Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-01-2011, 16:24   #61
dolliemix

Well done everyone who has made it to Week 2!

You'll notice people telling you in the next few weeks that your skin looks great and your eyes are brighter! Look forward to that....
Advertisement
08-01-2011, 17:23   #62
molly77

bad day DAy 8

Hi all

What a fecker of a day, bad cravings today. quess it must be because the weekend is here. Would kill for a fag this morning. but i am not giving in. I have no intension of going through all this crap again after getting this far.
Its hard to believe that a little white thing with lots of brown bits in it has such a hold on us and has taken over our lives, Well it can f off, and hopefully for not much longer.

day 9 tomorrow so I am off hillwalking for the day.

Best of luck guys
(2) thanks from:
08-01-2011, 17:25   #63
molly77

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolliemix View Post
Well done everyone who has made it to Week 2!

You'll notice people telling you in the next few weeks that your skin looks great and your eyes are brighter! Look forward to that....
Thanks Dolliemix for all ur support
Thanks from:
08-01-2011, 18:16   #64
havana

Hi all. Can I join in? Had my last smoke late Thursday night do 2 days now. Luckily :-) I've been pretty unwell since Thursday night so haven't been able to get out to buy any cigs even though I have been tempted to drag myself.

I've done this before so I know I can do it. Was off them for 8 years!!

My biggest fear is going away in a couple of weeks. Keep thinking of those times when I really enjoy a cig. But hopefully by then that will have passed. I'd really love to do this this time!! Also the other half smokes. But he is away working at the moment and will be gone a couple of weeks so that should help.

Best of luck everyone.
08-01-2011, 19:25   #65
noboc

Welcome.. o my god 8 years,I am only of them 8 days today,and today is the 1st day i found so hard,was even going to buy a pack and have a seaky 1 but then i said i was only fooling myself and no one else.would loved to have one but again as other poster said the thought of going thr all this again has stopped,i honestly dont want to be doing this again,I honestly cant believe you were of them for 8 years, if you dont mind me asking,WHY did you start again.
Advertisement
08-01-2011, 20:01   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feownah View Post
Robla I hear ya!

I am on Day 5. And I don't know whether it is a cold that has me feeling physically awful or giving up the ciggies.

My head is all fuzzy / lightheaded, is that normal?
My sinuses are at me
I'm cranky
I'm developing a luverly cough

When will I start to feel better , cos i feel like crap now
Hey there - feel just like you. Day 6 for me now and hit with flu too all week......so chesty I really havn't felt like a ciggie but hope as flu fades that longing to smoke will too.

Already noticed smell from other smokers ---- so keeping that in mind that I smelt just like them helps. Need to get walking when up to it though cause I am so unfit and breathless at the least little thing and kids new Kinect really brought that home to me at Christmas.....I just wasnt able for it.

Anyway Onward & Upwards and Best of Luck everyone !!!!
08-01-2011, 21:21   #67

So Day 7 is nearly over and so is my first week

Agree with Molly 77 that the weekend is much harder than during the week. My key has been to keep myself busy which helps me focus on things other than cravings. I also find it helps if I remind myself that this is all in my head, all the nicotine is now gone so all cravings are purely imaginary

Glad to hear everyone else is still doing well
SnoozyS
09-01-2011, 13:40   #68
That_Guy

Send a message via Skype™ to That_Guy
How was the weekend for you guys? Did you go out or stay in? I went out on my first weekend off the smokes and drank.

It was tough going but only one of my mates smoked and the rest didn't so it made it bearable in a way.

It gets easier after that. During the week was grand as I could easily keep myself occupied with work etc. The weekend is a massive challenge especially that first one so hopefully some of you didn't fall on the first hurdle.

I've noticed significant changes waking up of a Saturday or Sunday morning after a few drinks without smoking.

No phlegm, my chest doesn't feel like it's about to explode and my bedsheets don't smell of horrible smoke either which is great.

One day at a time lads and lassies. A brand new week starts tomorrow. It gets easier with each passing week. I'm off 10 weeks tomorrow and can't wait.

I recommend you buy a small treat for yourselves with the money you've saved.
Thanks from:
09-01-2011, 13:57   #69
dolliemix

Well done everybody. The first weekend is a really big challenge.

Welcome Noboc and 1966

I second everything That Guy says about the wonderful feeling waking up in the morning after the night before as a non-smoker. It makes all the occasions where you felt so tempted and didn't give in worthwhile.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-01-2011, 18:26   #70
Shinshin14

Hi Dollmix

Great to get the support from someone like yourself who has quit over a year now
Sitting on the couch with a roaring fire on as I send this reply. Thinking how lucky I am to be off the cigs since the new year. Went down to my local newsagent for the first time since Christmas. Felt great not having to make a beeline for the counter for my Benson and Hedges. I used arrive first thing in the morning and often back again just before closing time.

Feeling great and thank God have never doubted my decision- maybe it the Champix and all the support I'm getting from all your posts-because willpower I do not have in abundance .

Going back to work tomorrow after a quick visit to the doctor . Looking forward to getting back to normality again.

Thanks to all and keep it up and rememberr not a puff.

Take care

Good l
Thanks from:
09-01-2011, 19:35   #71
Shinshin14

Quote:
Originally Posted by havana View Post
Hi all. Can I join in? Had my last smoke late Thursday night do 2 days now. Luckily :-) I've been pretty unwell since Thursday night so haven't been able to get out to buy any cigs even though I have been tempted to drag myself.

My biggest fear is going away in a couple of weeks. Keep thinking of those times when I really enjoy a cig. But hopefully by then that will have passed. I'd really love to do this this time!! Also the other half smokes. But he is away working at the moment and will be gone a couple of weeks so that should help.

Best of luck everyone.

Welcome Havana and fairplay to you for starting again. I know like me you know the trigger which led to your lapse and will have learnt from the experience .
At least now you know you can do it - you did it before and gave your lungs eight years of a break from that filth. I suppose what is to be learned for all of us who have given up is that the lapse no matter for what reason was caused by the next cigarette we smoke and not the trigger we identify.
As some one told me once when I asked them how long they had given up for “Its not how long I’m off them its how near I am to the next one” He said” be always on your guard You taught your subconscious mind that cigs were your crutch in times of need and it never forgets .”
This person is off them 20 years and was off them 15 when we first had this conversation. Sound advise it proved to be in my case when I took my off the ball and fell into the trap again.
When I lapsed after 15 months the same thing happened I puffed and was back to square one . Worst of all my perceived reason for going back on them- hadn’t gone away with my return to the crutch. So for the next 15 month I puffed and puffed feeling more disillusioned by the day
Thank God this is my most determined effort since then . With the help of my doctor ,champex tablets and your regular postings and my past experiences I am making good progress.
So keep it up everyone , We are all rooting for each other. No matter how we approach it we have a common goal to be free of this filth forever.
Have a good week
09-01-2011, 21:43   #72
Dalan

[QUOTE=Shinshin14;69974155] We are all rooting for each other.

So true Shinshin, and it's a real help.

Good luck all with Monday and the week ahead.....
Thanks from:
09-01-2011, 22:17   #73

Another day over with.

The weekend has definately been harder than the week days but managed to avoid major temptation by keeping a low profile, going running and then re-joining the gym Productive use of my money saved from not smoking...yay

So here's to another week smoke free

SnoozyS
Thanks from:
10-01-2011, 09:31   #74

Morning all.....

How was the weekend for all..... A smokeless one by the looks of things & managed to get through myself.... though at times was biting the tea-towel again !! to try & prevent myself from having just that little one..... just that little one that would help me through !!! Surely just one would not have me smoking again..... Yes those thoughts entered my head all weekend...... But I resisited....

I hope that it was a sucessfull weekend for all of you also.....
Thanks from:
10-01-2011, 11:10   #75

day one!

hey guys/gals!!

well its kinda day 1 and a half.... i havent smoked a ciggie since 5pm yesterday! i smoked my last one, walked to shop with me lil man and was in 2 minds to jus buy one last pack n start from tues!

Im 25 been smokin constant from the age of 15 and i WAS smoking 20 a day easily.... I have tried before twice, but this time im feelin alot better about it!

My worst times are first thing in d mornin, i actually had a breakfast this mornin & in the car on way to work!! but this mornin felt good, iv no patches no nada!! i have patches there but jus wanted to see! WELL DONE to all of yous for gettin into week 2... wayhay!!! keep up the good work!
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion