn't feel right to me , I made a decision ( right or wrong), don't want to insult anyone, but
    when buying anything, I look for vendors history, reviews etc,
    Anyway finished

=)

That is sorted and he/she did retract the message. Plus this message is public. Anybody can access that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭BullBauld

2 spots available for anyone interested. A few members have set up their own accounts when renewal was due.

PM me, first to do so gets the prize :-)

BullBauld wrote: »
    2 spots available for anyone interested. A few members have set up their own accounts when renewal was due.

Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭BullBauld

BullBauld wrote: »

One spot remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi my Spotify isn't working can u look into this pls

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

=)

That is sorted and he/she did retract the message. Plus this message is public. Anybody can access that :D

Hi pm sent regarding my Spotify cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Irishvillian

Is there still one spot left

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Looking to join a group again please

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Looking for two spots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Have one spot by revolt if anyone is interested please pm, once gone I'll update here

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SFG

Looking for a spot can pay by paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

One spot available. Payment via revolut please. Reoccurring €2.50 p/m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

One spot available in family. €15 for 6 months. Payment by Paypal or revolut. PM for info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

One spot available, looking for €30 for 12 months. It started 10 June, so will accept €29 from first to PM me ;) PayPal please.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Anyone on Spotify family accounts where Alexa has gone tits up?
    It will not find any songs by name or by Artist when asked.
    Alexa will play songs from library. Weird thing is that the songs that have appeared in my library were not there yesterday. Worries that somehow, other 'family' members songs are somehow mixed up and messing up the link to our Alexa.

Anyone with Alexa or similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

One spot free, revolt if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭yummymummyjay

Would be interested in 2 spots if possible. Revolut. New to this but sick of paying full price if I can get it for less. Great idea. 1 spot would do if two are not available. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Anyone got a spot on one of these or have any interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Looking for 1 spot . Can pay by Revoult .

Advertisement