Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Hi

Is your bed base level ? Is it a divan or frame ? Don't get very . many mattresses dipping and we would sell a lot. I have seen it in the past but not very often.

Bigmickey.ie

It's a divan totally solid if not a small bit springy (do they come springy?). Like when you lie on it, it feels comfy we made a joke saying it was more comfortable than the mattress. Came with the first mattress that dipped. Then replaced the mattress but kept the base

Never thought the base could be the issue. It's like new so that's why we never replaced it.

I'm sick of sleeping in a hollow

What would be the best type mattress to avoid this. To be honest were only seeing dips since memory foam became a thing in most mattresses. But maybe that's just a perception

We were going to revert to pocket sprung if it would help us get longer from a mattress

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

hi, was looking at Irish Beds Marquis Bed Set, seems great value, can you take old bed/mattress away with you and how much extra does that cost? i'm based in sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Hey

I have a Respa Posturecare Mattress and dipping even thought flipped etc over time

Looking for a hard mattress in a single size

Dunno on budget, suppose between budget and dear

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Hi

Yes. Free delivery to Galway. Go there on a regular basis. Here is a great deal with our sister company. There is around 200 euro discount currently :

https://dublinbeds.ie/product/hilton-3000-mattress-hilton-2000-upgrade/

Beautiful reversible mattress with a 5 year warranty.

Never a big believer in coincidences ....but your “sister” company has a big mickey as a logo, big mickey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

portcrap wrote: »
    Never a big believer in coincidences ....but your “sister” company has a big mickey as a logo, big mickey

https://www.dailyedge.ie/dublin-beds-logo-funny-2925415-Aug2016/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Hi,
    How much for 1 Limelight Picasso Bed Frame in Double?
    Would you recommend the Vogue Mattress or the Hilton 3000?
    I need 2 double mattress from whatever you recommend.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I'm looking for 2 single mattresses suitable for a bunk bed for a 10 and 12 year old. The ones they have now are cheap coiled spring which they want to avoid. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hello Big Mickey
    Looking for a single mattress for an upper part of bunk bed. its for a 9 year old.
    delivery in D15 or can collect.
    what can you recommend please

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

jeffk wrote: »
    Hey

I have a Respa Posturecare Mattress and dipping even thought flipped etc over time

Looking for a hard mattress in a single size

Dunno on budget, suppose between budget and dear

Thanks

Hi

Apologies for late reply but we have been crazy busy sine all this covid thing started. The 2 in 1 has a very firm side but you flip it over to reveal a softer side. I have slept on the softer side myself for about 6 months in the past and like it. It's in stock if you want to have a look at it. We sell quite a few of them.

Regards

Bigmickey

portcrap wrote: »

That's only a d and a b for dublin beds, :):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Hi

Apologies for late reply but we have been crazy busy sine all this covid thing started. The 2 in 1 has a very firm side but you flip it over to reveal a softer side. I have slept on the softer side myself for about 6 months in the past and like it. It's in stock if you want to have a look at it. We sell quite a few of them.

Regards

Bigmickey

AH no worries, had an idea would take a while to get a reply

Is this it

https://bigmickey.ie/product/best-rest-2-in-1-mattress/

How much is it with delivery to Dublin 15, thanks

zep wrote: »
    Hi,
    How much for 1 Limelight Picasso Bed Frame in Double?
    Would you recommend the Vogue Mattress or the Hilton 3000?
    I need 2 double mattress from whatever you recommend.

Thanks

Hi

Apologies for late reply but we have been crazy busy sine all this covid thing started.

Both the Vogue and Hilton are big sellers. With the price reduction currently on the Hilton then it represents really great value and it's pocket spring. The Picasso double is 349 euro. All is usually in stock.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

jeffk wrote: »
    AH no worries, had an idea would take a while to get a reply

Is this it

https://bigmickey.ie/product/best-rest-2-in-1-mattress/

How much is it with delivery to Dublin 15, thanks

Hi again,

Yes, that's it. Free delivery nationwide on most products. 375 euro delivered.

Regards

Bigmickey.ie

bromley52 wrote: »
    I'm looking for 2 single mattresses suitable for a bunk bed for a 10 and 12 year old. The ones they have now are cheap coiled spring which they want to avoid. Cheers

Hi

Apologies for late reply but we have been crazy busy sine all this covid thing started.

Possibly either the Tabby which is a 6 inch foam - no springs for 149 euro or the Breasley Uno 1000 pocket sprung for around 180 euro. Both are not too deep for the bunk bed. Tabby is on our site but don't think we got around to putting the Uno up but can send you a link.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Seve OB wrote: »
    Hello Big Mickey
    Looking for a single mattress for an upper part of bunk bed. its for a 9 year old.
    delivery in D15 or can collect.
    what can you recommend please

Hi

Possibly either the Tabby which is a 6 inch foam - no springs for 149 euro or the Breasley Uno 1000 pocket sprung for around 180 euro. Both are not too deep for the bunk bed. Tabby is on our site but don't think we got around to putting the Uno up but can send you a link. Delivery is free.

Thanks

Bigmickey

ImARebel wrote: »
    It's a divan totally solid if not a small bit springy (do they come springy?). Like when you lie on it, it feels comfy we made a joke saying it was more comfortable than the mattress. Came with the first mattress that dipped. Then replaced the mattress but kept the base

Never thought the base could be the issue. It's like new so that's why we never replaced it.

I'm sick of sleeping in a hollow

What would be the best type mattress to avoid this. To be honest were only seeing dips since memory foam became a thing in most mattresses. But maybe that's just a perception

We were going to revert to pocket sprung if it would help us get longer from a mattress

Hi

Some bases can have sprung tops. It depends on budget I suppose. Best to buy something you can turn to avoid dipping.

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hi

Possibly either the Tabby which is a 6 inch foam - no springs for 149 euro or the Breasley Uno 1000 pocket sprung for around 180 euro. Both are not too deep for the bunk bed. Tabby is on our site but don't think we got around to putting the Uno up but can send you a link. Delivery is free.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Thanks big mickey. Can you please send link for the uno.
    Also do you take away old mattresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I've been reading on here and looking at your site and I've narrowed it down to two

The Hilton 3000 on dublinbeds and the vogue (king-size I'm giving up on super king)

Which would be best for lower back pain?

If you've got any other recommendations I'd appreciate it. Must have good back support as I'm crippled at the moment

I'm leaning towards the Hilton myself or do you think I should spring for the diamond 2000? No pun intended 😂

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hi Mickey, I got sidetracked on measuring the camp bed, will get to that during the week.

However, I'm now also looking for a new bed for a room I rent out. Currently has a metal/wood frame combination and before my lodger broke it it wrecked my head creaking every time he moved.

So I'm looking for a silent bed and mattress, open to divan but afraid of headboard banging. Room is big enough for a king size, that's what's currently there. Toying with putting in a double and a small desk though.

Lodger moving out, timing is awful (I'm recently redundant) so want to keep the price down. I do know there's no point in buying cheap cheap either. So my budget is "as little as possible but as much as it needs to be".

Hope you can work a miracle!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Hi

Both the Vogue and Hilton are big sellers. With the price reduction currently on the Hilton then it represents really great value and it's pocket spring. The Picasso double is 349 euro. All is usually in stock.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Thanks very much for the update. Can I get a price for 2 * Hilton 3000 & 1 * Limelight Picasso Bed Frame, all Double.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gillamandango

Hello,

Can I get a price on something similar to these two below, both in King Size, and Medium Firm if possible and delivery to West Clare. Thanks.

Sealy Nina 1200 Pocket Ortho Memory Mattress
    Sealy Activ Renew Ortho Posture Tech Core Support Mattress

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Hi,
    I’m looking for two 4ft Divan bed, mattress and headboard with 2 drawers in each for two young teens.
    Also, a sofa bed....maybe the Manhattan?

Can you remove the old beds and a sofa bed??
    Delivery to Cork.

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Hi. Looking for 2 double mattresses. Currently have memory foam toppers on too, but now they are not doing their job at keeping back and hip soreness/pain at bay. What would you recommend to avoid help with back/hip soreness/pain and to negate the need for mattress toppers. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Hi

Just wondering if you have any small double headboards for clearance?

Thank you.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Thanks big mickey. Can you please send link for the uno.
    Also do you take away old mattresses?

Hi

Here you are :

http://www.unomattress.co.uk/

We will have others also depending how much you want to spend.

Thanks

Bigmickey

ImARebel wrote: »
    I've been reading on here and looking at your site and I've narrowed it down to two

The Hilton 3000 on dublinbeds and the vogue (king-size I'm giving up on super king)

Which would be best for lower back pain?

If you've got any other recommendations I'd appreciate it. Must have good back support as I'm crippled at the moment

I'm leaning towards the Hilton myself or do you think I should spring for the diamond 2000? No pun intended ��

Thanks

Hi

They are all good mattresses. We sell lots of all of them without issue. The Hilton 3000 is unbelievable value for money currently due to the discount offered. A similar model to it is about 200 euro more expensive than it normally with us. I'd say go for the Hilton 3000. You can turn it. It has a memory side and an ortho side.

Price in Kingsize

Vogue Ortho 349 euro

Hilton 3000 399 euro

Diamond 2000 699 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey

Caranica wrote: »
    Hi Mickey, I got sidetracked on measuring the camp bed, will get to that during the week.

However, I'm now also looking for a new bed for a room I rent out. Currently has a metal/wood frame combination and before my lodger broke it it wrecked my head creaking every time he moved.

So I'm looking for a silent bed and mattress, open to divan but afraid of headboard banging. Room is big enough for a king size, that's what's currently there. Toying with putting in a double and a small desk though.

Lodger moving out, timing is awful (I'm recently redundant) so want to keep the price down. I do know there's no point in buying cheap cheap either. So my budget is "as little as possible but as much as it needs to be".

Hope you can work a miracle!

Hi Caranica

Divan set will work out cheaper. It will also take up less space.

Can you fit the headboard to the wall ? That will eliminate any noise.

Bigmickey.ie

zep wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the update. Can I get a price for 2 * Hilton 3000 & 1 * Limelight Picasso Bed Frame, all Double.
    Thanks.

Hi zep

Will do 2 double Hilton mattress and the double Picasso frame for you for 1000 euro. Delivery is free

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Hello,

Can I get a price on something similar to these two below, both in King Size, and Medium Firm if possible and delivery to West Clare. Thanks.

Sealy Nina 1200 Pocket Ortho Memory Mattress
    Sealy Activ Renew Ortho Posture Tech Core Support Mattress

Hi

I'd say The Hilton 3000 would be better than either of those models and at only 399 euro in Kingsize, better value also. Unlike most Sealy mattresses, you can turn or rotate Hilton 3000. It's a beautiful mattresses for the price. It has a memory side and a firmer side but either side would be medium firm. Delivery is free when in your area. PM your details if you want to proceed.

Bigmickey.ie

Bi

• Advertisement

gartcork wrote: »
    Hi,
    I’m looking for two 4ft Divan bed, mattress and headboard with 2 drawers in each for two young teens.
    Also, a sofa bed....maybe the Manhattan?

Can you remove the old beds and a sofa bed??
    Delivery to Cork.

Thanks very much

Hi

We have about 500 small double 4ft mattresses in stock. Prices from as little as 99 euro upwards. We have new but transport models also. Can put a deal together for you. If you want to PM or post here a rough budget then I can give you a few different options. Sofa bed is not a problem either. We can take the old stuff also. Delivery is free when in your area which is regular for us.

Bigmickey.ie

Advertisement