Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not without me horses boss. Free housing rejected

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Fnuck your free council house, I've a horse outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Tzardine wrote: »
    Fnuck your free council house, I've a horse outside.

It's not all bad though.

This could well be the answer to the "other" issue (now locked) under discussion here.

These houses look rather ideal for the lady who is so vocal about Homelessness at the moment,and it would be rather a good piece of PR were the "authorities" to make that offer to her.

Either that,or the local Garda Station better check it's availability of stables ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

It's 6:49 am and already people have left for work. Paying their taxes for this.
    You all need to let your local political reps. know what you think of this.
    Who to vote for though? We need a more economically right of centre party to vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Yawn.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

1.7M + VAT - 2 million for 5 houses, 400k a house. Not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Can't wait to hear that gobsh1et John Connors or those gobsh1tes pavee points comments on this

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Seems like a huge oversight by the council. If they were going to the trouble of spending the equivalent of €350,000 per house (inc vat) times 6 then surely it would have crossed their minds that they’d want to bring their horses.

That’s aside from any argument on value for money, bending over backwards, homeless figures, priorities etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Seems like a huge oversight by the council. If they were going to the trouble of spending the equivalent of €350,000 per house (inc vat) times 6 then surely it would have crossed their minds that they’d want to bring their horses.

That’s aside from any argument on value for money, bending over backwards, homeless figures, priorities etc etc.

If these people wanted a house so bad then sacrifices have to be made.

Many people want pets but can't due to their location and homes situation, this us no different.

They can't have their cake and eat it too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

€1,718,670, plus VAT.

Looks like de guberment are robbing them again.

Maybe some Penny’s vouchers will sort them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

"Tipperary County Council has said it is in
    discussions to try and resolve the problem".

Um, give them to someone else. These fcukers had their chance and they rejected it.

€1.7 Million......fcuk me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

This is a very important case. If the council relent and provide stables then this will set a standard going forward. It will mean that every single traveller accommodation forever will need to have land and stables.

Then there is the question of non travellers are being discriminated against if they don’t get land and stables too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

There’s no Homeless Crisis, it’s an Entitlement Crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

In reality, I see this ending with a deal for a communal piece of land for the horses. No one would move into the houses if the camp is going to remain across the road so the houses are pretty worthless unless occupied by these families.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Tipp Council spare no expense on traveller funding

A similar small development was built in Roscrea over a decade ago and the houses were trashed and the residents upped and left. Why? Probably some fued. I know the representatives blame councils for putting the wrong families together.

They spent €465,000 on a house in Ballina and while Tipp is most desirable county in Ireland :cool: that was still a ridiculous price, even at Celtic Tiger levels. Maybe that’s a normal price in Dublin not Tipp. Protests were held regarding the traveller family getting the house. In the end it “mysteriously” burned down so nobody moved him.......

When the N52 bypass was due to open caravans were put onto the verges around Nenagh and delayed the opening. This went on several weeks until the legal eagles got them moved. This was before legislation was changed. Back then you needed 10k for a high court injunction as it was a civil matter not a criminal one. Parking in hotel car parks and demanding money to leave was the same tactic. They did it to the Abbey Court in Nenagh who responded by laying stone barriers around them to block them in haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

If they want their culture they should feck off and pay for it themselves.
    The politician establishment who panter to such nonsense need a kick up the hole, no wonder populism is on the rise across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I thought their culture was nomadic? Why have they lived in the same place for 50 years? Why do they even want to move into to a dwelling, that is a permanent structure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Self entitled good for nothing leeches.
    If they can’t obtain the land and facilities by their own means to care for their “beloved” horses the ispca should step in and confiscate the horses on a welfare issue and the council should give the houses to genuine people in need who would appreciate them and then tell the ones who refused the property to rev up and fcuk off with themselves.
    Jokeshop of a country.a free house for the bhooys and a brand new van parked outside with no visible income and no questions asked.
    And the rest of us busting a gut working just to barely get by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Pkiernan wrote: »
    This banana republic of hours is screwed.

How dare the government take so much of my income and waste it on sacks of human garbage like these.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/families-wont-move-into-17m-homes-without-stables-and-land-37394115.html

Sacks of human garbage, how delightful. Funny how discrimination is allowed on this site, as long as it's directed at travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sexmag wrote: »
    If these people wanted a house so bad then sacrifices have to be made.

Many people want pets but can't due to their location and homes situation, this us no different.

They can't have their cake and eat it too

I agree. A free house is a free house. But they built these specifically for these people in the first place and apparently were including accommodation for their horses to start with. Now whether they’re entitled to this or not is another matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Funny how they can dictate they want stables and half and acre of land each ,

Give the homes to families and evict this extended families from the lands surrounding them ,

Culture my ass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Are they registered horse owners and are the horses microchipped as per the law of the land which the councils are to inforce. The ordinary joe tax paying public is registered for love of their horses. One law for one group and not for the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'm of a seafaring maritime culture, my grandfather was a harbourmaster.
    I demand culturally appropriate accomodation with pontoon and boathouse on my free, forever home, foreshore property, and one for my entire extended family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭ Tara Late Suicide

AnneFrank wrote:
    Sacks of human garbage, how delightful. Funny how discrimination is allowed on this site, as long as it's directed at travellers.

Get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭enricoh

Sure the travellers might as we whip the copper cylinder, solar panels and lead etc out of the houses while this impasse is on.
    The council will just replace the stuff anyway. If I had a business in tipp it would gall me paying council rates for this lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I agree. A free house is a free house. But they built these specifically for these people in the first place and apparently were including accommodation for their horses to start with. Now whether they’re entitled to this or not is another matter

If someone built me a free house worth 350k, and at the start I'd said "I want a balcony to have barbeque's on in the summer", and then when it was finished they said "well sorry, we couldn't add the balcony, but here's your free 350k house"...

I'm pretty sure I'd fecking take it anyway.

<snip>

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Sounds to me like they never wanted or asked for those houses in the first place.
    Surely if they had asked, they would have been clear about what their requirements are?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Shenshen wrote: »
    Sounds to me like they never wanted or asked for those houses in the first place.
    Surely if they had asked, they would have been clear about what their requirements are?

Requirements?

You are actually blaming the Council for this?

I'm out of this thread before it gets too gobshytery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Shenshen wrote: »

That's their M.O. ask for one thing, and when that is delivered change tact and say you wanted something slightly different. Rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    There’s no Homeless Crisis, it’s an Entitlement Crisis.

Yes there is. Not everyone in the country can be on big wages, you’ll always have low earners. They need somewhere to live too. Council housing is the best way to do this, not forcing them to rent off private landlords or even vulture funds and subsidizing the rent, all you do there is increase the gap between the richer and the poorer.

Don’t tar everyone with one brush, the Travellers in this case can pay full livery for stables just like anyone else who owns a horse does.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement