Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

These are just smart plugs, not wifi extenders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Decoda wrote: »
    No, single plug only, allows you to plug say a lamp into it and the control it via the App, switch lamp on, off, program times for it to come on etc. I also use it for the xmas lights, very handy to use Google to switch them all on and off etc.

You can also access them remotely over the net. Great for simulating presence in an unoccupied house.......when we get to go on holidays again 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Great at Christmas time... "Hey Google, turn on Christmas". Boom. It's festive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 watchman.ie

Had 1 set up now a few.... IFTTT (If This Then This), working on a schedule, so when the security camera detects motion, a couple of lights go on in the house then off after a certain amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what camera system are you using and what is the IFTTT trigger for it?

• Advertisement

Have a TP-Link KC200 Kasa Smart for over a year now, brilliant camera, never let me down, have zonal monitoring, and once the camera starts to record, that's the trigger.
    Have it hooked up to both Alexa & google devices as well as 4 family phones, and can stream on to the TV's....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

A word of caution when buying these in that there are different hardware versions and as a result different software versions.
    Hardware versions 1 & 2 still seem to be sold in different places and Hardware version 1 is very unstable.
    It will say what version it is on the box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

A word of caution when buying these in that there are different hardware versions and as a result different software versions.
    Hardware versions 1 & 2 still seem to be sold in different places and Hardware version 1 is very unstable.

Do you have a link documenting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Cerco wrote: »
    Do you have a link documenting this?

Here you go.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114631816&postcount=1598

I have 8 of them in my house and you can go to the TP Link Forums or KASA or even Reddit forums and see the feedback on them.

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/71?page=1

And 2 links to the different hardware versions

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/hs100/v1/

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/hs100/v2/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

maxiiim wrote: »
    Hi All

www.pricescanner.ie Argos is updated now, rest will be by the end of today.
    Sorry, server runout of space ).

Thank you!

hi maxiim - argos page has been stuck for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,053 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Picked one up in Argos last week, it has ver2.1 on the barcode so hopefully latest version with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭drogon.

Picked one up in Argos last week, it has ver2.1 on the barcode so hopefully latest version with no issues.

Same here - v2.1. But one of my mate bought this on Amazon a while back and was saying his had energy consumption monitoring on his, but this doesn't - Just a heads up

Hey,

There's 2 different models available which is the HS100 (without energy monitoring) and the HS110 (with energy monitoring)

The Argos one doesn't have the monitoring, it's the HS100, but the 2 I got were version 2.1, (stated on the sticker on the bottom), the others in the house have never been an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Does the Amazon Smart Plug have any advantage over the TP Link Smart Plug?
    I don't notice any but I might be missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Is it just me or is the site not working at all? All the menus when you hover over them are just blank. Same goes for the mobile site.

Have no ad blockers or anything enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Same here. It hasn't being working properly lately but seems to have got worse the last day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

their site has been playing up for me all week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I would not be one bit surprised to see Argos exit the Irish market early 2021, blaming Covid and Brexit on poor sales. When in fact the Irish business was just badly run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Extensions are down on the site you can search ft or the item you want but category and group price searching is bouncing back to home page

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

So I've an item reserved for tomorrow, I'm the SMS it says they will text me when it's in stock, do I wait for this text before making my way in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

So I've an item reserved for tomorrow, I'm the SMS it says they will text me when it's in stock, do I wait for this text before making my way in?

i would say yes wait for text.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,053 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Generally they will text you just before 9am so it should be there when the shop opens. I'm not sure though if the item will only show up to pay for on the self service tills after you get the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

It's not in store , when it's delivered in store you will get another text .

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

Argos website started to work(somehow) so pricescanner.ie is updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

Managed to scan all Argos - a lot of reductions, not sure regarding availibility ))) www.pricescanner.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Are they having a 3 for 2 sale on toys this year on run up to Xmas? I know other toy sale just ended on their website. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Bykobap wrote: »
    Samsung flagships seem to be on half price sale, selected stores etc.

S10+ 512gb for 600 euro, S10 512gb, Note, A90, etc

Most will end up on donedeal i'd say.

Happy hunting.

Agh, that bloody website....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

How much is the S10 coming up for? I can only see €600. That isn't half-price as far as I know.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8372747/Trail/searchtext>Samsung+s10.htm

Advertisement