Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Draftkings golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Ha! Bryson, Wolff and Finau here also!
    Not settling on Tony yet.
    Any thoughts on a pivot to Tiger? He played well T2G at PGA.

I'm not interested in Tiger myself, from fantasy national Finau is projecting very popular with people, looking like twice as much ownership as Tiger so I guess if you wanted to make a contrarion move then Tiger would be the better play, go with your gut, you can have all the stats and info you like but that doesn't mean Finau won't go out and play like a 24 handicapper, if it was that predictable then the likes of Pat Mayo would clean up every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

I also like Reed as a pivot!

Gulp!!

My core consists of Bryson, Day, Wolff and Finau! So we are both fcked!

When you say all in on Bryson, how much exactly? you going 100, how many teams ye got etc.... I've had Staka a fair bit the last few comps, missing the cut last week hurt me! So I've ditched him! I'm liking Burns and Davis from the lower range!

Think Ive about 28 teams this week and Bryson heading 26 of them. Just really feel he gets a hard time on american coverage, including podcasts and he is nearly always undervalued or owned.

2 weeks since the restart i didnt play him once he won at a very high% other he missed the cut, so anytime i have played him he has pretty much payed off

All in the 5 dollar, in the 20 3 dollar, 3 in mayos, couple in the 25 and a satellite team.

Probably my last week putting in any real effort while the fedex is on absolutely hate playing the really small field eveents although maybe if they have captains for them it might be worth it0

Ha! Bryson, Wolff and Finau here also!
    Not settling on Tony yet.
    Any thoughts on a pivot to Tiger? He played well T2G at PGA.

I probably never play Tiger as he is never priced low enough to justify his current body and is always over owned as he is so popular, just think its the way to go.

Not to put you off or say its a bad play, but honestly its much easier for me just to take him off the table nearly every week

• Advertisement

Brooks withdraws

Think Ive about 28 teams this week and Bryson heading 26 of them. Just really feel he gets a hard time on american coverage, including podcasts and he is nearly always undervalued or owned.

2 weeks since the restart i didnt play him once he won at a very high% other he missed the cut, so anytime i have played him he has pretty much payed off

All in the 5 dollar, in the 20 3 dollar, 3 in mayos, couple in the 25 and a satellite team.

Probably my last week putting in any real effort while the fedex is on absolutely hate playing the really small field eveents although maybe if they have captains for them it might be worth it0

I like your style, very ballsy! I haven't the bottle to go all out attack like you have there, hope it pays off for you.

I like Bryson in a pantomime villain sort of way, he's something different than the majority of pros, I'm all for it, I like Reed too! Would be too boring if they were all just golf robots.

Shame this is the last comp with a cut for a few weeks alright, I'm sure I will still play teams the next couple of weeks but yea it will not be as appealing.

I like your style, very ballsy! I haven't the bottle to go all out attack like you have there, hope it pays off for you.

I like Bryson in a pantomime villain sort of way, he's something different than the majority of pros, I'm all for it, I like Reed too! Would be too boring if they were all just golf robots.

Shame this is the last comp with a cut for a few weeks alright, I'm sure I will still play teams the next couple of weeks but yea it will not be as appealing.

I wouldn't do it most weeks just but I will on occasion if I really fancy one of the top 10k guys, its kind of a mini tournament in itself and if your pick is the highest finisher its a big part of the battle.

Now thats kind of obvious and easy say but I feel there is much to like about Bryson this week hopefully the irons get hot and not the putter going cold just really like his putting stroke from a repeatable standpoint.

All that being said I may when I look later move some shares to DJ as its hard to pass up a low owned guy who could go out and win, he has played some good golf recently outside of the 2 weeks I reckon he just gave up.

Hate seeing Day is going to be the monster chalk this week, really hate playing such high chalk but not sure what to do about that now, just hope people are put off by it a little considering its kinda been on the cards all week

Ah ya I'll throw in a few teams next week or 2 no doubt but it'll be very few

I also like Reed as a pivot!

I ah can never call Reed right, could be a good shout always a guy I like to own when in contention though as he is not afraid of winning unlike many others

https://www.tourjunkies.com/blog/northerntrust2020keystats/

The FedEx Cup playoffs begin this week on the PGA Tour as the boys head to TPC Boston for the Northern Trust. There are now 124 players in this field (V.Taylor WD), and the T65 and ties will make the weekend. FedEx Cup points are needed for the bubble boys as only the top 70 in the FedEx Cup standings will get to play next week at the BMW Championship. If you’re betting on the golf action this week or playing DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel, then these key stats are a critical starting point for your research. I’ve only included the players in this week’s field for reference. As always, all of the stats are courtesy our friends at Fantasy National Golf Club.

TPC Boston is and Arnold Palmer design that Gil Hanse redesigned (and made more difficult) a few years back. At around 7,342 yards, this par 71 is a bombers paradise with wide fairways, slightly larger than average greens, wind as it’s only real defense. Past champions over the last five years at TPC Boston include; Bryson Dechambeau (pre steroids), Justin Thomas and Rory Mcllroy. We’ve got 3 par 5’s with only really 2 that are “gettable”. The par 3’s play quite long and require shot distances over 200 yards for 3 of the 4. The greens are bent grass and very fast, similar to Augusta National. We’ve also seen a handful of players mention how tricky the greens can be to read, so experience at TPC Boston may be something to consider. At the end of the day, we’re looking heavily at driving distance, SG: Approach, and long term SG: Putting on bent grass.

1. Strokes gained tee to green from last time they played at TPC Boston (2018 Dell): 1. Watson 2. Mitchell 3. Koepka 4. DJ 4. DeChambeau 5. Grillo 6. Ancer 7. Woodland 8. Rose 9. Finau 10. Cantlay

2. Historical GIR leaders are TPC Boston (min 8 rounds): 1. List 2. Casey 3. Scott 4. Cantlay 5. DJ 6. McIIroy 7. Fowler 8. Berger 9. Woodland 10. Glover

3. Strokes gained putting leaders last 50 rounds on Bent that also rank in the top 100 in ball striking: 1. Na 2. Spieth 3. Rose 4. Horschel 5. English 6. Fowler 7. Kisner 8. Hadwin 9. Day 10. DeChambeau

4. If I make a custom model with courses that are 7200-7400 yards, bent greens, and extremely fast greens, your top 10 in total strokes gained are: 1. Rahm 2. Fowler 3. Cantlay 4. McIIroy 5. DeChambeau 6. DJ 7. Finau 8. Leishman 9. Matsuyama 10. Rose

5. If I make another model with JUST strokes gained ball striking on courses that are 720-7400 yards, long rough, and average to difficult in scoring your top 10 are: 1. Cantlay 2. McIIroy 3. Casey 4. DJ 5. Scott 6. Bradley 7. Morikawa 8. Matsuyama 9. Rose 10. Woods

6. Top 10 in opportunities gained the last 12 rounds: 1. Koepka 2. Wolff 3. Henley 4. Horschel 5. Palmer 6. List 7. Piercy 8. Moore 9. Davis 10. Norlander

7. Strokes gained on the par 5’s will be the most important at TPC Boston this week, so top 10 in strokes gained on the par 5’s are: 1. McIIroy 2. Streelman 3. Day 4. Morikawa 5. Schauffele 6. JT 7. Rahm 8. DeChambeau 9. Cantlay 10. Reed

8. Top 10 in GIR’s gained the last 12 rounds: 1. Henley 2. Oosthuizen 3. Wolff 4. Morikawa 5. Koepka 6. List 7. Schauffele 8. Redman 9. Day 10. Kokrak

9. The two highest approach shot distribution buckets this week are 150-175 & 200+, so top 10 in proximity are: 1. Morikawa 2. HV3 3. Reavie 4. JT 5. Lowry 6. Matsuyama 7. Mickelson 8. Grillo 9. Kokrak 10. Scott

10. Top 10 ‘values’ on DK compared to FanDuel pricing: 1. Fowler 2. Ancer 3. Im 4. Fleetwood 5. Kisner 6. Na 7. Horschel 8. Davis 9. Oosthuizen 10. Rose

• Advertisement

I'm going to drop wolf ive too much chalk, probably too much recency bias going on, 20% projected ownership is too much.

Just too volatile and unpredictable at that ownership

Edit: last post of the night: adding in a decent amount of dahmen

Definitely keeping Wolff
    I don’t fully understood the hang up with ownership. If your team is below the salary cap by a couple of hundred At least - still have a strong chance of a unique lineup?

Definitely keeping Wolff
    I don’t fully understood the hang up with ownership. If your team is below the salary cap by a couple of hundred At least - still have a strong chance of a unique lineup?

Ya it's not all. About being unquie it's just hard to win big if you have all. The chalk without being perfect.

Also. Its an issue of leverage on a volitile or unknown player (sample size still small) like as is said is he 3 times a better player then the ones around him on 5% or so.

Like. You have to eat the chalk sometimes I just wasn't prepared to do it on wolf after doing it on a few others

Finau comes in at the highest in the end anyways :)

Byeung An with one of the worst rounds I've ever followed on **** tracker a painful watch

This is cool not sure how up to date it is but nice free info

https://sites.google.com/view/dkdfspga/Live-Leaderboards-and-SG

Byeung An with one of the worst rounds I've ever followed on **** tracker a painful watch

Ouch, hopefully he hasn't crippled too many teams!

This is cool not sure how up to date it is but nice free info

https://sites.google.com/view/dkdfspga/Live-Leaderboards-and-SG

Yeah, that's cool alright, cheers.

What does “chalk” mean in DK terminology?
    It’s Related to high ownership... but how?

What does “chalk” mean in DK terminology?
    It’s Related to high ownership... but how?

I'm only familiarising myself with that expression the last few weeks, yes it means highly owned, highly favoured players but where it comes from I've no idea tbh and googling it didn't really shed any light on it. Mick is the resident Pat Mayo so maybe he can fill us in!

Regards this week! Disappointing day from my core, Bryson, Day and Finau all stumbling out of the blocks, need big rounds from them tomorrow, cut probably gonna be at least -3 and maybe -4, assuming conditions are similar as today. Wolff the only one who performed.

I could also do with Doc Redman scorching the course tomorrow, my best team points wise by a distance after Day1 has him being the only blemish, Thomas -3, Scott -5 , Wolff -6, Henley -7, English -7 completes the rest of the team. Let's go Doc!!

Ya I'm not really sure where the term originates from but chalk is the highest owned guys,

For better or worse I try avoid some of it most weeks especially if I can avoid the highest one depending on how I feel about them.

Didn't see finau coming in highest this week which is a shame I'd have had no bother jumping off a guy who so rarely wins

Nice teams there PU hopefully redmon gets going for you anything can happen when a course is given up lots of birdies

Awful start again this week for me feel like I'm over thinking it a bit, after a brutal day I had to laugh when Henley nearly holed out for albatross, I jumped off hap tong at the pga after playing him for over a year or more religiously too so maybe I'll post my anti tips up in future.

Byrson is annoying could have been 3 4 easily 2 under in the first 3 and then bogeys the drivable par 4 with a 3 putt.

Irons were awful after that though he deffo runs hot headed when he feels he should be doing better.

DJ was superb t2g as was wolf.

No real run from any of the 10k guys yet so I feel like I could get out of jail if big bryson gets on a run.

Although JT looked very good after a poor start.

Hatton seems happy with his game he is usually pretty honest in his interviews.

Best of luck with yer teams tomorrow

DeChambeau and Finau BOTH playing terribly thus far, running out of time.

• Advertisement

Ya thats it for Bryson nothing on that par 5 after 2 awful bogeys and thats that outside of a miracle 6 under in 9 holes

Ya thats it for Bryson nothing on that par 5 after 2 awful bogeys and thats that outside of a miracle 6 under in 9 holes

Not watching, just following shot tracker, looks like Bryson is all over the place.

I dodged a bullet by switching from Bryson to DJ
    But Wolff and Luis Oosthuizen are the only other guys performing.
    Lowry and Champ will probably MC
    Reed needs a few birdies

Not watching, just following shot tracker, looks like Bryson is all over the place.

Ya was the same with shot tracker
    I dodged a bullet by switching from Bryson to DJ
    But Wolff and Luis Oosthuizen are the only other guys performing.
    Lowry and Champ will probably MC
    Reed needs a few birdies

If Djs gets the putter rolling he could do damage but tis a big if.

Danny Lee was the answer this week it seems :(

59 watch scottie schelfer par 5 on last

Nice shooting Scheffler, I have zero of him! :mad:

Ya same and I nearly clicked him twice in my 2 showdown teams today but went elsewhere :pac:

DJ off to a flier

Not going great, i suppose it only takes one team to do well, it won't be one involving Finau, DeChambeau or Day though by the looks of it! I pick em well!

Not going great, i suppose it only takes one team to do well, it won't be one involving Finau, DeChambeau or Day though by the looks of it! I pick em well!

Ya ive potenitally 4 who get get through with 6 but day is on 3 of them, at least he hit one good iron shot now :D

Just played the toughest stretch 2.

But ive next to no one up top so even still its hard to put together a good score twud take all kinds of miracles, looking like another write off

Edit day with another shocking iron by the looks of it, now im just hoping he doesnt WD

Also DJ 5 ft for another eagle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Only had a single entry and unfortunately doc Redman ruining things for me with my other runner

DJ
    Hatton
    Tiger
    Grillo
    Horschel

Advertisement