Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Technician Apprenticeship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

BJUSTINA97 wrote: »
    you should definitely try applying in your area!!!
    I know they have selected firms you can work with but i have found my own place and it was no problem! it makes the job easier for them :)
    What exactly do you mean? How did you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Garzard

Vladi_ wrote: »
    What exactly do you mean? How did you do that?

I presume s/he means they didn't wait for accounting companies to ring back and instead rang around a few companies themselves?

I would never think of that. :O Fair play to you!
    I've emailed them for an update on my application but I'm not optimistic. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Dubh73

Not much of an update except an email saying I have been sent to employers Aug 1st. Still haven’t heard anything?

Dubh73 wrote: »
    Not much of an update except an email saying I have been sent to employers Aug 1st. Still haven’t heard anything?

I got the same email today. No more hope though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Twigg21

Hi anyone get a call about an interview yet? I’m beginning to lose all hope. Constantly checking my email.

Nope and to be honest I have given up completely on it.

Nope and to be honest I have given up completely on it.

They seem to be dragging it out until the very end there is an information day Organised for next week for anyone that still wants to apply.

Why are they still looking for applications I believe their are plenty waiting to hear back.

Why are they still looking for applications I believe their are plenty waiting to hear back.

I'm wondering the same thing. No way none of us is good enough to be interviewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Garzard

Vladi_ wrote: »
    I'm wondering the same thing. No way none of us is good enough to be interviewed.

That former colleague of mine who I previously mentioned earlier in the thread and who failed the phone interview showed me an email today he got from Accounting Technicians Ireland suggesting that he apply for the fulltime degree (this isn't government subsidised in the way the apprenticeship is though and apparently doesn't have the option of paid training with an employer unless possibly with summer internships). Same qualification out of it, just structured differently.

Garzard wrote: »
    That former colleague of mine who I previously mentioned earlier in the thread and who failed the phone interview showed me an email today he got from Accounting Technicians Ireland suggesting that he apply for the fulltime degree (this isn't government subsidised in the way the apprenticeship is though and apparently doesn't have the option of paid training with an employer unless possibly with summer internships). Same qualification out of it, just structured differently.

That's all great but I can't afford that.

Has anyone any news at all?? Even from ATI? This is the last week to be called for interviews isn’t it??

Twigg21 wrote: »
    Has anyone any news at all?? Even from ATI? This is the last week to be called for interviews isn’t it??

Yeah... haven't heard anything. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jimny

Hi all,  
    I've applied for this apprenticeship, can you tell me is there a way to view your application you originally submitted?  I'd like to double check everything to see what I actually wrote. 
    Can I do this? Also only at phone interview stage. I know, I'm late to the game but can you give me a breakdown of what I need to know from my application or the kind of thing I can expect to be asked for the phone interview?  
    Replies and comments asap much appreciated . 
    Thanks all.

jimny wrote: »
    Hi all,  
    I've applied for this apprenticeship, can you tell me is there a way to view your application you originally submitted?  I'd like to double check everything to see what I actually wrote. 
    Can I do this? Also only at phone interview stage. I know, I'm late to the game but can you give me a breakdown of what I need to know from my application or the kind of thing I can expect to be asked for the phone interview?  
    Thanks all.

The phone interview they ask what you know about the apprenticeship, why you want to do it, how will you manage to study and how will you prepare for an interview with an employer. Basically the questions you would of answered in the application.

Twigg21 wrote: »
    Hi all,  
    Thanks all.

The phone interview they ask what you know about the apprenticeship, why you want to do it, how will you manage to study and how will you prepare for an interview with an employer. Basically the questions you would of answered in the application.
    thanks for the quick reply 
    There's no way to view my application then?  I should have saved a copy before submitting it. 
    So it's just the questions they mention on the apprenticeship website. 
    Have you heard from them lately,  you got a place on the programme?

thanks for the quick reply 
    There's no way to view my application then?  I should have saved a copy before submitting it. 
    So it's just the questions they mention on the apprenticeship website. 
    Have you heard from them lately,  you got a place on the programme?

Yes basically just those questions. no place......yet 😜 but I emailed them yesterday and they said there still few places left that they’re pushing employers to fill the spots and applications are been sent out to them again this Friday 🀞🽠As the programme Is due to commence on the 4th Sept.Such a long and slow process.

Hi all, Does anyone here who has had an interview with a company know how long after their application was sent out to employers they got word of an interview ? Know what I mean? The last batch of applications has gone out to employers today so how soon should we hear back about an interview ? Anyone know?

Lot of mixed messages going around. Some say this is the last week of interviews so if you haven’t got one by now it isn’t happening. I have been told that some employers haven’t taken up the offer yet so hard to figure out what’s happening. I haven’t heard from an employer.

• Advertisement

I haven't heard back from them since 3 weeks ago. Definitely over for me. :( Heartbroken.

Ah Vladi I am so sorry. I didn’t hear anything either although when I contacted them they said employers in the Waterford had still not filled positions. I reckon those employers are not interested. I have taken maternity cover and am enrolling myself on the stepped payments by distance learning program 😞

Ah Vladi I am so sorry. I didn’t hear anything either although when I contacted them they said employers in the Waterford had still not filled positions. I reckon those employers are not interested. I have taken maternity cover and am enrolling myself on the stepped payments by distance learning program 😞

I don’t know what’s going on with them. I was told the same, that there was still positions and I’m in for the Monaghan area.

I honestly believe the number of employers interested in the program v the employers actually taking an apprentice is the issue. Obviously just because they expressed an interest doesn’t mean they have to take one on and considering it’s starting next week I think that ship has sailed 😞

I received an invite to interview today with a very large firm this week, who claim on their website to be in the top 20 accounting firms in Ireland.

The thing is it's over 50km away for me. I'm going to interview although not sure if I can get the time off work to do so just yet. I just wonder about the expense of the commute relative to the salary of the apprenticeship.

Anyone else hear anything today?

As I understand from ATI there are still plenty of large private and public firms and smes who ATI are working with who recieved the last batch of applications. I also understand that there's also the possibility of applications being resent out this week.

Anyone here tried contacting prospective employers directly? I was thinking that might be the way to go at this late stage.

Hi Jimmy

From what I believe payment is minimum wage. Some employers may add a small rate to this but in general apprenticeships salary is low. The program is 5 days-4 in house and one at the college so I am not sure how many hours the employer pays for -it may be 32? Definitely something to check out and you might let us know how it goes.

I received an invite to interview today with a very large firm this week, who claim on their website to be in the top 20 accounting firms in Ireland.

The thing is it's over 50km away for me. I'm going to interview although not sure if I can get the time off work to do so just yet. I just wonder about the expense of the commute relative to the salary of the apprenticeship.

Anyone else hear anything today?

As I understand from ATI there are still plenty of large private and public firms and smes who ATI are working with who recieved the last batch of applications. I also understand that there's also the possibility of applications being resent out this week.

Anyone here tried contacting prospective employers directly? I was thinking that might be the way to go at this late stage.

Sure 50km is grand, it’s only about a 30 min drive. Good luck with your interview...let us know how it goes.

The apprenticeship has started today. Has anyone heard anything at all? haven’t so I presume they’ve decided that they will just let people guess if they have got the apprenticeship or not. Very bad form in my opinion!!

Well I don't have to guess if I've got the apprenticeship because I never even got an interview. I find them unprofessional and the whole thing left some dodgy feeling about them. It just doesn't make any sense.

• Advertisement

Nope not a thing. I have enrolled to do it distance learning. Didn’t realize all the extra add on costs :-( credit card getting a serious bashing.

Advertisement