Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tony Sopranoe

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    delivery is £10, expensive

You are comparing a whey protein isolate to a wehy belnd there. 2 different products

Whey isolate from myprotein, is whey isolate, gonna be more expansive

BBW premium whey is a blend, >> De-lactosed and instantised Pure Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolysed Whey Protein,

You should be comparing it to Impact blend from my protein, not the isolate(isolate is always gonna be more expansive)
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/impact_blend

BBW PREMIUM WHEY 4kg, 34.99 plus 10postage = £44.99

My protein Impact blend 4.54kg , 39.99 plus 4.95 postage = £44.94

And you get more in the myprotein pouch.

I just copied this from a previous post and it does work.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/pricematch.aspx

Put this in, http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/

And there you have it, 5kg of Impact Whey Flavoured £35.

So thats My protein Impact blend 5kg , 34.99 plus 4.95 postage = £39.94

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

DARCHA22 tone it down please, it was an honest question from thaifighter and didn't warrant that kind of response. Your volume of posting about myprotein is nearing spam levels now so I suggest you don't make any more recommendations for them for a while, thanks.

thaifighter welcome to boards :) Thats no problem to put up a link to the fb page, but we won't allowrepeated blatant advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 thaifighter

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    NO AFFIIATION! I HAVE A 9-5 JOB(I CAN TAKE DAYS OFF YA KNOW). I WAS PUTTING BRIANTHEBARD STRAIGHT.

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MYPROTEIN, I AM NOT IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY.

I AM NOT PROMOTING ANY PRODUCTS FOR ANY BENEFIT TO ME, I AM JUST SUGGESTING.

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN DONT READ IT, THATS ALL I CAN SAY.

YOU ARE ON HERE PROMOTING YOUR OWN WEBSITE/BUSINESS, THATS AGAINST FORUM RULES IF IM CORRECT.

RANT OVER!
    :cool:
    Easy tiger.

I'm not promoting anything. I have not suggested to anyone to buy from anywhere. I've answered a couple posts that referenced some of our products, in an open and honest way, then I went on to add a couple replies in various threads, that imho, were frank and helpful - for example:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66829234&postcount=30

Promoting your own code (as you've done in a couple replies) is self-serving by the way - you do get something out of it from memory...discount points on your own orders.

g'em wrote: »
    DARCHA22 tone it down please, it was an honest question from thaifighter and didn't warrant that kind of response. Your volume of posting about myprotein is nearing spam levels now so I suggest you don't make any more recommendations for them for a while, thanks.

thaifighter welcome to boards :) Thats no problem to put up a link to the fb page, but we won't allowrepeated blatant advertising.
    Hi g'em,

No worries. No intention of advertising / spamming etc. Just saw the link from here and thought I'd drop by. Nice forum you've got and hope I can give useful input here and there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

spam my boloxs

what tone, just making it clear!

right so i wont post again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

Discountsupplements are selling this for 59.99 - 3.5lbs

Hydrolized whey - reviews are all very good for it

What is difference between this and the regular ON whey - I assume it is faster digesting? Does price difference justify this over "regular" ON whey or would it make a minimal difference?

TheZ wrote: »

What is difference between this and the regular ON whey - I assume it is faster digesting? Does price difference justify this over "regular" ON whey or would it make a minimal difference?
    This is available for £10 less at other stores.

In terms of if it's "worth it", this is up to the individual. If you're tight on cash, stick to a basic whey, meat and fresh produce. If you're feeling flush, it makes a better post-workout choice than isolate or concentrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Good value imo

I don't know anything about delivery charge though.:o

http://www.thesupplementfactory.com/p15/Mass_Gain_Plus_10lbs_Bag/product_info.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Good value imo

I don't know anything about delivery charge though.:o

http://www.thesupplementfactory.com/p15/Mass_Gain_Plus_10lbs_Bag/product_info.html

delivery is 7 euro if i remember correctly, tat has a 4 to 1 ratio of carbs to protein wich is prob a bit high, the servin size is 280 grams which is a crazy to try and get down ye, id go for something like this for a mass gainer http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/Products/Gaspari-Nutrition/Real-Mass-5.95lb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I bought it recently. I don't like it that much as it's extremely sweet and tastes like caster sugar. I didn't like the fact that I had to have 39g scoops to get 30g of protein. Where as with the regular Whey it's 29g to 24g of protein, and tasted a lot better.

I'm currently just trying to finish the tub of it, so I'm sticking in a scoop of it with 3 scoops of regular ON Vanilla Whey per shake. The taste is a little sweet, but it tastes better than just pure Hydrowhey. ON Whey uber alles though.

I wouldn't recommend buying the hydrowhey. Overpriced for what it is, granted it may appear to be "purer" than the regular whey but it certainly doesn't taste it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Dathai wrote: »
    so I'm sticking in a scoop of it with 3 scoops of regular ON Vanilla Whey per shake.

Four scoops total is just one shake?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Yep.

I take 1 - 1.5g of protein per lb of body mass (depending on how hard I've trained that day). I don't get everything from shakes however.

It's been good for me so far - I recover quicker and my strength has gone up. I'm currently taking a week off from weight training to do cardio so I've only had a small percentage of what I'd normally eat protein wise. Taking milk thistle capsules so my liver gets a detox from the high protein diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hpzebra

Hydrolysed is way over priced. There are some post work out products that contain hydrolysed whey.

CNP pro recover contains only Isolate and Hydro whey and taste great!

Reflex Growth Matrix ,protein source is only hydro whey.6 GRAMS OF L-LEUCINE PER serving.
    If you can stand the taste its an awesome post work out product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

Anyone used/tired

Progenex

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

lol........if you prefer science and statistics and a couple hundred million bodybuilders votes as to which is the best instead off some faceless know it all on a forum suggestions

GO HERE -> BODYBUILDING.COM TOP 50 SUPPLEMENTS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

denballs wrote: »
    lol........if you prefer science and statistics and a couple hundred million bodybuilders votes as to which is the best instead off some faceless know it all on a forum suggestions

GO HERE -> BODYBUILDING.COM TOP 50 SUPPLEMENTS

Hi there

To be honest I would take the top 50 from that site with a pinch of salt also.

I would imagine that the site listed is well sponsored by the companies whose products they are recommending, so I would not consider it to be a non biased opinion.

Personally I believe you should try and get as much of your carb, protein & fat requirements from whole foods where possible. Then if you are going to use whey, find one that you like and which has decent protein content and take that.

None of these pills, powders or potions are magic. Without a solid and consistant trainig routine and diet they will do nothing for you. They are simply an aid, meant to be used to supplement a good diet, that's all.

Best Regards,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

A Chairde,

Anyone who where I can buy Iso Mass Xtreme Gainer in Dublin ??

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/isomass.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

B-Builder wrote: »
    Hi there

To be honest I would take the top 50 from that site with a pinch of salt also.

I would imagine that the site listed is well sponsored by the companies whose products they are recommending, so I would not consider it to be a non biased opinion.

Personally I believe you should try and get as much of your carb, protein & fat requirements from whole foods where possible. Then if you are going to use whey, find one that you like and which has decent protein content and take that.

None of these pills, powders or potions are magic. Without a solid and consistant trainig routine and diet they will do nothing for you. They are simply an aid, meant to be used to supplement a good diet, that's all.

Best Regards,

M

as an example

BSN Syntha-6 - View Syntha-6
    Syntha-6 is a GREAT tasting, low carb protein powder by the gurus behind NO-Xplode and Nitrix. This ain't your little brother's low quality protein since it is a premium blend with the type of protein that is released slowly in your body, keeping you in a muscle-building, anabolic state for a longer period of time. This way you can put on muscle faster and continue to put your little brother in a headlock whenever he breaks in on you making out with your girlfriend.

Great tasting? yes

Low carb? hahahahahahaha, yeah, its only 40% carbs like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

john_cappa wrote: »

as an example

BSN Syntha-6 - View Syntha-6
    Syntha-6 is a GREAT tasting, low carb protein powder by the gurus behind NO-Xplode and Nitrix. This ain't your little brother's low quality protein since it is a premium blend with the type of protein that is released slowly in your body, keeping you in a muscle-building, anabolic state for a longer period of time. This way you can put on muscle faster and continue to put your little brother in a headlock whenever he breaks in on you making out with your girlfriend.

Great tasting? yes

Low carb? hahahahahahaha, yeah, its only 40% carbs like!

Isnt Progenex meant to be the new top product ??

Totally agree about The BSN syntah 6 .yes it taste good etc.

But 50% protein (50g protein per 100g)and only 52 servings in a5lb tub!!!
    USN & Gaspari isnt too far ahead on the quality ladder either!!

Id stick with Optimum nutrition whey or Reflex Micro whey!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

Physiques Supplement Store in Blanchardstown is definately worth checking out for anyone in the area, they stock pretty much every brand... Tommy Staunton works out there too, always good to talk to someone who knows their stuff and practices what they preach when it come to supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭millhousegirl

Has anyone every tried this phase 1 supplement from PAS

http://www.pasonline.co.uk/products/index.aspx?prid=3

Just ordered some there yesterday. I intend to use it before football matches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Just wondering what are peoples opinions on Animal Pak? Anyone taken it?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pretty much, its partially digested with enzymes so you process it quicker.

My current protein is a mix of Isolate, Concentrate and hydro. whey

TBH, i'd going to change to a purer mix of isolate. The hydro (plus the small amount of carbs and fats) lower the grams or protein per 100g, i'm looking to get something with zero carbs or fats and as high protein as possible

USP LABS JACK 3D. Has anybody used it ?? iv read some good reviews about it?

Iv seen it on-line for 29 Euro in Ireland. I'm thinking of getting some .worth a try at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Hey,

Im looking for a recommendation for a supplement. Basically just looking for bulkier and more toned muscles! Have been in the gym every 2 days for about 6 weeks at this stage. Planning to try keep this up pretty permanently. Basic program is 35 minutes cardio then weights...mixture of machines and free weights.

Diet is generally good but i wouldnt eat anything specific towards my workout routine! Looking for a supplement for after the gym workouts i guess! Would whey or creatine be best? Or any particular recommendations?

18 and male if that makes any difference to the choices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

timmywex wrote: »
    Hey,

Im looking for a recommendation for a supplement. Basically just looking for bulkier and more toned muscles! Have been in the gym every 2 days for about 6 weeks at this stage. Planning to try keep this up pretty permanently. Basic program is 35 minutes cardio then weights...mixture of machines and free weights.

Diet is generally good but i wouldnt eat anything specific towards my workout routine! Looking for a supplement for after the gym workouts i guess! Would whey or creatine be best? Or any particular recommendations?

18 and male if that makes any difference to the choices!

Whey Protein, Creatine, Zma and eats lots of Complex Cabs

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Are any of the thermo pills on the market worth it at all?
    Currently only taking whey

Oxypro Elite
    read some reviews and picked them up "just to see"

They totally kill your appetite so in that sense they work

Not sure on the pseudoscience around "brown fat" but there does seem to be some research showing if you activate it it can burn a lot of calories
    best way to activate it is probably to expose yourself to cold but this stuff claims to be able to chemically activate it

• Advertisement

hpzebra wrote: »
    USP LABS JACK 3D. Has anybody used it ?? iv read some good reviews about it?

Iv seen it on-line for 29 Euro in Ireland. I'm thinking of getting some .worth a try at that price!

Yeah have used it. Work out in the mornings and when i was using it I felt it did "get me up and going". Better than No Xplode in my view and doesn't give you the sh"ts.

the Usp Labs stuff does seem to have an effect - that oxypro elite i referenced above is also by Usp labs.

They are both stimulants and if you overdo them they will leave you a bit wired but as pre-workout suppments they fulfil a function of waking you up. A double espresso may well achieve the same thing though.

Advertisement