Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can quality of scale and polish vary between clinics?

• 07-01-2020 9:52am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I went to this great dentist for some work a while ago, great price and excellent work, but it's a 4 hour + change journey.

Alls I need now is a scale and polish.

But - I want the best possible one.

Does quality of this vary much from one clinic to the next?

I checked out some more local clinics on google that have a string of great recommendations on the reviews.

Would it be safe enough to assume that if it's a reputable clinic, one could expect the scale and polish to be well done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

Of course the quality of any treatment will vary from one practitioner to another.
    Having said that there should be a minimum standard of care provided.

I would think it to be insanity to travel over 4 hours for a scale and polish..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Of course the quality of any treatment will vary from one practitioner to another.
    Having said that there should be a minimum standard of care provided.

I would think it to be insanity to travel over 4 hours for a scale and polish..

Yeah - my thoughts also but, they were a great clinic.

I went to somewhere closer that had great reviews and a nice website.

Their clinic was old school/shoddy and, despite reviews to the contrary, I thought they were kind of blunt but, wasn't there to make friends with them.

I had a hefty tartar buildup in the lower posterior section.
    It actually feels like someone else's teeth just now.

My gums are still bleeding slightly - which I suppose means it was a thorough job - I wouldn't have been happy with anything less.

I had thought the scale and polish would assist with whitening which has been stubborn but I was told - probably not.

Advertisement