Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Nugget89

beertons wrote: »
    Did anyone see TG4 tonight? Raging I missed it. Hopefully I catch it on repeat.

https://www.tg4.ie/en/player/online-boxsets/play/?pid=6230420488001&series=Laochra%20Gael&genre=Faisneis

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I tweeted TG4 and they linked me to the programme. I knew most of it anyway, but was great to see it all on the one show. Kinda forgot about Buckley being out against Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ross Glavin has stepped away from the senior management team for personal reasons and will be replaced by Emmet McDonnell

2021 panel has been named. Ben McCormack and Matty Byrne have stepped away for work commitments. Good to see a few new names there.

Aaron Masterson (Moorefield), Adam Steed (St Laurence's), Alex Beirne (Naas), Barry Kelly (Athy), Brian McLoughlin (Clane), Chris Byrne (Clane), Con Kavanagh (Sarsfields), Conor Hartley (Sarsfields), Daniel Flynn (Johnstownbridge), Daragh Ryan (Sarsfields), Darragh Kirwan (Naas), Darragh Malone (Allenwood), David Hyland cpt (Athy), Eoin Doyle (Naas), Fergal Conway (Celbridge), Jack Robinson (Clogherinkoe), Jack Sargent (Eadestown), James Robinson (Round Towers), Jimmy Hyland (Ballyteague), Kevin Feely (Athy), Kevin Flynn (Celbridge), Liam Power (Raheens), Luke Flynn (Johnstownbridge), Mark Dempsey (Moorefield), Mark Donnellan (Maynooth), Mark Glynn (St Laurence's), Mick O'Grady (Celbridge), Neil Flynn (Maynooth), Niall Kelly (Athy), Paddy Brophy (Celbridge), Paddy McDermott (Naas), Paul Cribbin (Johnstownbridge), Ryan Houlihan (Moorefield), Shane O'Sullivan (Clane), Shea Ryan (Sarsfields).

Footballers beat Cork 2-12 to 0-14. Goals from Kevin Flynn and Jimmy Hyland. Daniel Flynn went off with a hamstring injury hopefully won't be too serious.

Hurlers destroyed Donegal 4-29 to 0-14. Waste of time for both teams Kildare playing at a higher standard

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

You can wath this on gaago for a fiver btw

https://www.gaago.ie/fixture/PL5-21-F-W3O

Some second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

You can wath this on gaago for a fiver btw

https://www.gaago.ie/fixture/PL5-21-F-W3O

Some waste of money

2-18 to 1-8 win over Laois coupled with Cork beating Clare sees us top the group and go on to face Meath in the semi final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

We owe these a good beating after last year but I just doubt we can keep them away from goals we only conceded 2 goals in 3 games so far so hopefully that's a sign of improvement in that department.

Some comeback yesterday in the hurling.

Started fast against Meath today. Great performance.

Good weekend, 2 promotions secured. Unfortunately a few injuries picked up for Jimmy, Feely and a serious one for Paul Cribbin. Luke Flynn received a straight red so imagine he'll be suspended for championship opener

What did Flynn do?

beertons wrote: »
    What did Flynn do?

Wasn't picked up on camera but commentator said it was a stamp on Meath players ankle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Anyone see the knee to the head on k flynn

Always a good day putting them back in their box and them throwing their toys out of the pram at the end made it all the sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Petermc83

with the refurbishment due to commence towards the end of the year for StConleths Park, where will the team play the Div1 home league games next season? PortLaoise?

Petermc83 wrote: »
    with the refurbishment due to commence towards the end of the year for StConleths Park, where will the team play the Div1 home league games next season? PortLaoise?

Hopefully we've a great record there!

A Clareman here. I want to congratulate the Kildare posters and GAA fans alike after the Lilywhites secured an extraordinary 1 point win over Wexford in the Leinster U20 Hurling Championship in Newbridge this evening. Two last grasp points from the Cill Dara men secured a 0-16 to 1-12 over their Model County counterparts. A huge win for Kildare hurling!! Fair dues and well done to one and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Wexford man here. Well done to your under 20 hurlers. There are some fantastic athletes on that side and no shortage of spirit or stickmanship either. That score to win it was class. Hopefully ye can make a real breakthrough now with this side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Grats

A Clareman here. I want to congratulate the Kildare posters and GAA fans alike after the Lilywhites secured an extraordinary 1 point win over Wexford in the Leinster U20 Hurling Championship in Newbridge this evening. Two last grasp points from the Cill Dara men secured a 0-16 to 1-12 over their Model County counterparts. A huge win for Kildare hurling!! Fair dues and well done to one and all.

I might add, Kildare lead all the way until the last minute or so of injury time.

Well how are we felling about Sunday? I personally think we'll be doing well to keep it to 10 points unfortunately given our injuries. I just hope we give a good account of ourselves to cap a good year with promotion to div 1 and a long overdue Croke park win in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

I reckon it'll be closer to 15 unfortunately. The lack of interest is so obvious. I've very little interest in it myself.

Seems like a long long time ago since I wouldn't miss games like this for the world. Alas the GAA ruined that on us all.

Yeah I really hope you're wrong but unfortunately I don't think you are I'm going in myself for my sins.

The game is a sellout albeit at 18k but I know what you mean it's nothing compared to the Leinster finals of 98 00 02 03 and 09 the excitement worry anticipation and hope beforehand were unreal the atmosphere before and during the game the big game feel all that taken from us by the GAA and their financial doping of Dublin.

Proud of the lads after that and if it wasn't for some wayward shooting particularly in the first half we'd have been a lot closer but we've a young team with plenty to build on. Up the Lillies

If they converted all the shots that dropped short in the first half, they'd have gone in level at half time.

Post edited by beertons on

Absolutely 4 dropped short and some shocking wides mostly from poor Ben McCormack who should really have been hooked as well even during the 3rd quarter where we were outplayed and outscored 6-3 we had 2 shocking wides from Luke Flynn and Neil Flynn so we were in the game the whole way.

There's plenty to build on and for the first time in a good few years I'm looking forward to next years league and championship. O'Connor has brought the average age down and given youth a chance many of these lads are still learning and division 1 next year will be a massive asset for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

Looks like you were a lot closer than I was with the outcome. That's the pessimist in me.

The shots that dropped short were a killer really even if they gave the team a much needed boost at that particular time. Dan Flynn really is an enigma. He is a seriously talented footballer and what a goal. I see some are questioning the legitimacy of the goal and the bias of the referee. I think it's more a case of how dare they score a goal against us, rob McCarthy of the ball of dump Cooper on his ass. Of course the never noticed the amount of time the Kildare players hand was tackled without getting a free.

Small green shoots to work with. Baby steps and all that.

• Advertisement

Yeah some of the Dublin whinging was gas I thought the ref gave them everything at one point Conway was slapped in the head while he had the ball and play on another time Hyland popped the ball out of a dublin hand fair and square free give and on the other hand anytime they went down a soft free was given.

Yeah green shoots like you said we're a team heading the right way for the first time in a few years.

Advertisement