Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

jugger0 wrote: »
    You're not even a real doctor are you?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

TPW are doing buy 3 get 1 free on 500g bags if anyone want to try flavours

241627.jpg

Looks like Oliver Cookson is setting up a new supplement company

www.gonutrition.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

http://www.optimumnutrition.ie/essential-amino-energy

looks like this ****s gone up to 42.99? wtf
    thats a big jump from 25 - 27.99 or whatever it was previous.
    it's defo not worth 42.99

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Zombienosh wrote: »
    http://www.optimumnutrition.ie/essential-amino-energy

looks like this ****s gone up to 42.99? wtf
    thats a big jump from 25 - 27.99 or whatever it was previous.
    it's defo not worth 42.99
    Ahem "Cough Cough"http://www.unsportsnutrition.ie/supplements/product/6/Optimum_Nutrition_Amino_Energy_30_servings

• Advertisement

yeah i know its still cheaper elsewhere, but just highlighting that they have increased it, so down the line it'll increase everywhere, at which point i'd say the sales will plummit.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Zombienosh wrote: »
    yeah i know its still cheaper elsewhere, but just highlighting that they have increased it, so down the line it'll increase everywhere, at which point i'd say the sales will plummit.

afaik there was a tax placed on supplements at the start of the year and bcaa's and amino's took a huge hit. It used to be €21 from UN, so has gone up from that tax.

DL Saint wrote: »

afaik there was a tax placed on supplements at the start of the year and bcaa's and amino's took a huge hit. It used to be €21 from UN, so has gone up from that tax.

Could be ON being ON and trying to charge silly prices as they are market leader here?

well if that is the case, almost doubling the price is taking the piss.

On a separate note I ordered some limited edition Jaffa Cake whey from TPW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

On a separate note I ordered some limited edition Jaffa Cake whey from TPW.

Jaffa Cake Protein...Yes please...I was in Tesco earlier and saw a special on jaffa Cakes and hand fight the urge to buy them all...Let us know how it tastes?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anyone here use Kinetica Protein? Would you say it was good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

DM-ICE wrote: »

Used it before, tasted grand, has good macro's...Its next to impossible to mix tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

DM-ICE wrote: »

I won a free tub last year! Tasted great and its a good irish company but i thought the protein content in it was low compared to a lot of other brands! only something like 24g per 30g scoop! Not good enough IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I won a free tub last year! Tasted great and its a good irish company but i thought the protein content in it was low compared to a lot of other brands! only something like 24g per 30g scoop! Not good enough IMO!

That's like 82%?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Its 72% protein and 21.5g of protein per 30g serving. It's a decent enough protein but I find the taste very synthetic, mixibility is poor enough as well. Better proteins available.

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

That's like 82%?
    Oisinjm wrote: »
    Its 72% protein and 21.5g of protein per 30g serving. It's a decent enough protein but I find the taste very synthetic, mixibility is poor enough as well. Better proteins available.

Oisín

Sorry i knew my figures weren't correct that's actually the content of the content of the protein i have at the moment from bulkpowders! As i said it was sometime last year i tried it but i just remembered the protein content being very low!

I strongly agree there are better options available though, 72% is unacceptable IMO, especially if you are paying 40 odd quid+ a pop in some supplement stores! I know they are a good Irish company, but for bang for buck you really can't beat the wholesalers! BP Unflavoured whey isolate comes in at 90% and their concentrate is even 82%!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Sorry i knew my figures weren't correct that's actually the content of the content of the protein i have at the moment from bulkpowders! As i said it was sometime last year i tried it but i just remembered the protein content being very low!

I strongly agree there are better options available though, 72% is unacceptable IMO, especially if you are paying 40 odd quid+ a pop in some supplement stores! I know they are a good Irish company, but for bang for buck you really can't beat the wholesalers! BP Unflavoured whey isolate comes in at 90% and their concentrate is even 82%!

Their flavored concentrate would be more in the region of 72-78% depending on which flavour selected.

Any protein that measures about 70% on an "as is" basis is high quality (assuming all the protein is coming from wpc/wpi/mpc/egg that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I'm trying to make an order at myprotein but my mystery discount code won't work, the page just refreshes and nothing happens. Also The code for the chocolate mint deal at the moment also won't work. Anyone else having trouble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Yeahhh my mystery discount doesn't work either. Fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I made an order at about 5 to 2 and it worked fine. It kept crashing IE on an old work computer though, eventually worked with firefox

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

The mystery discount code would only work on the UK version of the site but then would not let you choose Ireland as the shipping country, so you had to go back to the Irish version of the site where the code would not work. Made my order but pissed off about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I used the uk version and sent it to parcel motel. Even if the box turns out to be too big and they charge me the €10 redelivery I've saved. I've noticed the stuff in the 50% off sale isn't on the Irish site either, bit lousy.

Got this from TPW on UKM about my jaffa cake order as they wanted to ring me:
    Hi buddy :)

No nothing to worry about at all....all it is.....

Basically we always test every batch to make sure it's up to our high standards and we tested one batch of jaffa and found it wasn't 100% how we like it (felt it lacked that milk chocolate under tone and needed a little more natural flavouring)

SO..... what we're doing is saying.... when you receive it, try and if you like it then that's great and it's yours to keep :)

BUT regardless.... we're going to be sending you a new one (free of charge) from a batch that we just feel mixed better and has that milk chocolate taste :)

so absolutely nothing to worry about and the few people we've spoken to say they love the Jaffa, so in which case they just get 2 for the price of 1 :thumb: but if you think the first one lacks a little milk chocolate, don't worry, the second freebie is on it's way asap!

Two bags of whey. w00t!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shaneoreillyo

Just wondering is myprotein the cheapest/best value for money out there? Student on a budget. Plus is the unflavoured bearable or would i be better off getting flavoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Got this from TPW on UKM about my jaffa cake order as they wanted to ring me:

Two bags of whey. w00t!

Wow what a sound bunch of lads, my faith in humanity is restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Just wondering is myprotein the cheapest/best value for money out there? Student on a budget. Plus is the unflavoured bearable or would i be better off getting flavoured.

It's not tasty but definitely palatable, you can grab a couple of jars of the liquid flavouring for around 3 quid each to make it go down a bit easier, they last for ages too. As for price, there isn't much in the way of difference between myprotein or bulkpowders for a 5kg bag (around €55), proteinworks (€52). Have no idea what the difference in delivery charges between each company is though. Just as a word of warning, there was some horrible delays with myprotein deliveries a while back, not sure if it's been sorted yet or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shaneoreillyo

It's not tasty but definitely palatable, you can grab a couple of jars of the liquid flavouring for around 3 quid each to make it go down a bit easier, they last for ages too. As for price, there isn't much in the way of difference between myprotein or bulkpowders for a 5kg bag (around €55), proteinworks (€52). Have no idea what the difference in delivery charges between each company is though. Just as a word of warning, there was some horrible delays with myprotein deliveries a while back, not sure if it's been sorted yet or not.

Thanks a lot for that only saw this post now after ordering nutrisport 90+. 65 quid for 5kg banana tub shaker and delivery was grand. Ill see how this goes and next month might well try for the unflavored with liquid flavoring as you suggested. I never knew you could buy the flavoring individualy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Would anyone recommend ON Hydrowhey for a post workout and ON Gold standard whey for a rugby player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend ON Hydrowhey for a post workout and ON Gold standard whey for a rugby player?

Realistically unless your diet is impeccable and you're narrowing down on every facet of your nutrition and training, there's no need for Hydrowhey, especially at the price that's charged for it.

Oisín

Advertisement