Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Borderlands 2 is the better game. Base game is probably 50 hours ish if you go do all side missions but then you have the different dlc so that's another 25 hours. Pre sequel is alright, that's probably around 30 hours and another 8 hours for dlc. Timings are rough estimate but you get the idea. You could easily get 100 hours with Borderlands 2

I always found the New Game+ to be more enjoyable than the first run (more challenging and better loot), so you can double those numbers. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

About 10 hours in to BL2 and loving so far. It's tempting me to preorder BL3 on GameStop's current 10euro trade in deal, but thinking I might have BL burnout by then if BL2 is that huge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It’s looking like Borderlands 2 will be getting free dlc to bridge the gap between it and Borderlands 3.

Also the Vault Insider Program season One just started. Borderlands VIP allows people to earn points which can be used to redeem for in game items like skins and unique guns by watching trailers or viewing certain articles
    https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip/

E3 schedule

Sunday, June 9
    9:00 PM: Xbox E3 2019 Briefing
    11:20 PM: IGN Live E3 2019 – New Gameplay World Premiere

Monday, June 10
    12:30 AM: Gearbox interview on Borderlands Twitch channel
    2:55 AM: YouTube Live at E3 – Live Interview and Gameplay
    6:00 PM: The PC Gaming Show
    11:00 PM: AMD Next Horizon Gaming Presentation

Tuesday, June 11
    1:15 AM: Twitch at E3 – Live Dev Interview
    7:00 PM: E3 Coliseum – “Making the Mayhem” Panel
    10:20 PM: GameSpot at E3 – Live Dev Interview and Gameplay

Wednesday, June 12
    10:00 PM: Facebook Gaming at E3 – Live Dev Interview

Thursday, June 13
    9:00 PM: Shacknews at E3 – Live Dev Interview

Also new dlc out for those with The Handsome collection bridging gap between 2 and 3.
    Free to download until July 8

• Advertisement

Tempted to pick up B2 so I can play the new DLC (which is apparently a good 10 hours long).
    You can also start with a Level 30 character which is a nice touch.

I had it on the 360 a million years ago, but I'd need to grab it for Steam now.

If anyone is in the same boat as me, they have it for €7.50 (base game) or €9.89 (GOTY edition) on Steam now for the next week.

If anyone knows any better deals, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mr E wrote: »
    Tempted to pick up B2 so I can play the new DLC (which is apparently a good 10 hours long).
    You can also start with a Level 30 character which is a nice touch.

I had it on the 360 a million years ago, but I'd need to grab it for Steam now.

If anyone is in the same boat as me, they have it for €7.50 (base game) or €9.89 (GOTY edition) on Steam now for the next week.

If anyone knows any better deals, let me know.

GamePass Ultimate for €1 for a month.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

TitianGerm wrote: »
    GamePass Ultimate for €1 for a month.

None of the Borderlands games are in Game Pass on PC.

Just saw that myself. Boo.
    Still a good deal though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Borderlands handsome collection (has BL2 and the pre-sequel) is free this month for PS+ members. in case anyone missed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I downloaded it last night and seems I missed a DLC, thought I played everything to death in that game but I have 2 undicovered areas with loads of missions.

pleasant surprise.

Theres a great easter egg in the new DLC relating to Game of Thrones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm half tempted to do yet another playthrough and being able to start at level 30 only makes me want to do it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm have tempted to do yet another playthrough and being able to start at level 30 only makes me want to do it more.

I don't think I could stomach another playthrough considering I played through it at least 5 times before; twice for Axton (Normal/TVHM) and three times with Sal (Normal/TVHM/UVHM) as well as bits of Zero and Kreig. But I'll jump back in and use some side missions to get used to the game again, then try the new DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    I don't think I could stomach another playthrough considering I played through it at least 5 times before; twice for Axton (Normal/TVHM) and three times with Sal (Normal/TVHM/UVHM) as well as bits of Zero and Kreig. But I'll jump back in and use some side missions to get used to the game again, then try the new DLC.

Having only got through half the game before, I'll be starting fresh again. Can you pick your most fun playthrough? I can't remember who I picked before but maybe I picked someone crap/boring.

Salvador for me all day if you are playing solo. Just means you rarely have to worry about ammo and with the right set up health is less of an issue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

+1 for Sal, had a lot of fun solo with him. He's basically Brick but with guns.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Having only got through half the game before, I'll be starting fresh again. Can you pick your most fun playthrough? I can't remember who I picked before but maybe I picked someone crap/boring.

I enjoyed Sal the most mainly because I played Solo (and he's the most 'Tank' character in terms of health and skills), and you can absolutely shred with some of his skills, being able to stay in Gunzerker mode almost all the time with regen-ing ammo and free doubling of grenades. He's also probably the simplest to use as most of his skills are just based on increasing his durability and dps to insane amounts compared to the others.

For the first part of the game you're mostly relying on short bursts of your skills to see any real variance in the characters, and relying on unique or legendary loot to vary up the gameplay. It's really only towards the end of your first playthrough and into True Vault Hunter Mode (and Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode) where you have so many skills unlocked that the characters really come into their own.

Thanks guys, Sal it is then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Krieg is the best.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Krieg is the best.

I think all the characters have their pluses and minuses. Kreig with the right build is supposed to be insanely fun to play, and Gaige is supposed to be great for solo play too (but in a less tank/dps way than Sal and instead more reliant on stacking abilities and Deathtrap taking the damage instead of her).

Just got B2GOTY for €6.89 on CD-Keys. Pew pew. :)

Remember that 'Mysterious Artefact' from the Tiny Tina DLC? Might be worth checking to see if you still have it ;)

Thanks guys, Sal it is then :)

So I spun it up to be greeted with a Continue screen and a level 13 Sal in a snazzy Devil suit costume staring at me.....I think I may have owned handsome collection before :confused:

Threw it on and was doing some tasks for Tina's tea party and something about catching a train. Dunno where abouts I am in the story (maybe half way through) but it's such a relief not to start again!

The upgraded texture pack looks ****ing great from what I remember. I'm using a very strong flame sniper but low mag, grenade launcher with high damage and high mag (my main gun) and a **** shotgun. I don't really feel comfortable with any of them, think I need a new weapon but the main thing is I jumped up 2 levels and had a blast doing so.

My skill is a bit useless as the secondary guns are crap but the increased health and damage is nice, must remember to use it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sal's all about gunzerking. I was on it dual wielding pistols last night. Fights are just a blaze of bullets, explosions and colour. It's hard to know what's going on or what you're shooting at. Typically I'm relying on the hud just to shoot in the right direction. It's crazy but effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

The 4k textures make this 7 year old game look amazing and it flies along. Just spotted I've options to create a level 30 any character. Is this new or is it because I've several characters already over level 30?

I'm rusty as hell. Haven't played it in years, new dlc seems good. Nice to go back to it.

The 4k textures make this 7 year old game look amazing and it flies along. Just spotted I've options to create a level 30 any character. Is this new or is it because I've several characters already over level 30?

I'm rusty as hell. Haven't played it in years, new dlc seems good. Nice to go back to it.

That was added for the new DLC to bridge to BL3 in case you didn't want to play through the whole game to get to that dlc.

So I spun it up to be greeted with a Continue screen and a level 13 Sal in a snazzy Devil suit costume staring at me.....I think I may have owned handsome collection before :confused:

Threw it on and was doing some tasks for Tina's tea party and something about catching a train. Dunno where abouts I am in the story (maybe half way through) but it's such a relief not to start again!

The upgraded texture pack looks ****ing great from what I remember. I'm using a very strong flame sniper but low mag, grenade launcher with high damage and high mag (my main gun) and a **** shotgun. I don't really feel comfortable with any of them, think I need a new weapon but the main thing is I jumped up 2 levels and had a blast doing so.

My skill is a bit useless as the secondary guns are crap but the increased health and damage is nice, must remember to use it more.

I think I'm near enough to where you are in the game. I remember getting the first mission where you meet Tina. Don't think you are even half way into game as far as I can remember maybe a quarter way in.

Oh don't forget to sign up for the Borderlands vip program as you can earn in game customization

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You are no where near the half way point as far as memory serves (and that's excluding side mission which takes you back to older zones again or the DLC zones) :)

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Sal's all about gunzerking. I was on it dual wielding pistols last night. Fights are just a blaze of bullets, explosions and colour. It's hard to know what's going on or what you're shooting at. Typically I'm relying on the hud just to shoot in the right direction. It's crazy but effective.

With the right combination of guns, shield and skills*, the game can experience a fair bit of slowdown gunzerking as Sal just because of the amount of damage you're doing. It's just numbers flying at you everywhere on the screen :D

*particularly two Double Penetrating Unkempt Harolds with a full Bee Shield. Shreds absolutely everything.

Advertisement