Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

digiman wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Ireland where you can charge 200km in 10 mins?

https://www.electrive.com/2019/06/11/tesla-raises-model-3-charge-capacity-to-200-kw/

The new ionity chargers are pretty quick at 1200km per hour which is 20km per minute which is 200km in 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

I don't think so. The Ionity Cashel and Ionity Gorey by the time the first cars ship will be completed, I think, but so far they are limited to 175 kW only which is about 25 kWh charged in 10 minutes and that won't quite get you 200 km at motorway speeds. Maybe up to 150 km per 10 minutes?

Wouldn't be suprised if some of the Tesla chargers got updated from 120 kW between now and September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭ted1

eddhorse wrote: »
    https://www.electrive.com/2019/06/11/tesla-raises-model-3-charge-capacity-to-200-kw/

The new ionity chargers are pretty quick at 1200km per hour which is 20km per minute which is 200km in 10 mins.

Can the car continuously charge at that rate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

ted1 wrote: »
    Can the car continuously charge at that rate ?

I think most electric cars never do continuously do it at any rates.
    They start off small and increase and then start slowing down after a certain input.
    So that's why they say you should stop at 90% as it will take longer for the last 10%.

tesla-model-3-ladekurve-nach-update-fastned.png

• Registered Users Posts: 64,771 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Not yet. Tesla superchargers will be updated to V3, so you can charge a current Model 3 at 250kW (max)

This means a charge of the LR model from 20%-80% in about 10 minutes for a 250km motorway range at 120km/h

With the current superchargers you'll get 200km motorway range in about 20 minutes.

With the current Ionity CCS charger in Ireland, you'll get 200km motorway speed in about 15 minutes

Both still not too shabby :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

samih wrote: »
    I don't think so. The Ionity Cashel and Ionity Gorey by the time the first cars ship will be completed, I think, but so far they are limited to 175 kW only which is about 25 kWh charged in 10 minutes and that won't quite get you 200 km at motorway speeds. Maybe up to 150 km per 10 minutes?

Wouldn't be suprised if some of the Tesla chargers got updated from 120 kW between now and September.

Model 3 recently got an update to charge at up to 200 kW. One of the people over on the UK Model 3 Facebook group charged their Model 3 at an Ionity charger and got 191 kW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

hatrack wrote: »
    Model 3 recently got an update to charge at up to 200 kW. One of the people over on the UK Model 3 Facebook group charged their Model 3 at an Ionity charger and got 191 kW.

The question was in Ireland though where the Ionity chargers are 175 kW max and do just over 150 kW max on Model 3 based on the graph above. Which for a L40 driver like myself feels totally out of this world.

samih wrote: »
    The question was in Ireland though where the Ionity chargers are 175 kW max

All Ionity chargers are 350kW, but only the ones with the liquid cooling in the cables are enabled for that. Not sure if the Irish ones already have these cables. If not, they are limited to 175kW

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    All Ionity chargers are 350kW, but only the ones with the liquid cooling in the cables are enabled for that. Not sure if the Irish ones already have these cables. If not, they are limited to 175kW
    The UK ones have been enabled for 350kW (CCS2), I would presume the ones here are too

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Another record in EV registrations in Norway, almost 50% in June and Tesla overtaking all other brands in H1

https://electrek.co/2019/07/01/tesla-best-selling-brand-norway-electric-cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Currently trying a Tesla wall connector at a hotel in a non-Tesla car and the charge session won’t start.

The hotel has 3 wall connectors and two of them are signed as Tesla only and the one I’m trying is supposed to work on any Type 2 car but the charge session won’t start.

I do have one green light on the wall connector. Have also tried the reset button on the wall connector and it did its reboot but no change.

Is there is any magic to getting a Tesla wall connector to work on a non Tesla car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

KCross wrote: »
    Currently trying a Tesla wall connector at a hotel in a non-Tesla car and the charge session won’t start.

The hotel has 3 wall connectors and two of them are signed as Tesla only and the one I’m trying is supposed to work on any Type 2 car but the charge session won’t start.

I do have one green light on the wall connector. Have also tried the reset button on the wall connector and it did its reboot but no change.

Is there is any magic to getting a Tesla wall connector to work on a non Tesla car?

Nope I charged my Ioniq at Sneem Hotel destination chargers, drove up plugged in and got a charge.

They default to Tesla only. An internal switch can turn them to any car. Nothing you can do about it short of opening the charger and "fixing it" :p

Perhaps the installer never changed this. Might help if you mention the hotel, some others might have stayed there and tried.

If no luck, did you bring granny charger and long extension lead? :D

jusmeig wrote: »
    Nope I charged my Ioniq at Sneem Hotel destination chargers, drove up plugged in and got a charge.

Is the button on the cable/connector just for Tesla’s to open the charge port door and not relevant to other cars?

They default to Tesla only. An internal switch can turn them to any car. Nothing you can do about it short of opening the charger and "fixing it" :p

Perhaps the installer never changed this. Might help if you mention the hotel, some others might have stayed there and tried.

If no luck, did you bring granny charger and long extension lead? :D

They tell me other non Tesla’s have used it and they have the 3 of them clearly labelled with two of them Tesla only and the 3rd one for the commoners! ;)

Have the granny cable. They’ve offered an extension lead but I need a specific car space to free up to be able to use it. That’s Plan B if there is no other wisdom here!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

In case of my Ioniq it would take couple minutes after plugging in to start charging on those chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Is the button on the cable/connector just for Tesla’s to open the charge port door and not relevant to other cars?

Yep, it'll only open a Tesla's charge port door.. very handy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

September1 wrote: »
    In case of my Ioniq it would take couple minutes after plugging in to start charging on those chargers.

Why? I plugged in and got a charge straight away at Sneem Tesla destination chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

jusmeig wrote: »
    Why? I plugged in and got a charge straight away at Sneem Tesla destination chargers.

I wonder why as well, as all other chargers public and private would start charging immediately after plugging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭carloscorreia

• Advertisement

Prices of used model X are now below £60k for the first time.

EG: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183912500143?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭carloscorreia

Tesla launches car insurance in California.

Maybe one day will be available in Ireland :rolleyes:

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-insurance-launched-price-details/

I'm normally not bothered by any "Big Brother" theories, but that is a bit scary!

Premium goes up if you do a few more than average ludicrous starts, drive a bit more than average over the speed limit? Tesla know everything about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

I'm normally not bothered by any "Big Brother" theories, but that is a bit scary!

Premium goes up if you do a few more than average ludicrous starts, drive a bit more than average over the speed limit? Tesla know everything about you.

Over here little boy...... would you like a sweetie?........

The insurance companies here are already encouraging drivers to install boxes in their cars that monitor accelerations, with the carrot of lower premiums. The days of spirited but safe driving are numbered for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Thought this might be of interest to some of ye here.

Interview and pass takes place from 16:28

George from t1racedevelopments famous for a record breaking 2000+hp R35 GTR is doing the 2019 Hot rod drag week in his P100d Tesla. He's aiming to be the first EV competitor to complete the week.

Day 1 he went 10.475 the WR is 10.44

Interview at 14:00 Quarter mile pass at 24:02
    Day 2 he went 10.41 claiming the WR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Model S P100D+ with close to 1000bhp, 3 motors, michellin super cup tyres, advanced cooling coming soon

0-100 2.1 secs
    0-200 8.7 secs

Spotted on test track

https://insideevs.com/news/370327/tesla-model-s-p100d-reveal/

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Has anyone looked at the CCS charger adapter/retrofit yet? With Ionity doing well, I'm considering it.
    I have an earlier 2019 car, so should have the hardware required, and just need the adapter.

thos wrote: »
    Has anyone looked at the CCS charger adapter/retrofit yet? With Ionity doing well, I'm considering it.
    I have an earlier 2019 car, so should have the hardware required, and just need the adapter.
    Someone said on the facebook group they had it, were charging at Ionity. Apparently you get a ranger out to do it for you, there's a hardware change for all non raven models (if you have an earlier 2019 car you'll need the hw change).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

**** just got real...

2015 90d, 40k miles, 21 turbines, black next gen interior, subzero package, high fidelity sound, 4 year warranty on everything, 5 year battery and drivetrain.

i wanted a pano roof but **** it, ill live without..

• Advertisement

Very nice, well wear!

You bought from Tesla Ireland? How much on the road if you don't mind me asking? Autopilot 1 I presume?

Advertisement