Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liege

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,090 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

tomofson wrote: »
    So basically it wasn't islam no matter what, okay gotcha.

I thought you were blaming feminism 10mins ago.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Those damn Mormons.

They do know their languages .. (including alien)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

pjohnson wrote: »
    I thought you were blaming feminism 10mins ago.....

When did I state feminism had a part to play in the liege attack?

I said feminism is the reason that young man murdered in louth a few days ago got such little media coverage compared to jastine valdez and ana kriegel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

So basically it wasn't islam no matter what, okay gotcha.

No & blaming Islam makes you a racist.
    ..... even though the perp was white.... Don't ask me, I don't make the rules!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

weisses wrote: »
    I can make mentally unstable people eat their own poo .. So surely a Prison environment can radicalize a nutter and make him say Allahu Akbar

Or is that to far fetched

Well none of us know, we are only commenting on what the news are reporting. We know what you think now anyway.

• Advertisement

wexie wrote: »
    Found it a bit odd they wouldn't just come out and say it.

Do they ever though?

Was he on leave or just finished his sentence (that's what I read, or at least how I interpreted it).

If he was on leave I'd imagine there'll be some words had with whoever signed off on that.

What I read is that he was on a short leave .... Something he already did a dozen times before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Two threads about the same incident so they're merged to keep the discussion in one place.

Buford T. Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Amalgam wrote: »
    Wahhabism does not encourage respect of others, it does not want to integrate with Jews, Hindus etc.

A generation of people with a low skill set and education are being taught that, their religion means everyone else should get on their knees, or else..

Wahhabism is a pile of **** - but let's face facts.

The reason that there is a big up surge in terrorist attacks has less to do with religion and more to do with the fact that half of European countries plus the good ol' U.S of A, have been bombing the bejaysus out of the middle east for donkeys years, to free them or some such shít, I can't remember why exactly but it definitely has nothing to do with the oil - that's just coincidental.

What goes around, eventually comes around.

You know what really breeds contempt? The killing of hundreds of thousands of people for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I'm gonna be really blunt here and horribly insensitive - but what the f*ck?

Honestly, look at the difference between reactions here when it's a school shooting by a white male and a shooting done by an immigrant* who "failed to integrate"?

They are both crimes, done by sick, sick individuals and there is absolutely no need or reason to push personal racial agendas on the matter.

Literally all threads like this somehow end up extreme Muslim bashing whereas there's nowhere near the amount of vitriol when it's a young school shooter off his rocker in the US?

Maybe it's because we all know US is fooked up beyond belief and these school shootings have morphed out of the going postal shootings of the 80s/90s.

And it is in the USA, not over the road in UK, France, Belgium.
    You know countries whose citizens can actually wander in here and live as part of their EU membership or in the case of UK as part of the long standing agreement between us.

Oh and as we have seen and as one side are so fond of telling us, it aint really immigrants that are at fault most of the time, a lot of these attackers are home grown.

And like this guy some of them were not you know born and reared as muslims, they converted.

Funny no matter how you want to spin this, it boils down to fact they were fundamentalist muslim.
    It's not that they were brown, black, white.
    It's not that they were immigrant or native.
    It's not that they were poor or rich.
    It is purely their religious beliefs at time of death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

thebull85 wrote: »
    Do they ever though?

Well...no, I just don't understand why.

If you mention someone became radicalized I find it a bit irresponsible not to mention radicalized in what.

Either don't mention it at all, or just clarify it.

There was a Dutch politician years ago who was murdered. Due to his outspoken views on Islam (and a bunch of other things) everybody quickly assumed he was killed by a muslim with an axe to grind. Turned out it was a radicalized (and quite disturbed) animal rights activist :confused:

Well none of us know, we are only commenting on what the news are reporting. We know what you think now anyway.

As did I

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The reason that there is a big up surge in terrorist attacks has less to do with religion and more to do with the fact that half of European countries plus the good ol' U.S of A, have been bombing the bejaysus out of the middle east.

Yep.

It's a FACT that Jihad never existed before 2003.

(and other memes that even a retarded toddler would be too smart to believe)

The reason that there is a big up surge in terrorist attacks has less to do with religion and more to do with the fact that half of European countries plus the good ol' U.S of A, have been bombing the bejaysus out of the middle east for donkeys years

The old blame the west chestnut, its a while since ive seen anyone have the balls to use that.

Well...no, I just don't understand why.

If you mention someone became radicalized I find it a bit irresponsible not to mention radicalized in what.

Either don't mention it at all, or just clarify it.

There was a Dutch politician years ago who was murdered. Due to his outspoken views on Islam (and a bunch of other things) everybody quickly assumed he was killed by a muslim with an axe to grind. Turned out it was a radicalized (and quite disturbed) animal rights activist :confused:

They reported that he shouted allahu akbar and that he radicalized in prison

I dont know how much clearer you want it ?

And I dont recall people thinking he was killed by a muslim .... He was cought straight away and all the witnesses reported a white man fleeing the scene and he was caught after a couple of minutes

everlast75 wrote: »
    Boards - this was a muslim attack!!!

*turns out not to be*

Boards - um... well... maybe not this time..
    but it's only a matter of time blah blah blah

Don't you mean.

this was a muslim attack!!

No it is not, it is an attack by a mentally deranged individual.

This was a muslim attack, he had been radicalised and shouted allah ackbar !!

Not all muslims are terrorists and he was unstable mentally.
    Besides PIRA, catholic church, paedophiles, car accidents, ...

But Fundamentalist muslims are a problem.

They are only a tiny number.

But Fundamentalist islam needs to be addressed and no more unvetible muslim immigrants should be allowed into Europe.

YOU ARE A RACIST.

but he was white and islam is not a race.

YOU ARE A RACIST.
    YOU ARE A RACIST.
    YOU ARE A RACIST.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

You mean like when Islamic State claim credit for the attack?
    To be fair I left the dinner in the oven too long and burned it. Got an email three hours later from ISIS claiming they were behind it all.

jmayo wrote: »
    Don't you mean.

this was a muslim attack!!

No it is not, it is an attack by a mentally deranged individual.

This was a muslim attack, he had been radicalised and shouted allah ackbar !!

Not all muslims are terrorists and he was unstable mentally.
    Besides PIRA, catholic church, paedophiles, car accidents, ...

But Fundamentalist muslims are a problem.

They are only a tiny number.

But Fundamentalist islam needs to be addressed and no more unvetible muslim immigrants should be allowed into Europe.

YOU ARE A RACIST.

but he was white and islam is not a race.

YOU ARE A RACIST.
    YOU ARE A RACIST.
    YOU ARE A RACIST.

Breath in ........... and out

As did I

Well it sounded like your are of the opinion that this is some mentally ill individual that shouted allah akbar just because he may of heard someone say it in prison.

Thats not unlike people blaming Islam with no evidence it had anything to do with Islam.

Wahhabism is a pile of **** - but let's face facts.

The reason that there is a big up surge in terrorist attacks has less to do with religion and more to do with the fact that half of European countries plus the good ol' U.S of A, have been bombing the bejaysus out of the middle east for donkeys years, to free them or some such sh I can't remember why exactly but it definitely has nothing to do with the oil - that's just coincidental.

What goes around, eventually comes around.

You know what really breeds contempt? The killing of hundreds of thousands of people for money.

Care to explain the existence of boko haram ?

Care to explain why an entire muslim family all went on suicide missions in Indonesia to attack christian churches ?

Were Nigeria and Indonesia bombing the Middle East ?

• Advertisement

They reported that he shouted allahu akbar and that he radicalized in prison

I dont know how much clearer you want it ?

Report I read only stated he was radicalized in prison and didn't mention anything about him shouting anything. Radicalized doesn't necessarily mean Islam is what I meant and if that bit of information is available why not mention it?
    radicalize :to make someone become more radical (= extreme) in their political or religious beliefs:
    And I dont recall people thinking he was killed by a muslim .... He was cought straight away and all the witnesses reported a white man fleeing the scene and he was caught after a couple of minutes

I guess we both remember it a bit differently so.

Anyways, not overly interested in debating semantics, just thought it was odd they mentioned he was radicalized with mentioning anything.
    Like I said I guess we'll just have to assume from now on radicalized means 'into Islamic beliefs'

Billy86 wrote: »
    To be fair I left the dinner in the oven too long and burned it. Got an email three hours later from ISIS claiming they were behind it all.

What was the dinner ?
    I haven't had my lunch yet. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

The moment they gave him his 72 virgins bullets.

https://twitter.com/zhengxiaodan/status/1001423778814025729?

Just sound, nothing to see.

Well it sounded like your are of the opinion that this is some mentally ill individual that shouted allah akbar just because he may of heard someone say it in prison.

Thats not unlike people blaming Islam with no evidence it had anything to do with Islam.

No I said
    So surely a Prison environment can radicalize a nutter and make him say Allahu Akbar

To be honest the thought has occurred to me that sooner or later someone's going to figure out that doing just that will be very useful in committing suicide by cop.

Report I read only stated he was radicalized in prison and didn't mention anything about him shouting anything. Radicalized doesn't necessarily mean Islam is what I meant and if that bit of information is available why not mention it?

I guess we both remember it a bit differently so.

Anyways, not overly interested in debating semantics, just thought it was odd they mentioned he was radicalized with mentioning anything.
    Like I said I guess we'll just have to assume from now on radicalized means 'into Islamic beliefs'

No I get what you mean ... Its the various Belgium reports I was reading that mentioned both the shouting part and the radicalization in prison .. That's why I linked it to Islam automatically

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

To be honest the thought has occurred to me that sooner or later someone's going to figure out that doing just that will be very useful in committing suicide by cop.

Confirmed for Religion of Peace?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Not really.
    Unless you also have a couple of guns with you.

May 4th in The Hague the pharmacist from Syria there tried to cut the throat of 3 people with a knife while screaming their favourite slogan and he was shot in the leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

The old blame the west chestnut, its a while since ive seen anyone have the balls to use that.

We have a much better life in any western country than we ever would in any muslim country any time in history, I think somewhere deep down even the muslims know that.

It could be a source of their anger, the fact they could never create civilizations as free and prosperous as ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

We have a much better life in any western country than we ever would in any muslim country any time in history, I think somewhere deep down even the muslims know that.

It could be a source of their anger, the fact they could never create civilizations as free and prosperous as ours.

That's ok so. Sure fire off an email saying that to some of the victims families, I'm sure they would understand and accept it all a bit better.

Advertisement