Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

Klonova10 wrote: »
    Where does the training take place ?:)

On the Bus !! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lockoo

Anyone no when they are taking in new drivers after medical, would it before or after xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Lockoo wrote: »
    Anyone no when they are taking in new drivers after medical, would it before or after xmas?

They are taking on 6 new drivers into the school every week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

They are taking on 6 new drivers into the school every week.

Is that to facilitate social distancing? Or would numbers normally be that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

GT89 wrote: »
    Is that to facilitate social distancing? Or would numbers normally be that?

That's normal numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Bertie21

Lockoo wrote: »

When did you do the medical ?

From what i remember it takes however long for them to get the class of 6 drivers together and the teachers lined up.
    They do it in batches.
    It actually took almost 2 months from passing medical to start date when I was going through last year.
    5 weeks from passing medical to getting the phone call.
    Yours could move quicker,,, I guess it depends on how the school is lined up
    However long , its worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rocket1983

Been lurking long enough in the background I said twas time to register with boards, very informative forum. I just passed the medical for Dublin Bus today so I'm delighted about that I think its the references next not sure to be honest. The medical was quite thorough I wasn't expecting that as I've done medical for Dublin Airport before and compared to that the Dublin bus one was quite extensive. So fingers crossed now I get past the references and finally get some good news,after all its been **** be nice finish with new job or start new year with new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

With all the extension to service and more expansion they are short as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CloneeBohs

Hi all, just got the email to go for assessment and interview.

Doing shift work 14 years so it doesn't bother me but in my current jobs we survive on swaps, is this a thing in DB and if so how does it work? Can you just swap start times or can you swap days aswell. Can somebody cover you and you owe them a day down the line?

Wouldn't be a deal breaker either way but would be good to know.

TIA

Rocket1983 wrote: »
    Been lurking long enough in the background I said twas time to register with boards, very informative forum. I just passed the medical for Dublin Bus today so I'm delighted about that I think its the references next not sure to be honest. The medical was quite thorough I wasn't expecting that as I've done medical for Dublin Airport before and compared to that the Dublin bus one was quite extensive. So fingers crossed now I get past the references and finally get some good news,after all its been **** be nice finish with new job or start new year with new job.

Congrats on getting past the medical.
    That pretty much means you are in.
    Yeah it is extensive for obvious reasons.
    New year , New career.
    Best of luck

• Advertisement

CloneeBohs wrote: »

Doing shift work 14 years so it doesn't bother me but in my current jobs we survive on swaps, is this a thing in DB and if so how does it work? Can you just swap start times or can you swap days aswell. Can somebody cover you and you owe them a day down the line?

TIA

I cant speak for every depot but swapping duties is definitely possible in the garage I am at.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rocket1983

Bertie21 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting past the medical.
    That pretty much means you are in.
    Yeah it is extensive for obvious reasons.
    New year , New career.
    Best of luck

Thank u so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

TIA

You can occasionally. There are whatsap swap groups. Depends if it suits someone else. And if the inspector oks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

You can occasionally. There are whatsap swap groups. Depends if it suits someone else. And if the inspector oks it.

It also has to fall within the working time act rules

With the new restrictions, will my driving assessment be pushed back? Due on the 13th of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

With the new restrictions, will my driving assessment be pushed back? Due on the 13th of this month

Unless the HR Dept contact you to the contrary,then it will proceed as notified.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Just got the call to say it was called off until we leave level 5, hopefully it all still goes to plan

Just got the call to say it was called off until we leave level 5, hopefully it all still goes to plan.

Im sure it will.
    They are still going to need more drivers.

Are new drivers likely to be assigned night shifts on the 15/39a/41 or are these optional like the nightlinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Are new drivers likely to be assigned night shifts on the 15/39a/41 or are these optional like the nightlinks?

Optional at the moment but I'm sure there's something in their contract that they would have to work them if required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

Hi,
    I completed the online written assessment last night, the invitation email stated i should have received an automated email reply when completed i haven't received this, should I get onto them to ask if it submitted or is this normal.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭LastStop

Yeah, it's in the contract they have to work the nights if required, They have enough volunteers at present but if more routes go 24hrs they will probably need to use spare drivers.

LastStop wrote: »
    Yeah, it's in the contract they have to work the nights if required, They have enough volunteers at present but if more routes go 24hrs they will probably need to use spare drivers.

I wonder in the future will they advertise specifically for night only drivers once more routes go 24hr. Think that's how it works in London

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭LastStop

I wonder in the future will they advertise specifically for night only drivers once more routes go 24hr. Think that's how it works in London

Wouldn't see them restricting themselves. current contract covers it if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

LastStop wrote: »
    Wouldn't see them restricting themselves. current contract covers it if necessary.

It does? So a new driver may have to do 24hr ?

Im there 5 years. its definite not in my contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

It does? So a new driver may have to do 24hr ?

Im there 5 years. its definite not in my contract.

It does, currently we were asked if we'd like to do a night shift but it's not forced.

It does, currently we were asked if we'd like to do a night shift but it's not forced.

What hours would a Nightshift be?

What hours would a Nightshift be?

From 4 pm typically onwards to say around 4 to 6 am or so....

Variety of duties on this.

From 4 pm typically onwards to say around 4 to 6 am or so....

Variety of duties on this.

Really are they that long?

• Advertisement

Really are they that long?

No some start much later then that.

Advertisement