Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Corvo

La Melo’s first triple double, must try catch that game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Coneygree wrote: »
    My Hawks are in trouble after what looked like a very promising start.

Any word on Bogdanovic?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

pjohnson wrote: »
    Any word on Bogdanovic?

I've seen no updates. Looked horrible.

Oh man Thomas Bryant has torn his ACL. Was really enjoying watching him.

People talk about how smooth PG and KD play but when he's on form there's nobody in the league I enjoy watching more than Lavine. Insane game again tonight. Like Beal, he should have been an All Star last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

15 secs left on the clock, down three to Clippers, LaVine with poor shot selection with 7 seconds left on the clock. Rushed it.

Similar story to what happened against Lakers.

Another great performance though;

LaVine with 45.
    Coby with 13 assists.
    Pat Williams with a season high 17 and matched up well against Kawhi. That's LeBron and Kawhi he has been marking and didn't look anything like a rookie in doing so.

I'm seeing more and more light at the end of that tunnel.

15 secs left on the clock, down three to Clippers, LaVine with poor shot selection with 7 seconds left on the clock. Rushed it.

Similar story to what happened against Lakers.

Another great performance though;

LaVine with 45.
    Coby with 13 assists.
    Pat Williams with career high 17 and matched up well against Kawhi. That's LeBron and Kawhi he has been marking and didn't look anything like a rookie in doing so.

For the first time in yonks it's fun to watch the Bulls.

I really got it wrong about Coby White, I was certain he'd be a bust before he was drafted.

Williams is going to be a star. He's the closest thing to a Kawhi clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

pjohnson wrote: »
    Any word on Bogdanovic?
    Fractured right knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Bad start for the Nets not helped by missing KD for Covid protocol and now Kyrie going awol. Apparently linked to scenes last week .

However i still think they will make the playoffs easily enough . When they click i think they will have the best offence in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Some strange results and an awful lot of blowouts already. This, coupled with the miniseries nature of scheduling will throw up some weird records I feel. And that's before we go into COVID. Part of me wonders if they'll be able to see the whole season and Play Offs out and if cancelling the season is inevitable?

You can't have games with 7 players like we did last week, that's absolutely farcical.

All things being equal I can't see anyone beating the Lakers in the Play Offs. But what happens if LeBron and/or AD test positive or are close contacts for a Game 6 or 7?

• Advertisement

Some strange results and an awful lot of blowouts already. This, coupled with the miniseries nature of scheduling will throw up some weird records I feel. And that's before we go into COVID. Part of me wonders if they'll be able to see the whole season and Play Offs out and if cancelling the season is inevitable?

You can't have games with 7 players like we did last week, that's absolutely farcical.

All things being equal I can't see anyone beating the Lakers in the Play Offs. But what happens if LeBron and/or AD test positive or are close contacts for a Game 6 or 7?

If the Clippers upgrade at point guard i think they can beat the lakers.

Cant see it cancelled. Maybe allow for or create "Covid Contracts" and allow a team plug the roster gaps while a player is isolating. Give a 14 day contract exempt from any cap.

Corvo wrote: »
    Think the Kyrie thing could be linked to the incidents in Washington. Sort of thing that would send him into a spiralling depression of some sort.

:cool:

I've been thinking about this.

I think regular season the league will just tell everyone to push on and not really take their woes into consideration (i.e. like the Sixers the other night) and try keep the schedule moving to stay on the timeline of the play-offs.

However come play-off time I think they will be more considerate and allow postponement's to a certain extent. They will not want televised games without say, LeBron or Davis or another star etc.

They know another bubble isn't possible (for a number of reasons).

I've been thinking about this.

I think regular season the league will just tell everyone to push on and not really take their woes into consideration (i.e. like the Sixers the other night) and try keep the schedule moving to stay on the timeline of the play-offs.

However come play-off time I think they will be more considerate and allow postponement's to a certain extent. They will not want televised games without say, LeBron or Davis or another star etc.

Cant see postponements happening . That could be postponed for anything up for 14 days . And then what happens if another player gets covid or is a close contact when that time is up .

Cant see postponements happening . That could be postponed for anything up for 14 days . And then what happens if another player gets covid or is a close contact when that time is up .

Sorry I should have expanded further.

Certainly if a player tests positive it could cause problems, due to the length of time the isolation requires.

But a close contact I think they might consider, how long was Durant out for? 7 days? With multiple tests along the way.

Sorry I should have expanded further.

Certainly if a player tests positive it could cause problems, due to the length of time the isolation requires.

But a close contact I think they might consider, how long was Durant out for? 7 days? With multiple tests along the way.

But Durant was already a positive back in March/April...........hence why he didn't have to go into 14day isolation. First timers will all be 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Why? I've seen a few commentators suggest it would be a good thing.

But Durant was already a positive back in March/April...........hence why he didn't have to go into 14day isolation. First timers will all be 14 days.

Ah, thank you, I didn't realise this

The contract tracing is whats decimating the squads. Unsurprisingly Boston cancelled the next game, now the Mavs have cancelled tonights game.

Once started most will be isolating and unavailable for a few games so either need to allow temporary deals to allow matches continue or pull the plug and wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Watching the first quarter of Lakes Rockets here. The disinterest of Harden is actually astounding t's so blatant. Harden may as well be patting Schroder on the back after waving him through. I'd call it poor defence, but it's actually worse than that, he's not trying a leg. Lakers in second gear and up 18. Rockets need to get the best possible deal they can find and trade Harden. This has the potential to be a Vince Carter in Toronto situation I feel. As I type he has just done it again, switched on to Harrell and just left him turn and score without Harden so much as even attempting to look like he was trying. I know it's a miss match size wise, but watch it back and you'll see. Terrible behaviour by him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

14 points, they are on pace for 56. God this is bad. Rockets are done. Harden is not going to the basket, and is just firing passes around. No frre throw yet by him.
    Harden for Irving, who says no? Risky for Rockets with Irving such a train wreck off the court there's no doubt. But possibly the best deal they could get. If Harden goes to another team he instantly turns it around(after he drops 15 pounds, he's way out of shape.) He's just done trying in Houston

Rockets would be mad to accept Irving, better off keeping the unhappy Harden. He at least makes it to the court.

It’s a pity Harden is like this because it looks like John Wall is really putting in a shift.

buyer95 wrote: »
    14 points, they are on pace for 56. God this is bad. Rockets are done. Harden is not going to the basket, and is just firing passes around. No frre throw yet by him.
    Harden for Irving, who says no? Risky for Rockets with Irving such a train wreck off the court there's no doubt. But possibly the best deal they could get. If Harden goes to another team he instantly turns it around(after he drops 15 pounds, he's way out of shape.) He's just done trying in Houston

Nash would snap the Rockets hand off for that trade . And it would just what Kyrie deserves. Shocking professionalism for years now. People online saying leave him along he doesnt want to play after George Floyd and wants to make a stand

Not buying that . Refuse to be paid aswel then. We will see how you really feel

KD by they way. Insanely good

Nash would snap the Rockets hand off for that trade . And it would just what Kyrie deserves. Shocking professionalism for years now. People online saying leave him along he doesnt want to play after George Floyd and wants to make a stand

The NBA are investigating Irving for partying during this hiatus. So the whole "Capitol Hill" stunt seems irrelevant.

There’s obviously something wrong mental health wise though. Or at least that’s the feeling I get.

There’s obviously something wrong mental health wise though. Or at least that’s the feeling I get.

Maybe you are right there . Until its confirmed though i think he's just been an ass . He went to partys i. Called him teammates saying he wasnt playing and not the coach and GM.

I think they trade him if they can get Harden . I think the Rockets have no choice but to take that risk .

Harden is so out of shape its hilarious .

I'm not sure Houston would be in a hurry to trade for Irving considering how he's behaved on teams he's actually wanted to play for - who knows what he'd be like on team he doesn't want to play for.

Can't see it for another major reason - KD and Irving decided to play together in Brooklyn. You trade Irving and you immediately p*ss off KD.

• Advertisement

Maybe you are right there . Until its confirmed though i think he's just been an ass . He went to partys i. Called him teammates saying he wasnt playing and not the coach and GM.

I think they trade him if they can get Harden . I think the Rockets have no choice but to take that risk .

Harden is so out of shape its hilarious .

He's an embarrassment to himself the way he's let himself go. I've watched a few of his workout videos, he certainly puts in the effort when he wants to - this is just a complete FU to Houston.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement