Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

367 Days

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

God it feels good to be talking jumps lads!
    I will watch the arc, but i couldn't really give a shi*e tbh
    Roll on Chepstow

Anyone see anything to oppose Shishkin in the Arkle?
    Darver Star perhaps?

If they sent Goshen over the fences he would give Shiskin a run for his money. He would have more respect for a fence than a hurdle.

It also depends what goes fencing this year. Fusil Raffles could be decent.

Also Thomas D'arby or even Quel Destin? Nicholls or Olly Murphy would like a runner in the Arkle and their connections would also. Couer Sublime?

i think the only way to beat the market for the Arkle is to have few AP punts now, basically throw a few Hail Mary's in there. At 7/2 Shishkin is no value, especially if he falls twice and lines up at 25/1.

Klassical Dream is interesting, but the bookies don't look too fussed, available at 20's.

I mean the Champion Hurdle looked weak enough last year. It could well be that owners may target the race this year, nicer prize money than the Arkle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Rogers first outlandish statement of the season

ABACADABRAS WILL WIN THE CHAMPION HURDLE

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'm with you on both Shiskin and Abacadabras. Think that race last year will turn out to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Hope Aba wins the CH having backed but i will also back Saint Roi at 20/1 ew as there should be loads more to come and although got weight off Aramon in the County he won impressively. He’s entered Sunday over hurdles.

What bets have ye done lads?
    I have a double on Shishkin and Abacadabras and i have a single on Percy
    small money both of them tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

mug money on percy ;P

What bets have ye done lads?
    I have a double on Shishkin and Abacadabras and i have a single on Percy
    small money both of them tbh

None so far Raj, and I am possibly the biggest degenerate on this forum.

I am currently considering an ew punt on Jean Claude Rouget's Fillie in the Arc, waiting patiently for the draw to be announced.

If Leeds win the Premiership I will get a nice few bob also.

The only Cheltenham value i have seen AP thus far is taking a punt AP on the novice chases, literally Hail Marys on horses like Quick Grabim or Mount Leinster or Getaway Trump - with a view to them improving a stone over fences, it happens with 1 or 2 every year.

The only real value in AP is for connections who know what the targets are. It allows industry to get a head start on laying also. Melon is 20/1 for the Ryanair or 25's for the Queen Mother, he is going to get up one of these years? In saying that he could easy start at those prices on the day?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Leeds :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The Mig wrote: »

Now we understand the name....

The Mig wrote: »
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Now we understand the name....

13/2 to beat City at tea time on Saturday.

Fill your booties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    None so far Raj, and I am possibly the biggest degenerate on this forum.

I am currently considering an ew punt on Jean Claude Rouget's Fillie in the Arc, waiting patiently for the draw to be announced.

If Leeds win the Premiership I will get a nice few bob also.

The only Cheltenham value i have seen AP thus far is taking a punt AP on the novice chases, literally Hail Marys on horses like Quick Grabim or Mount Leinster or Getaway Trump - with a view to them improving a stone over fences, it happens with 1 or 2 every year.

The only real value in AP is for connections who know what the targets are. It allows industry to get a head start on laying also. Melon is 20/1 for the Ryanair or 25's for the Queen Mother, he is going to get up one of these years? In saying that he could easy start at those prices on the day?

:D:D

I have 27 cents on Everton to win the league
    no lie!

I have 27 cents on Everton to win the league
    no lie!

At 50's 1/3 price ew they are not a bad bet. Ancelottii is no mug?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Dickie10

would there be a good chance we will have cheltenham behind closed doors this march 2021?

Dickie10 wrote: »
    would there be a good chance we will have cheltenham behind closed doors this march 2021?

Nearly certain the way its going, only other thing might be course members only for spectators side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Dickie10 wrote: »

Long odds on that there'll be a few hundred at it, if anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Dickie10

you mean short odds on it being behind closed doors?

I'd say most likely scenario is Cheltenham will go ahead with only owners, trainers, yard staff, jockeys and club members in attendance
    Very hard to see general public getting in

that said, the PL seem pretty confident they will have spectators in stadia by Christmas, and the UK are not as hell bent on Zero Covid as we seem to be so, maybe...

One thing is for sure, the DRF will be behind closed doors this year which is so sad when you consider the whole Faugheen Day and all that entailed last year with the crowds

I reckon this virus when it starts vanishing will vanish very quickly. I would not write off a full Cheltenham just yet, it is not due to start for another 5 months.

Aintree will be on. Cheltenham would also have the option of a later meeting if things were improving. Organisers can expect a serious revenue bounce when things start getting back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I reckon this virus when it starts vanishing will vanish very quickly. I would not write off a full Cheltenham just yet, it is not due to start for another 5 months.

Aintree will be on. Cheltenham would also have the option of a later meeting if things were improving. Organisers can expect a serious revenue bounce when things start getting back to normal.

Why is it going to start vanishing?

• Advertisement

Why is it going to start vanishing?

I wrote a letter to the ghost of Paul Daniels.

He is getting on it.

Aintree cancelled last year as they said it was no good behind closed doors, fairyhouse did likewise
    Hard to see them following suit this year if its still hanging around

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

First AP Cheltenham bet done in recent days. Few quid on Captain Guinness at 20s in the Arkle. Will likely keep backing him over the next few weeks.

To me he looks the value currently. Shiskin was very impressive in the Supreme but this fella was running a really nice race until being brought down 2 out. Could have been in the shake up only for that.

Probably with as good a trainer of a chaser that there is so in my eyes should improve plenty for fences. Henry also has a good record in the race over the years.

No doubt Shiskin is an excellent prospect but I'd sooner take my chance with this fella at the prices.

KevH1984 wrote: »
    First AP Cheltenham bet done in recent days. Few quid on Captain Guinness at 20s in the Arkle. Will likely keep backing him over the next few weeks.

To me he looks the value currently. Shiskin was very impressive in the Supreme but this fella was running a really nice race until being brought down 2 out. Could have been in the shake up only for that.

Probably with as good a trainer of a chaser that there is so in my eyes should improve plenty for fences. Henry also has a good record in the race over the years.

No doubt Shiskin is an excellent prospect but I'd sooner take my chance with this fella at the prices.

He’s a great ew bet considering the Arkle will be a small field and he will likely win the Irish trials and be 7/1 or so on the day plus he was a good hurdler and look what Henry did with Notebook jumping last year who was an average hurdler!!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

One I'll be keeping an eye on is Pic D'orhy for the Arkle. Nicholls always said he would be much better as a chaser and then he went and won the Betfair hurdle. He's very bullish about the horse comparing him possibly to Azertyioup.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

madmoose wrote: »
    He’s a great ew bet considering the Arkle will be a small field and he will likely win the Irish trials and be 7/1 or so on the day plus he was a good hurdler and look what Henry did with Notebook jumping last year who was an average hurdler!!

I see the Captain is down to run in a beginners chase tomorrow in Tipperary. Looks a decent race but he'll be a short price if he runs (around evs I'd say). The 20s for the Arkle is gone about a week so I've been filling my boots at 16s since, still value. Hopefully he goes well tomorrow with a solid round of jumping and the price will contract more. The dream is still alive at this stage at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

KevH1984 wrote: »
    I see the Captain is down to run in a beginners chase tomorrow in Tipperary. Looks a decent race but he'll be a short price if he runs (around evs I'd say). The 20s for the Arkle is gone about a week so I've been filling my boots at 16s since, still value. Hopefully he goes well tomorrow with a solid round of jumping and the price will contract more. The dream is still alive at this stage at least.

Bet365 had him priced up at evens earlier. Madness.
    Missed that but happy out with 8/11.
    Will be scratching my head if he doesn't go off closer to 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Pp have him down from 25/1 to 16/1 before hes even ran

He has to beat

Aramax - Fred Winter winner
    Soviet Pimpernel - Graded Hurdle winner
    Entoucas - Hurdle winner
    Exit Poll - looks useful
    Rebel Gold - won twice since June
    Excepted - Could be anything
    Dis Donc - Noel Meade is flying

There is only one horse of the 15 that is still a maiden, the rest are all winners.

+ 12 -13 fences?

I don't think he is a 1/2 shot at all. In fact he can win all day at that price if you ask me. But would you not think there are a few handier 1/2 shots floating around?

Just saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

No horse is value at 8/11 first time out over fences. Surely?

Advertisement