Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

• 29-02-2020 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

First post.

We need more money!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Second post.

Do I win anything for the first post?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

In like Flynn ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

6 in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,694 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dublin to level the playing field...

Outsourcing-Level-playfield.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Slattsy wrote: »
    First post.

We need more money!

They need to start giving you lads some home matches- all these games at neutral venues are unfair on the dubs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Just back home we really made poor use of our possession looking for the extra pass or giving the ball away too many times and once again running towards the corners and getting bottled up .we seemed to be so slow again working the ball up the field .League final place now difficult would have liked to have the extra game .Lots for the management to ponder .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Couple of thoughts from the game.
    1: that game had no business being played.
    2: we need to start playing the fall over after minimal contact game.
    3: Tyrone should be banned from the league and have the points deducted after the disgraceful scenes in the tunnel. Seeing Tyrone fans getting involved and throwing punches is a stain on the game and needs to be stamped out. Any of those Yahoo's involved need to be banned from all GAA grounds as well.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

JRant wrote: »
    Couple of thoughts from the game.
    1: that game had no business being played.
    2: we need to start playing the fall over after minimal contact game.
    3: Tyrone should be banned from the league and have the points deducted after the disgraceful scenes in the tunnel. Seeing Tyrone fans getting involved and throwing punches is a stain on the game and needs to be stamped out. Any of those Yahoo's involved need to be banned from all GAA grounds as well.

Plus I love the way Micky Harte brushed off the antics in the tunnel with the wee smile and said it was not much. For a fella that is so holy and religious, it is always the main contradiction with the man.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Plus I love the way Micky Harte brushed off the antics in the tunnel with the wee smile and said it was not much. For a fella that is so holy and religious, it is always the main contradiction with the man.

I don't say this lightly because I love the sport and have done since I was a nipper but the footage I've seen of the tunnel incident is a thundering disgrace. Tyrone should be docked those points and have to play behind closed doors for a year or two minimum. Lads getting attacked by fans leaving the pitch at halftime is a stain on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭conor05

Just because he is holy and religious doesn’t mean he is not beneath the teachings of thuggey, scumbaggery and aggression which all of his Tyrone managed teams have in abundance.

As a Dub, I took great delight in Dublin beating Tyrone In 2018, could never beat that shower enough times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

JRant wrote: »
    I don't say this lightly because I love the sport and have done since I was a nipper but the footage I've seen of the tunnel incident is a thundering disgrace. Tyrone should be docked those points and have to play behind closed doors for a year or two minimum. Lads getting attacked by fans leaving the pitch at halftime is a stain on the game.

Is that what happened? Really unclear on TV

Is that what happened? Really unclear on TV

There's one realy clear clip of a few Dublin players getting a fair few slaps from players, backroom staff, and a few fans, all at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

kieran. wrote: »

That is awful looking stuff. If it was other sports there would be uproar.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

kieran. wrote: »

Hard to see whats going on there. Few digs been thrown by both sides. Be nice to find out what or who started this unsightly row.

Hard to see whats going on there. Few digs been thrown by both sides. Be nice to find out what or who started this unsightly row.

There should absolutely be an investigation into what happened. We can't allow teams be attacked liked that regardless of who or where they come from. If that happened in CP/Parnell with Dubs fans throwing slaps at another teams players it would be all over the news.

Yes it shouldn't be glossed over the serious nature of it. And as another poster rightly pointed out, Micky Harte kind of joking about it post game was a little off putting. Disgraceful scenes once again in Tyrone. Really hope the GAA punish the perpetrators accordingly (whatever that may be).

Yes it shouldn't be glossed over the serious nature of it. And as another poster rightly pointed out, Micky Harte kind of joking about it post game was a little off putting. Disgraceful scenes once again in Tyrone. Really hope the GAA punish the perpetrators accordingly (whatever that may be).

24 hours later....The GAA have been very quiet though. What I’d like to see is someone release a statement along the lines of ...

“ it’s come to out attention that at half time there was an incident involving Tyrone and Dublin, the GAA won’t tolerate any violence, threatening behavior or intimidation either on the pitch or in the tunnel / dressing room area either before, during, at half time or after the game. The wellbeing and safety of players, officials, staff, volunteers and supporters is paramount and anyone involved in compromising the safety and wellbeing of players, staff, volunteers and supporters will be dealt with accordingly.”...

Those scenes were disturbing, let’s see whee the GAA stand as regards having the bottle to act and lay down a marker...(I have my doubts, a slap and a warning the likelihood) if they don’t its only going to encourage more scenes like we saw... hit them with a big fûck off fine, reduced / ban on ticket allocation for away championship games until they get their act together and players, supporters and officials of opposition teams can go about their evening without fear of getting assaulted. Bunch of fûcking dirtbags. Actually a closed doors home game might soften their bite.

Strumms wrote: »
    24 hours later....The GAA have been very quiet though. What I’d like to see is someone release a statement along the lines of ...

“ it’s come to out attention that at half time there was an incident involving Tyrone and Dublin, the GAA won’t tolerate any violence, threatening behavior or intimidation either on the pitch or in the tunnel / dressing room area either before, during, at half time or after the game. The wellbeing and safety of players, officials, staff, volunteers and supporters is paramount and anyone involved in compromising the safety and wellbeing of players, staff, volunteers and supporters will be dealt with accordingly.”...

Those scenes were disturbing, let’s see whee the GAA stand as regards having the bottle to act and lay down a marker...(I have my doubts, a slap and a warning the likelihood) if they don’t its only going to encourage more scenes like we saw... hit them with a big fûck off fine, reduced / ban on ticket allocation for away championship games until they get their act together and players, supporters and officials of opposition teams can go about their evening without fear of getting assaulted. Bunch of fûcking dirtbags. Actually a closed doors home game might soften their bite.

Nail on head. Action needs to be taken here. Meely mouthed words will not suffice.

Nail on head. Action needs to be taken here. Meely mouthed words will not suffice.

Problem is the lack of words, so far, if it happened in Parnell Park and Tyrone or Kerry or Meath were on the receiving end there would be uproar, let’s see if the shams in HQ have the nerve, the interest or the want to do the right thing, unlikely given the silence so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭shockframe

Hard for the GAA to do much about this without video evidence.

This isn't an open fight like Meath-Mayo 96.

shockframe wrote: »
    Hard for the GAA to do much about this without video evidence.

This isn't an open fight like Meath-Mayo 96.

Certainly to sanction teams CCTV evidence would need to be available that would cover the instigation to the actual interactions... unlikely that the mob in Healy park would be willing to hand it over, in fact they might not be legally able to even.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

I love how Ewan McKenna let his mask slip saying Dublin deserved that, disgraceful comments and why is it usually Tyrone involved and the holier than holy act from Mickey Harte wears very thin

Really better just to ignore ewan McKenna completely do not give him the satisfaction of knowing he is getting anybody's gander up we are all fully aware of his thoughts on Dublin and he won't change .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Really better just to ignore ewan McKenna completely do not give him the satisfaction of knowing he is getting anybody's gander up we are all fully aware of his thoughts on Dublin and he won't change .

True but the more his employers see him for what he is the less work he hopefully will get

Unfortunately he has been spouting bile for a few years now but appears to keep a roof over his head . He most likely gets a huge kick out of annoying us Dubs .

Have never read McKenna. Not out of spite. Just dont buy newspapers in years and isn't he with the Indo who are under a pay wall online?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I only see two dig sthrown from the Dublin side, which is by a fella in a black trackie top

Other than that, It's all Tyrone lads swinging

The tunnel looked packed to the rafters. What kind of stewarding allowed that? It was a very dangerous incident that luckily didn't result in serious injury. In my opinion the majority of the blame lies with Tyrone: no way all those people should have been allowed crushed in the tunnel and fighting like out of control balloobas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭big_drive

Padraic Joyce kept Galway on the pitch last week vs Tyrone at halftime. Left Tyrone head away in first, clever move

Both teams shouldn't head in together at halftime in any GAA game, always opens possibility of something happening

Advertisement