Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-01-2019, 13:50   #151
Bargain_Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shop40 View Post
Trim (Meath) would be a nice spot to live. It looks very well. A good supply of schools, shops, pubs, restaurants. About an hour from Dublin city on the bus.
Don’t see what’s to like about Navan.
What does Trim offer that Navan doesn't? Navan has 3 times the population and is probably better serviced in a lot ways. Like every town, there are some less desirable areas but we live in a lovely quiet mature area (And this is a new build!).
Advertisement
16-01-2019, 13:46   #152
jim-mcdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unshelved View Post
Just in case anyone is thinking of moving to Skerries it has NEVER been a 30 minute minute commute by train to Dublin. In fact, with the introduction of the new train timetable in December what was once a 40 minute journey is now closer to 50 minutes. Factor in overcrowded trains and a 50-50 chance of getting a seat at peak time it makes a door to door commute of at least an hour (depending on getting to the station at both ends - it could be a lot more) and not a comfortable one either!

Still a nice place to live though!
50/50 chance of getting a seat on a train at peak times? I would say its more like .1 out of 100 if your talking coming from town. going in maybe 50/50 if your willing to trample the elderly and disable pregnant lady in front of you as so many do
Thanks from:
16-01-2019, 16:22   #153
cruizer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim-mcdee View Post
50/50 chance of getting a seat on a train at peak times? I would say its more like .1 out of 100 if your talking coming from town. going in maybe 50/50 if your willing to trample the elderly and disable pregnant lady in front of you as so many do
Depends where in town, I get on at Pearse and get seat 80% of the time, and not by pushing, just knowing where to go.
From Connolly there are a few trains start there where you would definitely get a seat, otherwise not a hope.

Going in from rush/lusk (I think thats where talking about) I'd say rare enough, maybe a bit during summer. I get it from balbriggan and get seat most of time but and most do but by skerries a lot don't.
16-01-2019, 16:25   #154
mariaalice

It would be more the problem of trying find a house for less than 310k in Skerries.
(2) thanks from:
16-01-2019, 22:58   #155
Sleepy

The train from Donabate would be even worse: getting a seat in the morning would be a 1/100 shot (though it's only half an hour or so to stand so I don't mind it too much).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion