Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car rams gates of government buildings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

classic micra driver

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

I wonder what ethnic group or religion she belongs to.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45257709

The far left angry granny’s group have claimed responsibility

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I wonder what ethnic group or religion she belongs to.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45257709

Any chance she could be a settled, white, Irish person, who simply lost control of her car? A Micra is hardly the first choice for IS milliants.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Any chance she could be a settled, white, Irish person, who simply lost control of her car? A Micra is hardly the first choice for IS milliants.

This is AH. we must assume the worst and then run away when it is pointed out we are wrong. that is the AH way.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd say she was heading up to the Phoenix park to see what section she's in, got lost, and was pulling in to ask for directions. Probably used to 12/14 foot wide gateways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

TheBully wrote: »
    The far left angry granny’s group have claimed responsibility

Those damn commies again.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gatling wrote: »
    Fake license plates .

That's different

were they fake? the irish independent makes a point of saying they were not fake.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/woman-50s-arrested-after-driving-car-into-gates-of-government-buildings-37237046.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

An Irish woman in her 50s with a nativity crib in the back seat, no less

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Not Mary-Mitchell O'Connor again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Somebody looking for a free house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

She's just looking to set up in dublin good and early for popes visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

how long until Isis claim ownership??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

bloody right wing catholics fundamentalists - the city is awash with them this week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Not Mary-Mitchell O'Connor again?

you got there before me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭jaykay74

ISIS inspired attack from another religious nut ? I see you are a terrorist now Mary :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Probably looking to spend a few nights in comfortable accommodation . Will probably set up a "Go fund me page" to repair (replace) her Micra

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Indo: "A small nativity crib could be seen in the back of the car on the floor behind the driver's seat, complete with a small set of battery operated lights."

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

^^
    I genuinely can't tell if that's a joke or serious

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

seamus wrote: »
    ^^

Yup

One of my favourite quotes from X-Files (Mulder) was something along this lines:

If you talk to God its okay, if God talks to you theres a problem

The story behind this incident would be interesting though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

seamus wrote: »
    ^^

It's there.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/woman-50s-arrested-after-driving-car-into-gates-of-government-buildings-37237046.html

Also.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/woman-held-after-car-driven-into-gates-of-government-buildings-1.3603074
    It is understood the middle-aged woman driving the car this morning initially stopped and having been told by gardaí she could not proceed, expressed anger with Taoiseach Leo Varadkar.

She then sought to drive through the closed entrance, colliding with the pillar of the gates.

When the collision occurred, at low speed, the woman’s Nissan Micra stopped and she was taken from the vehicle and arrested

Lol. Apparently there's some scratches on the car and there "might" be some scratches on the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

og2k7 wrote: »
    Yup

One of my favourite quotes from X-Files (Mulder) was something along this lines:

If you talk to God its okay, if God talks to you theres a problem

The story behind this incident would be interesting though

She expressed anger with Taoiseach Leo Varadkar prior to crashing into the gates according to the IT. What was she going to do with the nativity crib and the lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

og2k7 wrote: »
    Indo: "A small nativity crib could be seen in the back of the car on the floor behind the driver's seat, complete with a small set of battery operated lights."

She was trying to complete the scene by finding 3 wise men but got annoyed when told none were inside Leinster House!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Christian terrorism, clearly, then.

"Religion of love" my hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Berserker wrote: »
    She expressed anger with Taoiseach Leo Varadkar prior to crashing into the gates according to the IT. What was she going to do with the nativity crib and the lights?

Curse him for abortion and his gayness? Throw some holy water too?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So much for the tolerant Micra drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

So much for the tolerant Micra drivers.

We should round up all micra drivers now!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

whiskeyman wrote: »
    She was trying to complete the scene by finding 3 wise men but got annoyed when told none were inside Leinster House!!

But there are plenty of cute hoors though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

beertons wrote: »
    I'd say she was heading up to the Phoenix park to see what section she's in, got lost, and was pulling in to ask for directions. Probably used to 12/14 foot wide gateways.

Backs up the theory....

A small nativity crib could be seen in the back of the car on the floor behind the driver's seat, complete with a small set of battery operated lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Since when was gatecrashing a crime? Bad manners yes. But she'd heard there were a number of parties in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Patser

Reati wrote: »
    Backs up the theory....

A small nativity crib could be seen in the back of the car on the floor behind the driver's seat, complete with a small set of battery operated lights.

Maybe she was coming from the Brown Thomas Christmas shop that's now open, and took a wrong turn

Advertisement