Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

10 people shot dead in Texas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭jaykay74

ameirecan wrote: »
    Say it with me folks:

NOTHING TO DO WITH IRELAND

Now let's get back to discussing Israel and Palestine.
    ameirecan wrote: »
    B-b-but muh palestine

pay attention to meeeeee

Strange fella

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Sorry, but who in Ireland cares...

Yeah, who in Ireland cares that 8 kids were shot in killed because of a silly legislation in a country that we are very close to. What kind of utter MORON would actually give a sh*t about kids dying? I mean, you'd have to ... wait, no, feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Greysquirel09

Another boards thread on America's gun laws (rolls eyes). Guys they aren't changing the gun laws get over it. You don't live there you don't get the culture. It's the culture of violence needs addressing not banning guns.

Another boards thread on America's gun laws (rolls eyes). Guys they aren't changing the gun laws get over it. You don't live there you don't get the culture. It's the culture of violence needs addressing not banning guns.

no, it's definitely banning the guns that needs addressing.

Also it's an internet forum, of course people will discuss world news like this, if you don't want to, then don't come into the thread complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

The easy availability of guns has done nothing to make America or Americans safer.

More guns = more gun deaths.

More guns = more gun deaths.

Oh, hello Michael Owen, I didn't know you were on boards :)

Cina wrote: »
    no, it's definitely banning the guns that needs addressing.

Also it's an internet forum, of course people will discuss world news like this, if you don't want to, then don't come into the thread complaining.

They aren't EVER banning guns. 99% of people there are responsible gun owners. If they didn't change it after Sandy Hook they will never change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

What about the 150 odd thousand other people that died today ??

Do they not get a look in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Ah ****, not again. Awful news. The US has a big issue with these mass shootings and they need to take steps to prevent them in future.

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »

Why not start a thread about them then? Is that so hard rather than whinging about it

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

D3V!L wrote: »

No they don't. I have it on good authority that each and every one of them was a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Junkies would shoot up a high school? Why would they do this?

No silly.....! junkies shoot up drugs....

Its Americans who shoot up schools....

Thought the plan wasn't to keep weapons out of schools but pack more in with more people being armed, teachers etc! The NRA need to whip Trump back into line like after the last school shooting when Trump also wavered a bit in terms of possible regulations.

Donald Trump, broke off from an event at the White House and called the situation “ a very sad day”. He condemned “an absolutely horrific attack” and said his administration was “determined to do everything in our power” to prevent such incidents.

“We are with you in this tragic hour and we will be with you forever. We will do everything we can to keep weapons out of our schools and out of the hands of those who should not have them,” he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭satguy

Deadly cops, deadly school kids, a cartoon President,, if you ask me, the whole place in turning into a KIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Its pretty sad that i scroll past these things on google new without even batting an eye lid or even being curious to look into the details.

An NRA mantra that rings completely hollow.

Guns do kill people.

A nutcase without a gun is just a nutcase. A nutcase with a gun is a threat to a lot of people. And unless everyone is armed with an AR-15 and body armour, there is nothing to stop them. A handgun is useless in these circumstances.

A nutcase in a rented van. Let's ban the Ford transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

A nutcase in a rented van. Let's ban the Ford transit.

A van has many other uses. A gun is designed to kill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Guns can be used safely. It's their misuse that's the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

They aren't EVER banning guns. 99% of people there are responsible gun owners. If they didn't change it after Sandy Hook they will never change it.
    That leaves 1% of 325,000,000 to avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Guns can be used safely. It's their misuse that's the problem.

Strawman arguement. They're designed to kill effectively. And that's not misuse, it's their purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What if someone is laying down suppression fire?

Yes but guns are owned in huge numbers throughout the world and none have the same issues as the US. It's their culture of violence that's the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

wexie wrote: »
    I'm not sure that's ever likely to happen.

Not until the current generation of teenagers is in government anyways.
    And probably not even then :(

I'd say there are more kids and teenagers being raised around guns, hunting etc than there are those who are for gun control. So yes, probably never

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

As Chris Rock said.... its bullets being so cheap that's the REAL problem.

I reckon if bullets were $2000 each,then I guarantee you people wouldn't be firin' 'em all over the place like confetti at a tinkers weddin.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

How many more will it take before they reaxminne their gun policies?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

diomed wrote: »
    That leaves 1% of 325,000,000 to avoid.

I got ur back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Would nearly guarantee that these folk have a new publicity campaign up before the weekend is out.
    Didn't take em long after the last one. :rolleyes:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/NRAVideos/videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

This will sadly keep happening while they ignore their lax gun laws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Donald Glover was right. Guns are more valuble than people over there. Always will be.

Advertisement