Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

that place is full of good lakes for piking/tench/bream

try lough rinn at the sheep walk for good feeder fishing and a nearby lake for tench fishing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Maybe the locals were telling us porkies!

http://www.angling-in-ireland.com/pages/McHugh.html

http://www.chaflynnscottage.com/localfisheries/

I might go back this weekend for a serious fish my friend has a house at Essin bridge 5 min from the lake, so maybe a better picture coming soon.
    They said that the little river in Essin has just got a stock Brown Trout, The stream was full of trout fry!. I saw a fair sized adult leap for a fly at the bottom of my friends garden so we messed around with a couple of tiny mepps for a while and he got a little perch! Funny old day that!

damn your hide sir! you have a life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 williamsrk

hi lads just found this site think its great LOVE fishingthought i would send you a few pics of my catches from the west this is my young lad with a 7lb 6oz tench witch i caught in june

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

nice tench..
    nice lake too!..
    what lake is it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 williamsrk

adonis wrote: »
    nice tench..
    nice lake too!..
    what lake is it??
    the lake in question is between ballyhaunis and knock its called lakehill tench pond its great crack in summer months and i thought when i caught this it was an irish record heres some more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

hey man that is a nice tench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

WHAT DID THE TENCH TAKE?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

http://www.corkaghpark.com/uploads/media/image-gallery/Picture%200008.jpg

rainbow trout..:rolleyes:
    also tat day he cot a 3lb carp :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Two nice bass today,biggest about 3lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

wat did you catch them on?

• Advertisement

shblob wrote: »
    wat did you catch them on?

Ragworm.
    Had been fishing with lug for an hour and didnt get a bite.The minute i put the ragworm on i got the first fish and caught the second two casts later.

nice :)

shblob wrote: »
    nice :)

One of them just fed three people!!
    Gonna have the other tommorow!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

just a few from a session last weekend

4lbs bass
    55cmbassnorthwexford290ls5.jpg

schoolie caught on a rapala j11
    stevebasssunafternoonsecb3.jpg

5lbs 1 oz starry smoothound
    bild0091ks5.jpg

5lbs 3oz common smoothound
    stevecommonsmoothiesunexn4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

some nice fish there mr crow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Marcus Tan

This is my first pike and i caught it at Finnea. Lough Kinale river. Bout 50 cm.

Just when you're about to go home wet,cold and stinking of rotten bait,This fellah comes along for the craic! God love the doggies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭coillcam

Was at a "secret" read pretty inaccessible little lake near Mullingar today. Absolutely sickened today not to have a camera with me. My cousin and I got a bag of Roach today and then as light began to dissipate, 5 fabulous Rudd. I'd only ever caught one tiny Rudd before today and was ecstatic to come across them. Usually would only fish for Pike, Carp, Tench and Trout. A great evening.

Dalkey-Lobster

Ramor-Perch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Crimbo

Coillcam "My cousin and I got a bag of Roach today"

You make it sound like the fish were put in a bag to take home ...i hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭captainjack

Wednesday night the 5th. 6lb and 4 1/2lb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Northwestangler

Hi does any of yous know where is the best place in the dublin area to catch pollock. or is there even pollock on the east coast at all

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley

Hi does any of yous know where is the best place in the dublin area to catch pollock. or is there even pollock on the east coast at all

theres loads of pollock along the east coast.
    jus have to try harbour walls, rocky shore and kelp beds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Northwestangler

thanks for your quick reply to my message. But i know the conditions and type of ground to fish polock in but i mean where exactly on the east coast near dublin should i go to. Anyhelp you had on this would be great

thanks for your quick reply to my message. But i know the conditions and type of ground to fish polock in but i mean where exactly on the east coast near dublin should i go to. Anyhelp you had on this would be great

You'll catch pollock in howth harbour.Use a ragworm and a float or fish on the bottom with ragworm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Crimbo

Lad's i don't mean to be a moaner but the amount of fish i see pictured on this forum still hooked and hanging from a treble hook makes me sick. In case you didn't know a lot of damage can be done to a fish when it is hung from it's gills. I think some of you should spend more time learning to handle a fish properly than rushing to get a picture taken. If you can be bothered spending money on tackle and taking photos i think you owe it to the fish to handle them properly.
    P.S. don't get me started on the open naming of venues here :mad:

Oh and captain jack i hope those pike were not destined for a pot.

Crimbo, they look like Bass, not pike .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

just a few from last year

pollock 14lbs 12oz for my father

DSCF5269.jpg

a thornie

DSCF4391.jpg

dublin bay wrasse

DSCF4451.jpg

and a pike

DSCF5146A.jpg

didnt do a lot this year, roll on 2009!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley