Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-09-2017, 11:27   #211
Occono

The Amazon Prime Video app is now finally officially available on PS4 in Ireland.
Advertisement
15-09-2017, 00:12   #212
doylefe

I have a prime account on amazon.co.uk and used to watch on my Sony Bravia with the Amazon app via smart DNS.

When I "refresh internet content" on the Bravia without any UK DNS, the Amazon app disappears from selection.

Has anyone gotten the Irish prime video working with Sony Bravia? (Pre android TV)
23-09-2017, 17:14   #213
__..__

I signed up for prime thinking oh great you get free movies and tv with it.
So i go an try out the movies.
Every damned movie I hit play on tells me i cant get it at my location.
I cant even filter out the ones i cant get and have to wait til after i try to play it.
I ended up going straight to showbox for the program after messing with amazon for too long and it was much quicker.
What a monumental waste of money.
At least Netflix doesnt make you try to play the movie before telling you to F off.
And prime is good for nothing else in Ireland either it turns out.
(3) thanks from:
23-09-2017, 17:59   #214
Occono

Quote:
Originally Posted by __..__ View Post
I signed up for prime thinking oh great you get free movies and tv with it.
So i go an try out the movies.
Every damned movie I hit play on tells me i cant get it at my location.
I cant even filter out the ones i cant get and have to wait til after i try to play it.
I ended up going straight to showbox for the program after messing with amazon for too long and it was much quicker.
What a monumental waste of money.
At least Netflix doesnt make you try to play the movie before telling you to F off.
And prime is good for nothing else in Ireland either it turns out.
Are you using primevideo.com or trying to use the Amazon UK site?
23-09-2017, 18:14   #215
__..__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occono View Post
Are you using primevideo.com or trying to use the Amazon UK site?
Tried both. And the app on my phone too.
It's not worth the effort. It's a mess.
Advertisement
23-09-2017, 18:28   #216
Marcusm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronm13 View Post
I'm using the Amazon app on my Samsung TV and the Amazon android app and 99% of things have to be paid for. I'll try primevideo.com on my NUC.
Is your tv originally an Irish one or is the country code set to Ireland or UK? OI had this problem as well (having moved over from he UK). Once I changed the country code and restarted the TV, various things which had previously been "not available in your region" were available. It's still a pisspoor selection compared to mainline Amazon Instant Video. Where else would I see Bosch though.
23-09-2017, 18:38   #217
Occono

Quote:
Originally Posted by __..__ View Post
Tried both. And the app on my phone too.
It's not worth the effort. It's a mess.
I haven't had any issue with primevideo.com.....you could contact their support.
21-10-2017, 16:42   #218
Royal Legend

i signed up for the free month, cant get very much, only Man in the high castle, next to none of the other originals, am I doing something wrong?
21-10-2017, 18:02   #219
Buttros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Legend View Post
i signed up for the free month, cant get very much, only Man in the high castle, next to none of the other originals, am I doing something wrong?
Prime video and Amazon prime are different. Amazon prime is for the UK and includes the Netflix type service. If you signed up for that you will have a handful of shows available while abroad.... Prime video is for Ireland and has the "full collection" if you have prime video you'll have a reasonable selection of movies. Hateful eight and the princess bride for example.
Advertisement
21-10-2017, 18:25   #220
Royal Legend

I have switched to prime video on the .co.uk site and still cannot get shows such as preacher or mr robot?

Any ideas, do i contact customer service?
21-10-2017, 18:25   #221
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttros
Prime video and Amazon prime are different. Amazon prime is for the UK and includes the Netflix type service. If you signed up for that you will have a handful of shows available while abroad.... Prime video is for Ireland and has the "full collection" if you have prime video you'll have a reasonable selection of movies. Hateful eight and the princess bride for example.

I looked at prime video when it came out and the sel was terrible for Ireland.

I signed up about a month ago because the content has improved so much. Lots of 4k and hdr content. For the money I think it is a good service. You also have the benefit of prime prices on Amazon itself. Free postage too to parcel motel.

I'm sure they will increase the price in a year or so but pretty good value for money right now imo
21-10-2017, 18:28   #222
Royal Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper12 View Post
I looked at prime video when it came out and the sel was terrible for Ireland.

I signed up about a month ago because the content has improved so much. Lots of 4k and hdr content. For the money I think it is a good service. You also have the benefit of prime prices on Amazon itself. Free postage too to parcel motel.

I'm sure they will increase the price in a year or so but pretty good value for money right now imo
But I cannot seem to load any shows almost all outside territory
Thanks from:
21-10-2017, 18:36   #223
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Legend
But I cannot seem to load any shows almost all outside territory

I had this issue for the first few days but then out of the blue I had access to everything.
21-10-2017, 19:16   #224
Buttros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Legend View Post
I have switched to prime video on the .co.uk site and still cannot get shows such as preacher or mr robot?

Any ideas, do i contact customer service?

No need to go near the Amazon site. Try prime video.com. When logging in it will bring you to Amazon. Use the username and password you always do and it will bring you straight Back. Try a couple apps if using a TV phone console etc.i have two apps for my Xbox and tv. There was a time when one was good for each and the other gave me the same issues you have
21-10-2017, 21:58   #225
Royal Legend

Thanks for all the advice, will give it a couple of days.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion