Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

classics on the tube

• 07-01-2021 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Just thought it would be handy to have somewhere to share interesting vids or links to channels involving classic cars

I'll start it with this channel - seems fairly new, deals with young timers mostly it seems

Classics World

I also watch this chap - he has some Jags so I do watch

Living with a classic

And of course Soup Classics - just for the dedication it must take to make his videos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

no one else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bus Boy

Harry's Garage?

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Harry's Garage?

yes, brilliant. been a fan for years, my wife crys with laughter when she sees Harry weighing a car or looking at the quality of the welding under the bonnet.
    Its proper anorak stuff !

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

With no particular order of preference, I following the following on youtube:

Hubnut: messing with cars in Wales, into the small, unusual and dreadful cars, does good reviews of classic cars

This Week with Cars: American guy that fixes Austin Healys, other british cars, A series engines. Knowledgeable and humble guy.

Jonathan W: From North Carolina, he's a tow truck driver by trade, but a talented mechanic / engineer. Buys and sells lots of old cars and revives a lot of cars from the dead. He's working on an old dragline currently. No nonsense down to earth guy

Hagerty: Mainly for Barn find Hunters with Tom Cotter, most of their other content and presenters are a bit too 'American' for me

The Late Brake show: with Jonny Smith. Some of his videos are interesting to me, not really the electric stuff though. Very high quality productions

Harrys Garage and Harrys Farm: as mentioned above, great quality videos, not all to my taste but he is very interesting to listen to

Big Car: for the story and history videos of the different models he has done

ROVR: for the period dealer training videos, owner advice and advert videos from long ago

Paul Shinn: for all things Model A

Ruairidh MacVeigh: really interesting videos and history of cars, planes, trains, etc... very well narrated

Jay Leno's Garage: for detailed videos about his own cars and other interesting ones he features. Interesting man to listen to

Thames TV: for all the old car and motoring shows from days gone by.

Testacalda wrote: »
    With no particular order of preference, I following the following on youtube:

Hubnut: messing with cars in Wales, into the small, unusual and dreadful cars, does good reviews of classic cars

This Week with Cars: American guy that fixes Austin Healys, other british cars, A series engines. Knowledgeable and humble guy.

Jonathan W: From North Carolina, he's a tow truck driver by trade, but a talented mechanic / engineer. Buys and sells lots of old cars and revives a lot of cars from the dead. He's working on an old dragline currently. No nonsense down to earth guy

Hagerty: Mainly for Barn find Hunters with Tom Cotter, most of their other content and presenters are a bit too 'American' for me

The Late Brake show: with Jonny Smith. Some of his videos are interesting to me, not really the electric stuff though. Very high quality productions

Harrys Garage and Harrys Farm: as mentioned above, great quality videos, not all to my taste but he is very interesting to listen to

Big Car: for the story and history videos of the different models he has done

ROVR: for the period dealer training videos, owner advice and advert videos from long ago

Paul Shinn: for all things Model A

Ruairidh MacVeigh: really interesting videos and history of cars, planes, trains, etc... very well narrated

Jay Leno's Garage: for detailed videos about his own cars and other interesting ones he features. Interesting man to listen to

Thames TV: for all the old car and motoring shows from days gone by.

Its because of all of this that I gave up my subscription to MotorTrend today.
    We truly never had it so good for viewing !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ratarossa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

liam7831 wrote: »
    Ratarossa

Yeah I like watching his videos. Also Samcrac is a good watch as well.

Advertisement