Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

scores seem good so far, is it calm is anyone watching ?
    Is it to get windier in the afternoon ? sorry to ask i'm in work !

It's calm, no real wind to worry about today, picks up a little over the weekend.

Greens will firm up over the day so will be a big trickier.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭New Era

3 consecutive birdies for the 15 time major winner Tiger Woods has put him back into red figures at one under through 11. Just three off the lead. Can Tiger claim major number 16 come Sunday evening. Never rule him out!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

New Era wrote: »
    3 consecutive birdies for the 15 time major winner Tiger Woods has put him back into red figures at one under through 11. Just three off the lead. Can Tiger claim major number 16 come Sunday evening. Never rule him out!!

If the course shows it's teeth there's no better man.
    I'd love to see it, but only if Mr Lowry doesn't win.

Rory shot an excellent 3 under 67, but by all accounts he could have easily shot 2 or 3 shots even better

Great start for Lowry. A birdie at the 1st hole.

McDowell 6 over and one to play.

Corks James Sugrue missed a 2 footer at the 11th his second and he is 2 over after 2.

Poor finish for Tiger too. 3 over after been 1 under through 11.

If the course shows it's teeth there's no better man.
    I'd love to see it, but only if Mr Lowry doesn't win.

You may get your wish 're Lowry. 2 holes 2 birdies. Remember Oakmont in 2016? Very similar test to winged foot and he just missed out on US open glory back then after having a 4 shot lead over 54 holes. Great start but an awfully long way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

New Era wrote: »
    You may get your wish 're Lowry. 2 holes 2 birdies. Remember Oakmont in 2016? Very similar test to winged foot and he just missed out on US open glory back then after having a 4 shot lead over 54 holes. Great start but an awfully long way to go.

And then +3 through 8

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

A post from a popular golf twitter profile;

Hearing from an internal source that the Head of Grounds at Winged Foot, Steve Rabideau, was LIVID with the USGA during their afternoon meeting over today’s setup.

Let’s hope that is true and they make it much harder. I want to see a bit of carnage.

Also, we give out a lot about the golf coverage with sky but that is generally all thru the US network coverage. And right now in the US they have to sign up to some streaming service called peacock to watch the last two hours of coverage. Sounds farcical and not in any way a route to try and grow the game as their slogan is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

Shane really has imploded since that great start. +5 now after 14. That's +7 for the last 12 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Wolff has some swing, does the job though...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Panrich wrote: »
    Shane really has imploded since that great start. +5 now after 14. That's +7 for the last 12 holes.

Unsurprising unfortunately. Has shown no form all year.

Do we really need to see Phil hacking it round the course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

'We say well done to NBC who have shown a shot from every player at least once"

And about 77 shots from Mickelson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Mickelson picking up where he left off at Winged Foot, could've easily shot high 80s today, he was all over the shop.

Nowhere near enough carnage for my liking so far, hopefully they dry out the course now and nobody shoots in the 60s for the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

'We say well done to NBC who have shown a shot from every player at least once"

And about 77 shots from Mickelson.

Did we see Sugrue? I may have missed him

I'd say it'll be alot tougher today lads, less water on the greens and much tougher pins i would think.
    I can see Rory losing his mind and drifting away as the course toughens up

edit: i can see lots of players losing their minds and drifting away, a 70 today is a great score by the looks of it

Big day for Sugrue hopefully he can put in a decent showing, huge test though could be all about damage limitation.

Having a bit of a mare today, miles off the standard unfortunately.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ill tell you one thing its the hope that kills you as a rickie fowler fan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Bubba going well, kiss of death guaranteed

It’s a bloodbath now

The fun has really started now. Shots being dropped everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A bloodbath and the top 2 are Reed and Bryson....not a nice combo

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    A bloodbath and the top 2 are Reed and Bryson....not a nice combo

A Reed and Harris English group would be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

And the wind is only 10mph.

Great to watch. A real good match, players vs course and today the course will win.

Really enjoyed the last few tournaments, think the pga have got the mix just right.

Long may it continue and we don’t see any -30 scores for a while.

It's like the revenge of Winged Foot.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Slow play killing this as tv viewing. No one being penalised?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Bryson in at - 3,wont be caught, must feel like he won the lottery

A Reed and Harris English group would be very interesting.

ha ha ha was thinking that earlier :D

What a shot from Hideki

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Reed is so slow. Scoring is bad but the course seems fair, punishing wayward golf.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Course is brutally tough today. Yesterday was a once off!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Advertisement