Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Differing forecasts online - which is most reliable?

Options
  • 01-05-2018 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm sure this topic has been raised before by other weather noobs so apologies in advance. I've a trip booked to Genoa in Italy this weekend and after daily Googling of 'Genoa weather' the forecast looked so bad that I was going to change plans and head elsewhere in Italy.

However after looking at Accuweather it paints a slightly different picture. Google has 80% precipitation on Saturday and 90% on Sunday, while Accuweather has only 3 hours of precipitation on Saturday and another 3 on Sunday - much less dramatic.

Generally speaking, does one tend to be more accurate than the other? Am I possibly misreading the forecast on Google?

Cheers,

Comments

Advertisement