1. Predict the IMT, mean temperature at five locations in Ireland (Claremorris, Casement, Mullingar, Oak Park, Shannon) for July, 2019. The 1981-2010 "normal" value is 15.3 deg C.
2. Predict the MAX temperature at any regularly reporting Met-E station as reported in the Monthly Summary (and daily in the "yesterday's weather" section of their website), during July.
3. Predict the MIN temperature during July (see 2 above for overview).
4. Predict the PRC (rainfall at this time of year) as a percentage of normal values (1981-2010) at eleven locations, namely Ballyhaise, Cork, Malin Head, Belmullet, Cork, Johnstown Castle, and the five locations for the IMT (section 1 above), during July.
5. Predict the SUN (sunshine) as a percentage of normal values (1981-2010) at six locations, Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Shannon, Cork and Valentia, during July.
6. BONUS -- Continuing the Battle of the Provinces, read carefully ... this time it will be Connacht vs Ulster, same general idea as June but now two locations take part for each province, and the winner is the highest of all four. If two tie then the other two are used to break the tie. If that fails then the warmest overnight low among them determines the winner. And if that fails, the win goes to the holder of the previous day. The locations going into battle will be Athenry and Markree for Connacht and Finner and Ballyhaise for Ulster. They have identical July mean temperatures (Athenry and Ballyhaise 15.5, and Markree, Finner 15.1). So I will set normal at 18-13 for Connacht thinking that the diurnal range might be a bit larger there (so average max may not be identical as is the daily mean).
You can post your guess for this in any form as long as I can tell which province gets how many wins, but to make it standard go with Connacht wins vs Ulster wins.
To make sure you're understanding this,
(a) your guesses must total 31, e.g., 20-11, 29-2, 14-17 etc.
(b) winner is highest max of all four, not an average of the two vs the other average.
(c) It's Athenry/Markree vs Ballyhaise/Finner -- anywhere else in the relevant provinces not applicable to the contest (sorry Mountdillon).
(z) Connacht is whereas Ulster ... okay you all know this part ...
Here's my predictions and those of NormaL to get us started ...
MTC ______ 15.8 _ 29.0 _ 3.5 _ 085 _ 115 ____ 19-12 (C vs U)
NormaL ___ 15.3 _ 27.5 _ 4.0 _ 100 _ 100 ____ 18-13 (C vs U)
Late penalties will be 1 point for every four hours after deadline of 0300h Monday 1st of July to 1500h 2nd (at that time, -9 pts) then 1 additional point for every hour late after that.
Good luck, have fun, the August bonus will be the June winner vs the July winner for the all-Ireland title, may allow in three per province that time.